Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Where is the good luck charm known as Domino?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Where is the good luck charm known as Domino?
    Leading the Mercs for Money $$$

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

The world needs more Nathan and Rachel team-ups.
    Yep to this please

IMO there's so much untapped potential here. We've seen Cable having more traditional X-men/superhero adventures in his original series, and then we've seen him taking a more proactive political stance in both Soldier X and even Cable/Deadpool. But I'd love to see something that combines both, and also delves into his rich and virtually unexplored (at least compared to characters like Wolverine and Deadpool) history. I mean, we've seen how he grew up in his future in a couple of minis in the 90s, and we saw some of it in the Cable: Blood & Metal two-parter as well. But there's so much about that time period we don't know which could be mined.

In the same way that Lemire seems to be toggling back and forth between the present day and Logan's past in the future Wastelands in the Old Man Logan series, Cable could do the same. But with another twist, in that the writer can also explore his past in this era between the time he first came back and when he ultimately took over the New Mutants and turned them into X-Force. The guy was apparently a legend in American military intelligence circles, taking tough mercenary jobs all over the world. Tons to explore there.

And, of course, how his past informs his present and future will be the important part. So a writer that can tie all of that together and balance it with a sense of purpose in the here and now will be key. I honestly believe that Cable can be a huge character again if done justice. So I'm hoping for a great creative team on this. Fingers crossed they'll announce something soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    IMO there's so much untapped potential here. We've seen Cable having more traditional X-men/superhero adventures in his original series, and then we've seen him taking a more proactive political stance in both Soldier X and even Cable/Deadpool. But I'd love to see something that combines both, and also delves into his rich and virtually unexplored (at least compared to characters like Wolverine and Deadpool) history. I mean, we've seen how he grew up in his future in a couple of minis in the 90s, and we saw some of it in the Cable: Blood & Metal two-parter as well. But there's so much about that time period we don't know which could be mined.

In the same way that Lemire seems to be toggling back and forth between the present day and Logan's past in the future Wastelands in the Old Man Logan series, Cable could do the same. But with another twist, in that the writer can also explore his past in this era between the time he first came back and when he ultimately took over the New Mutants and turned them into X-Force. The guy was apparently a legend in American military intelligence circles, taking tough mercenary jobs all over the world. Tons to explore there.

And, of course, how his past informs his present and future will be the important part. So a writer that can tie all of that together and balance it with a sense of purpose in the here and now will be key. I honestly believe that Cable can be a huge character again if done justice. So I'm hoping for a great creative team on this. Fingers crossed they'll announce something soon...
    Let Dennis Hopeless write this and it's automatically on my pull.

I could get behind Hopeless or Duggan on this book. I'd also like to see some new villains for Cable in this book. Beyond just Stryfe. Bring back Sinsear, maybe Mike Carey's Children of the Vault too (and give them some historical connection to Cable). Plus some brand new threats.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-24-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hope Hope Hope.

The world needs more Nathan and Rachel team-ups.
    I too would appreciate a stronger "sibling" bond between these two very much.

I know he's the central villian in Mark Waid's Avengers right now, but I think having Cable interact with Kang/Immortus/Scarlet Centurion would be neat. Both are time travelers and with Kang's animosity with Apocalypse in Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, it could be a wierd relationship where the enemy of my enemy is a friend, or is it? I would also really like to see Cable interacting with more of the Marvel Universe and X-Books in general, in particular situations where time travel occurs.

Agree. Cable needs to be a major player in not just the X-verse, but also in the broader Marvel Universe again. Like he was in the early 90s when he interacted with the Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Spider-man, etc.

In that respect, him being on Uncanny Avengers plus having a solo series is probably a good thing. And maybe even possibly being on one of the new X-teams too. After all, if Wolverine can pull double (or even triple) team duty, so can Nathan. Plus he's got a teleporter. Logan doesn't.

If Uncanny Avengers stays.. and what I mean by that is the current book continues and Duggan is writing... I don't see much of a change up in the roster. I think Rogue and Cable and probably Deadpool all stay. In terms of the X-characters on the team.

I hope it doesn't change much. Wouldn't mind ditching Synapse after IvX though. Maybe Quicksilver too. Trim the roster down some.

- Cable
    - Rogue
    - Human Torch
    - Wasp
    - Voodoo
    - Deadpool

I hope it doesn't change much. Wouldn't mind ditching Synapse after IvX though. Maybe Quicksilver too. Trim the roster down some.

- Cable
    - Rogue
    - Human Torch
    - Wasp
    - Voodoo
    - Deadpool
    *pssssss* add Gambit *psssssss*

and it's hinted that Human Torch might quit so maybe replace with Psylocke since Uncanny X-Men is gonna end soon (or at least implied to with the new titles)

Gambit becoming a permanent member would be delightful. But don't tell many of the other Gambit fans I said that or I'll be shunned from that Appreciation thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Gambit becoming a permanent member would be delightful. But don't tell many of the other Gambit fans I said that or I'll be shunned from that Appreciation thread lol
    Is there a problem because they don't want Gambit and Rogue on the same team? Seems kind of sucky, cause I feel they play off each other really nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Is there a problem because they don't want Gambit and Rogue on the same team? Seems kind of sucky, cause I feel they play off each other really nicely.
    Some love the relationship. Others want Gambit as far away from Rogue as possible. They have their reasons and are completely justified with the opinions they have. I like how Duggan has used Gambit so far and hope to see more.