Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Many characters. I was a bit disappointed that non of the mutants (of the group at the end) were from the X-verse. I was kind of hoping for it. No Moira, no Blindfold, no any other.
    I am actually glad that none of them were known x-characters. I would rather see new and good characters than x-characters in name only.

Confusing but an enjoyable watch, great set up... can't wait to see what happens next.

I DVR'd the first episode because FX has a nasty tendency to take extra long commercial breaks. That made the viewing experience all the more enjoyable. It was a very dense, very cerebral show. This was not Agents of SHIELD, Supergirl, or Flash. It didn't try to be overly dramatic or campy. It really didn't try to be a comic book show in general. It was unique in many respects. I agree it was hard to follow at times, but it was still fun and entertaining. Things really picked up towards the end of the episode. It seemed to come together in the sense that you could figure out what was going on and what was at stake. In addition, you didn't even have to know anything about X-men to appreciate the show. It really did try to be something different and I think it worked. Really looking forward to more episodes. This show definitely has the potential to be something special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

What I really liked about the show, and which is imo the one of the best things about it, is its tone. Which I think can be described as dark comedy, or at least close to it. And it can be so funny.

"Well you don't have to be a dick about it."

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Amazing soundtrack, and i think i listen at the end Because of the Beatles ?

we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

x-men movie opening numbers are always praised, however the opening scene of legion was amazing. great and very complex episode. which is expected from anything that is x-men.

I wonder if Chris Claremont watched. I saw his name in the cast.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    x-men movie opening numbers are always praised, however the opening scene of legion was amazing. great and very complex episode. which is expected from anything that is x-men.

I wonder if Chris Claremont watched. I saw his name in the cast.lol
    Seriously? I need to go back and watch this pilot again. That is so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Amazing soundtrack, and i think i listen at the end Because of the Beatles ?

There are some shows that are just nailing the quality target when it comes to overall packaging.

The other night I was watching 'The Magicians' on SYFY, and not only was the story very engaging but the soundtrack complemented the entire flow of the story. Nothing like 'Legion' did with the pilot. But enough where I couldn't help but think about these songs for hours.

This series needs to add some green hair color to the mix. Just don't be Brand please.

I actually enjoyed it. A little confusing at times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Seriously? I need to go back and watch this pilot again. That is so cool!
    His is the first name mentioned in the end credits after Noah Hawley.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    His is the first name mentioned in the end credits after Noah Hawley.
    That's it! I'm going back in. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    reposting my post from the tv/film thread:

I enjoyed it, even though I would have liked to have seen more connection to the books. Like there's really no reason why the mutant rescue team at the end couldn't have been c-list x-characters, other than the writer/director didnt want to have to research the comics(do his "homework" so to speak), its much easier(lazier) to just make up your own OCs.

anyway it must have left some kind of subconscious impression on me b/c I dreamt about it last night. I dreamt that David and the two main female leads where spiking the food supply at the hospital and then David becomes a giant and rampages through the town. Lol, whatever.
    Well the big reason the mutant rescue team couldn't have been c-list x-characters is because they may only exist in his head ie they are the personalities within him that give him his various powers.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    spoilers:
    Based on the first episode. I'm certain that everyone helping David escape at the end were all of his other personalities. Seems like Sydney is the Pryokinetic personality renamed from Cyndi, and the psychiatrist is actually Jack Wayne. Although they will probably rename him as well. the telekinetic powers gave it away. It also looks like David was assisted by his inner persona's in escaping what appears to be Muir Island. I need the next episode now!
    end of spoilers
    They probably wouldn't take it this far but it's quite possible the whole mental institution we see him is all in his head hence why for example his interrogator seemed interested in David's mention of a doctor and why he still sees Aubrey Plaza's character.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Now that I am rewatching the show, it reminded me about a few questions I had.

1) Who is the person at the clinic melded with the tree? I'm thinking this has to do with Mojoverse.

2) It feels like the partner in the interrogation room with David was reading his mind to validate his answers. Again, I'm leaning towards this being one of Mojo's denizens. And what was with the dog statue he left on the table in front of David?

Last edited by Killercroc357; 02-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Now that I am rewatching the show, it reminded me about a few questions I had.

1) Who is the person at the clinic melded with the tree? I'm thinking this has to do with Mojoverse.

2) It feels like the partner in the interrogation room with David was reading his mind to validate his answers. Again, I'm leaning towards this being one of Mojo's denizens. And what was with the dog statue he left on the table in front of David?

I was getting a Major Domo, Mojo' s right hand man vibe from the interrogator sitting across from David questioning him. Also when the camera did a close up on the little guy carving the statue, it looked like he had a cybernetic eye.Like the type Mojo implanted in Psylocke as cameras to see into our dimension. When the interrogator went to talk to the man in the other room i got the feeling off being back stage of a T.V. production with all the people behind the scenes getting things ready for the next scene. Imagine a military drill preparing for the live event on location.

I'm probably reading a little to much into this but it's fun to speculate.