Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast

Hey I'm curious as an X-Men fan and someone that has schizophrenia, I read that in this show Legion has schizophrenia (rather than Dissociative Identity Disorder/multiple personalities) - at least he is diagnosed and comes to find that he may not be 'crazy', etc. Is this the character in the show, at least in season 1? Is the schizophrenia just a trope or is it meaningful in some way? Apologies for interrupting the thread, but I was just curious, as representations of schizophrenia are 99% of the time shallow or worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Hey I'm curious as an X-Men fan and someone that has schizophrenia, I read that in this show Legion has schizophrenia (rather than Dissociative Identity Disorder/multiple personalities) - at least he is diagnosed and comes to find that he may not be 'crazy', etc. Is this the character in the show, at least in season 1? Is the schizophrenia just a trope or is it meaningful in some way? Apologies for interrupting the thread, but I was just curious, as representations of schizophrenia are 99% of the time shallow or worse.
    It is the diagnosis he is thought to have at the beginning of the story, but the story dives into the complications of that. And whether it is accurate or not.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Series finale opener tonight.

Pretty impressive.

That said, there is an obvious "Comics Vs. Television..." bit that felt like it stuck it's face out tonight.

BANNED

It was interesting. It certainly seems like everything that happened at the end of last season was legit. I think it put to bed the conspiracy theories.

Guys this is Advanced Placement X-Men 202. This episode was fantastic.

In fact there isnt much TV or internet that plays at this level, this is for advanced viewers only.

Im going to get a D+, maybe i can get a C if im lucky and cram the night before the final.

BANNED

So I watched it tonight online.

spoilers:
    Was that Kari with the katana who David vaporized when the Division attacked during the first two time loops? It happened so fast and they never showed us her face.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Guys this is Advanced Placement X-Men 202. This episode was fantastic.

In fact there isnt much TV or internet that plays at this level, this is for advanced viewers only.

Im going to get a D+, maybe i can get a C if im lucky and cram the night before the final.
    Yes. Everything. I usually have to watch each episode multiple times. And it always pays off! Can Marvel/Disney get Noah Hawley (who also created and wrote the tv version of FARGO) to write and direct their next X-Men movie? And Harry Lloyd as Xavier is awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I watched it tonight online.

spoilers:
    Was that Kari with the katana who David vaporized when the Division attacked during the first two time loops? It happened so fast and they never showed us her face.
    end of spoilers
    It appeared to be, yes.

dang first episode was good...it woulda been a HUUUUGE fan wanna if the Time Traveler turned out to be Magik....I would. Have. Died.
    but Switch is cool like how they portray her using her powers+ she adds some diversity to the show kinda
    *rolleyes emoji* the black dudes a robot now

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    dang first episode was good...it woulda been a HUUUUGE fan wanna if the Time Traveler turned out to be Magik....I would. Have. Died.
    but Switch is cool like how they portray her using her powers+ she adds some diversity to the show kinda
    *rolleyes emoji* the black dudes a robot now
    I'm starting to wonder if that might not be how things actually go down.

That when things go sideways, it might not be how we have been lead to believe it would.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if that might not be how things actually go down.

That when things go sideways, it might not be how we have been lead to believe it would.
    20190627_075309.jpg
    dude ya lost me lol