Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
    Fantastic Member

Really enjoyed Legion!. S02 was especially trippy, but was still interesting/compelling. In fact, S02 may have been even better than S01, but it was also a lot more confusing & convoluted.

One of my favorite scenes of S02 was towards the end, when David was lip-synching?! The Who's Behind Blue Eyes, as he was heading to the final?! confrontation.

Legion S03 was incredible (but not as good as S01). Incredible, and an amazing finale to the series. Really enjoyed the convoluted (in a good way) time travel elements, the trippy & unusual visuals, the 1960's/1970's pop/rock songs & how they were incorporated into the scenes, etc.

Pink Floyd's The Wall is one of the best rock albums ever made/produced; the film of the same name (1982) was amazing as well. And, I liked how the iconic song Mother was used in S03, with David lip-synching?! to the song - very relevant to that particular scene. Among others, I also liked the use of Peter Gabriel's Games Without Frontiers; The Who's Happy Jack; A cover?! of Cinnamon Girl; cover(s) of (What's so Funny 'Bout) Peace Love and Understanding, etc.

Re: the visuals, too many interesting ones to mention, but I was especially impressed by:

-the way the 'opening' credits of each episode used different elements to show the word "Legion"
    -the kaleidoscope scenes/effects
    -the closing credits with the various colors, etc.

There was obviously a lot of creative & difficult work, effort, and also a lot of money put forth in producing this series. Kudos to everyone who worked on this. Legion was a true work of art, and I don't say that lightly.

I only wish that S02 - S03 will be put on Blu at some point. S01 was on Blu & looked great, but S02-S03 were only put on DVD-R - and both of these latter seasons could stand a lot of improvement re: PQ.

I will say that the DVD-R cover of S03 is definitely one of the best covers to a TV show/movie I've ever seen - truly amazing.

Though it's probably already been noted at some point, it's worth mentioning that the female character Sydney Barrett is obviously an "homage" to Syd Barrett, one of the early/founding members of the UK pop/rock group Pink Floyd. This goes along with the late 1960's/1970's-inspired fashion/hair & psychedelic/trippy vibe of the series.

It was a great and very creative show.

Sad that it did nothing for Legion in comics.

BANNED

Legion already had the single best solo series Marvel ever printed in 2013. What else can we ask for.

I stopped watching after Season 1 not because I didn't like it but because my roommate moved and I had no one to watch it with ( ).

After this useless piece of info, should I start again? I remember it was pretty good but pretty convoluted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I stopped watching after Season 1 not because I didn't like it but because my roommate moved and I had no one to watch it with ( ).

After this useless piece of info, should I start again? I remember it was pretty good but pretty convoluted.
    No we should watch together I forgot everything abt s1 and 2.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This show peaked at the psychic dance off.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    No we should watch together I forgot everything abt s1 and 2.
    Yeah I wanna watch it all now. I had almost forgotten about it but this thread picked up my curiosity again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This show peaked at the psychic dance off.
    They lost me after everyone suddenly decided to start listening to Farouk and David got painted as the bad guy in the Season 2 finale, and the double-standard between Syd and David.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Season 1 was the best.

Season 2 got waaaay too confusing but had an awesome ending

Season 3 was solid and had some great "action" scenes and otherwise pretty cool but the ending to it (and the series overall) for me was too straightforward and hence disappointing

Overall probably one of , if not THE most imaginative comic book based TV shows ever made
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY