Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Cool ending song too.

Amazing Member

Loved this show, very creative and fun to watch. Probably my #1 Comic TV show

edit:
    I'm of the opinion that the Equalizer and Peacemaker are mutants working for Division 3. Either X-Men Universe characters, or inspeired by X-Men Universe characters.

The whole ball warping Legion into it, I don't think thats Division 3. I think its something else. Mojo aint a bad guess, I don't know though
    Last edited by Judicata; 03-31-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Clearly Benny was always the Shadow King. We saw the Shadow King manifest to Amy as Lenny and as other forms too. So when the Shadow King wanted to appear to people outside of David, he certainly was able to do so. Syd remembered Lenny and she seems to have resistance to the Shadow King and be more aware when he's doing things, so I think maybe Lenny really was real and Syd really did accidentally kill her when she was in David's body.
    Oh, right! Thanks, I forgot about the fact that Amy saw all the faces of the Shadow King (or most of 'em at least) in their childhood home. Such a great episode.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Why does this gender thing keep coming up? It's a disembodied psionic entity that probably hasn't had a body in a couple hundred years. It appears as a woman or man to suit it's own whims and fulfill contract obligations. I'm glad they chose to go with Plaza instead of the guy they originally wanted to use. She really rocked her role. The show isn't nearly as entertaining without her.
    Because the gender thing is fun and a part of the show. It's an amazing show full of creativity and twists, including the Shadow King manifesting as whatever he wants to be, including when he wants to be female.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was a red herring meant to sort of show Melanie in over her head and being naively optimistic
    She wasn't naive. She just didn't know about the Shadow King. She thought he was a mutant who was just driven crazy by his emerging powers, and while some of that really was there obviously the Shadow King made things that much worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it does make sense that there was a real Lenny at Clockworks and the Shadow King just replaced Benny with Lenny in David's memories and started talking to David as his friend Lenny after she was killed.

Agreed. While Plaza does a great job (definitely fun to watch her do her work), it's irrelevant how SK appears to others because he's no longer got a body of his own. There's nothing overtly sexual in anything Shadow King does because he cares more about exerting power over others than real human connection, so why does it matter what gender he appears to others as?
    The Shadow King uses sexuality in order to manipulate and control people. Whether he appears at female or male, some of the stuff he does has innuendos of sexually assault. She had David trapped in the chair while as Lenny she gave him a lap dance and made motions like she was going to go down on him. Then as the hideous Shadow King he was basically on top of David when he couldn't move. Look at his interactions in both male and female guises with Amy and with Syd. Sexual assault innuendo is implied, but the Shadow King is essentially a DEMON so what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The Shadow King uses sexuality in order to manipulate and control people. Whether he appears at female or male, some of the stuff he does has innuendos of sexually assault. She had David trapped in the chair while as Lenny she gave him a lap dance and made motions like she was going to go down on him. Then as the hideous Shadow King he was basically on top of David when he couldn't move. Look at his interactions in both male and female guises with Amy and with Syd. Sexual assault innuendo is implied, but the Shadow King is essentially a DEMON so what do you expect?
    Right, I thought about that, but sexual assault is about power not sex (wow, there's a powder keg I didn't want to open).
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Pretty boring episode for the first half hour or so. The slo-mo was a little overdone when the action did pick up as well. I don't get why Kerry just stood there and let herself get touched.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Why does this gender thing keep coming up? It's a disembodied psionic entity that probably hasn't had a body in a couple hundred years. It appears as a woman or man to suit it's own whims and fulfill contract obligations. I'm glad they chose to go with Plaza instead of the guy they originally wanted to use. She really rocked her role. The show isn't nearly as entertaining without her.
    He was Ahmad Farouk 30 years ago, and they haven't indicated that he was just a host.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Can someone help me out. Was Lenny ever real? I personally feel that Lenny was real, as we see her in Clockworks and people interact with her whereas no-one but David and Syd could see and interact with Shadow King (unless others were in David's mind) Also her dead body was found and her personality was wildly different when in the real world. I've just assumed Shadow King liked to take her form to torment David.
    Clockworks-Lenny seems to be real because the Syd and the doctors at the facility seemed to suggest she was. I don't remember if David's ex specified that she met Benny in person.
    Agreed. While Plaza does a great job (definitely fun to watch her do her work), it's irrelevant how SK appears to others because he's no longer got a body of his own. There's nothing overtly sexual in anything Shadow King does because he cares more about exerting power over others than real human connection, so why does it matter what gender he appears to others as?
    I would agree that SK's primary concern is power, but "nothing overtly sexual"? Not the sexy rubbing and dancing? Not the constant sexual references? It'd be fairer to say SK uses overt sexual language and behavior to assert power.

What I'm wondering is how the show itself justifies SK being so attached to Lenny's form. Aubrey's excellent, but if SK can look like anything or anybody, and it now exists outside of David's life for the time being, why should it still look like Lenny?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    I would agree that SK's primary concern is power, but "nothing overtly sexual"? Not the sexy rubbing and dancing? Not the constant sexual references? It'd be fairer to say SK uses overt sexual language and behavior to assert power.
    Nope, not at all. SK does and says things that might be seen in normal circumstances being done by a normal human as overtly sexual, but I think everything's lost its sexual meaning at this point for SK, after hundreds/thousands of years... at this point all that matters and all he thinks about is power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    What I'm wondering is how the show itself justifies SK being so attached to Lenny's form. Aubrey's excellent, but if SK can look like anything or anybody, and it now exists outside of David's life for the time being, why should it still look like Lenny?
    Especially considering how sexist Farouk seems to be (eh, he's a villain and a product of his very old times), lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Shadow King appears as Lenny because Aubrey Plaza was great in the role, and it's a visual cue recognizable to the audience.

Article:
    http://www.cbr.com/legion-finale-pos...cene-season-2/

Yeah, I hope to see more of Interrogator/Clark (the burned government guy), too. It kind of seemed like he had some humanity/empathy for David in the beginning, then it was metaphorically burned out of him when he was physically burned ("I'm going to war. / Kill the others."), then Syd & David helped him get it back.

As for the Pokeball (Mutants: Gotta catch 'em all!), I think most people not familiar with comics are going to assume that's the Equinox that Division 3 ordered to be launched.

Of course, they also mentioned something about launching a peacemaker which -- as it turns out -- fortunately didn't happen. Because I think that's a peacekeeper missile that would've wiped out all of Summerland...? I dunno. I was expecting to either see Summerland scorched with everyone except for David dying ~OR~ David somehow stopping the missile / exploding it prematurely... but nothing came of that, so I guess Clark had it cancelled, if such a thing was ever going to happen.

In any case, it sure seems like SOMEBODY's got access to some pretty advanced technology. Considering how antiquated most of the technology Division 3 seemed (aside from the eye cam used in this episode), maybe it wasn't Division 3. Some here have been saying Mojo... I gotta say it'd be pretty neat to see David compete in Mojoworld. And of course to see Mojo himself in live-action.

I'm good with a Mojo appearance in this series. It will be my 2nd season in a row guessing Mojo lol. But it'd actually make some sense for this coming season. Powerful mutant reveals himself, Mojo becomes aware, and wants to use him for his televised competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    I'm good with a Mojo appearance in this series. It will be my 2nd season in a row guessing Mojo lol. But it'd actually make some sense for this coming season. Powerful mutant reveals himself, Mojo becomes aware, and wants to use him for his televised competition.
    Just bring on Longshot finally after all these years. That would be so fantastic!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

that pink floyd part was trully one of its kind, and wtf the post credit scene, lol
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Just bring on Longshot finally after all these years. That would be so fantastic!
    Hah, I have to admit, seeing the most '80s-tastic mutants in this series set *roughly* in the '80s would be fun! Bring on Dazzler!
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

Hah, I have to admit, seeing the most '80s-tastic mutants in this series set *roughly* in the '80s would be fun! Bring on Dazzler!
    We don't know when the series is set, as there's some modern references in there that could place it in the middle/late-2000s and into the 2010s. Hell, we don't even know WHERE it's set. There's been a number of right-hand drive cars, which are very uncommon in the US.