Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One perfectly selected musical number, and they just trumped everything the other live action "X" series/films have done or ever will do.
    It was fine, Aubrey Plaza's musical number to "Feeling Good" will always be number one for me. That episode was a master class.

This one was ok for me.

I liked seeing Melanie and Oliver return. Syd growing up in that weird alternate dimension was one of the cool things I like about this show.

This is easily as good as any live action "X" IP will ever get.

They should seriously consider just leaving well enough alone after next week.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I really enjoyed this episode. Don't want to spoil anything, so all i got to say is the multiple interactions between the main players was layered well.I get a vibe of the decision to go back in time and eliminate a future threat was fleshed out well among varies perspectives. One thing that sticks out to me is the prominent role Prof. X has had in this series, previously in seasons 1 and 2 he was hinted at, but seemed that he would not be as big as a factor as he is now. Not that i'm complaining. Great episode.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This season's been great so far. They really turned things around, and have a much more focused direction for the show. Can't wait to see how things end.

Series Final Promo

BANNED

I hope the show ends on a high note and the last two episodes have felt like the first season again.

Why this show got away from the Shadow King as a villain and all the potential it brings has proven to be the biggest mistake. Every time our wonderful Mr. Negahban is on screen is a delight. I feel like, at the end, we'll feel we lost out on so much more by shifting away from his villainy for the better part of a season and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    One thing that sticks out to me is the prominent role Prof. X has had in this series, previously in seasons 1 and 2 he was hinted at, but seemed that he would not be as big as a factor as he is now. Not that i'm complaining. Great episode.
    I guess they wanted to build up David and their original characters rather than have a huge well known X-Men character steal the spotlight. And it works super well, too, because we finally have David getting the chance to meet him and play off him in the last couple episodes.

The final episode in 30 minutes, and I guess you could say, the final FOX X-Men hour. (Although not quite, since it was a collaboration between FOX X-Men producers and Marvel's TV producers.)

Just read an article on the CBR front page that Jeph Loeb says, Noah Hawley and LEGION and the LEGION universe are welcome back to FX at any time! Hawley is doing another season of FARGO though, so he probably doesn't have the time. A Harry Lloyd "Charles Xavier" would be amazing on FOX or Hulu or in a Marvel Studios X-Men film! But every actor in this show has been fantastic!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Final episode is off to a powerful start.

Well done, FOX and Marvel, well done. The ending was beautifully written, a mix of the unexpected and satisfying. The show leaves us with a big sign-post pointing: "X-Men ahead." (Of course, it won't ever be followed up on unless Marvel Television is allowed to use the X-MEN by Marvel Studios.)

The entire Season 3 stayed true to it's "head trip" summer of love theme. The song "Mother" from THE WALL by Pink Floyd/Roger Waters (who spent so many years battling mental illness) was effing perfect. The finale leaves me feeling frustrated, sad, satisfied, amazed, impressed. Switch's journey was the stuff of high-concept science fiction, and was tragic, uplifting, transcendent all at one time.

Removing SPOILER tags but there are SPOILERS below if you haven't watched the episode yet.

I guess everyone will fade away back to the points were they were born? It's not clear that Kerry and Cary will relive their lives as well. It's all back to a point where David is a baby, Charles Xavier comes home, and says he'll be a teacher instead of a world-traveler looking for other mutants. Syd is younger than David, but what about Kerry? Does she go back to her childhood? The cool thing is, I think they will all meet again. But instead of a group of deeply scarred, mentally unstable young people working for weird-ass Oliver's institute, they'll all be entrusted to the mutant teacher Professor Xavier so they can learn how to use their powers, including his own son David.

In the Marvel Television Universe David becomes David Xavier, no longer Haller. There are no more Hallers in his life because he won't be adopted.

Were Cary and Kerry always twins and the same age? Did Kerry get her youth by drawing Cary's energy?

I thought this episode was both sophisticated and comic-booky; I was moved by Switch's reunion with he rfather, but it was a jolt when she became a 4th-dimensional being and looked over to see her human body dead. I thought her story was tragic but elevating. David used her, her father only interacted on a tv screen. She gave her human life trying to do what David wanted, but in the end she was reunited with her father and we could see *why* he was on the tv screen while she was still a 3-dimensional human, and why she had to go through that humiliating process of being used. It was all her destiny, her path toward her higher self being born.

Presumably Lenny will get a chance to repeat as well, but I wonder if she will fare better or worse, without David showing up in the mental hospital.

Final thought--reviewers seem to be hung up on Farouk making peace with Xavier and David, his younger self giving in so easily. Am I the only one who thought, Oh hell no, the Shadow King hasn't reformed. Farouk has always played a very long game; he realized that this act was over, David and Xavier were going to win, and it was better to let things proceed along the rebirth trajectory.
    Last edited by Rivka; 08-13-2019 at 11:03 AM.

When it comes to Cary/Kerry, I was always under the impression that however they were born, it was at the same time.

In my head, they each aged as they were outside while the one that was "Inside..." did not. Chalked it up to one of them having been outside for a lot more time than the other.

BANNED

I dont think I liked that ending. I have to chew on it though.

I can see that ending not really being for everyone.

That said, an optimistic spin on an "X" ending was a worthwhile way to go.

BANNED

Yeah, I didnt like it. Too neat and tidy. Farouk too angelic at the end.

The narrative disaster of the second season hurt this show beyond repair. I sorta wish I wouldve stopped after the brilliant first season. (Though Negahban was freaking fantastic. What a waste of perfection in an actor/character combo)