Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Really dug this last episode... still got a nagging feeling everything we're seeing isnt real, but the show is rock solid. Very cinematic. Something tells me outside of being able to touch in David's mind, when he and Sydney finally get to sleep together, their going to feel like what it's like from other side... if you get what I mean. The show has such an out-of-body-psychedelic narrative, that would actually fit in well. I think the dock scene foreshadowed as much.
    It really is different. And I like the experience so far.

Really different?

it was frightening! Creepy fat-man monster, creepy "Worlds angriest boy"...

Anyone else really interested in the character of Kerry? I know nothing about her and I'm intrigued by her. At first, I thought she was a pyrokinetic because there's no way Syd, Ptonomy or David created the explosion when David was escaping, but all she's been doing lately is fight training. And THEN we find out she's part of someone else?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Episode 3 fries your brains in a pan, and then serves it back up in a nice batter of David's scariest memories.

There was a TV set showing one of his memories, which looked like a stretched canvas held up by straps, like some roughly constructed structure. I can't help but going back to Mojo, with all the crazy TV screens thrown every which way. But then again, this is definitely looking like a much different villain. It's still too hard to tell.
    Yeah that scene is another instance of me leaning towards Mojo world involvement. It seems like Division 3 could have Mojo ties and the yellow eyed demon is a seperate problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Anyone else really interested in the character of Kerry? I know nothing about her and I'm intrigued by her. At first, I thought she was a pyrokinetic because there's no way Syd, Ptonomy or David created the explosion when David was escaping, but all she's been doing lately is fight training. And THEN we find out she's part of someone else?
    She is a interesting mystery at the moment. I', intrigued with her connection to the doctor that is testing David's powers. They both are named a variation of Kerry. Also in the first episode at the end when they rescue David from the pool her and Ptonomy for a second change into 2 clockworks patients, before reappearing as themselves. I hope we get more of her story.

She is an aspect of the doctor, i saw her merge into him when they were testing David

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    She is an aspect of the doctor, i saw her merge into him when they were testing David
    Yeah i noticed that, can't wait to see more about their connection.

Wow! Chapter 3 was great! It had excitement, mystery, horror and it fleshed things out quite a bit for the audience. Now I'm more convinced than ever that all the characters in this "Mutant Underground" are real. But I still think that Lenny might be a figment of David's imagination. And I'm certain that the Fat Bastard is some terrifying personality of David's and not Shadow King or Mojo or anythign like that. WHich I'm actually fine with and I probably prefer it that way. However, it reminds me of how far removed this show is from anything X-Men related. While I was watchign this episode I didn't even remember that this is supposed to be based on X-Men comics. I was reminded when Dr. Bird called David the most powerful mutant ever. That's when I went "Oh yeah, this is supposed to take place in A Marvel Universe!". Certainly could have fooled me. Don't get me wrong I'm not waiting to get some connections to the FoX-Men movies as I'm not the biggest fan of those and I'm more than happy to see this show to do its own thing separate from that universe. But I just wish we could have some nods to the fact that this character is supposed to be David Haller and these are supposed to be mutants. As this show stands now and the way its developing I don't see ANY reason for this character to be called David Haller or these powered people being called mutants. THis feels like a completely original show with only slight homages to X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yeah that scene is another instance of me leaning towards Mojo world involvement. It seems like Division 3 could have Mojo ties and the yellow eyed demon is a seperate problem.
    Which character projects images like that on screens to watch what others are doing - and like a TV show? I know the show is probably purposely throwing people off, but wow! Could they force to the Mojo side any more than this?

This could be when mutants are just discovered. Before Xavier.

So how is David here? Its pretty clear we have a 60's/70's vibe.

Could it be he is in a coma, in the present time, and to survive, he has projected himself to the past?

This episode actually managed to scare me a little. Not ashamed to admit.

Worlds angriest boy is nightmare fuel. Lol

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Could it be he is in a coma, in the present time, and to survive, he has projected himself to the past?
    It does have a retro vibe, but a lot of the cars are late models as well as a lot of the technology. One of the reasons I'm not sure all of this is really real. Some of it may be part of an elaborate construct whipped up by David's mind.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

As someone said before, I think the time period is intentionally vague, like Gotham tv show.

The showrunners themselves have said that Legion takes place in a parallel universe to the movies, I think we should stop trying to make connection to the movies until some concrete clue comes along.

I am loving this show. Each episode is better than the next. For me, the best comic-to-tv adaptation yet.