Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Which character projects images like that on screens to watch what others are doing - and like a TV show? I know the show is probably purposely throwing people off, but wow! Could they force to the Mojo side any more than this?

Yes if Mojo is not involved they damn sure put some good red herrings out there. I think he is involved someway it's just to many coincidences like that.

I also want to add that the X-force volume written by Si Spurrier had a organization called The Yellow Eye that was spying on every mutant on the planet.Turns out Yellow eye was Mojo the whole time in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Yes if Mojo is not involved they damn sure put some good red herrings out there. I think he is involved someway it's just to many coincidences like that.

I also want to add that the X-force volume written by Si Spurrier had a organization called The Yellow Eye that was spying on every mutant on the planet.Turns out Yellow eye was Mojo the whole time in the series.
    HOLY SUGAR! I didn't know that. Great call-out.

Checked first 3 episodes.
    It is really good!

So we have seen The Eye carve a wolf looking creature out of the wooden block he had. Also the start of chapter 2 the narrator states that wolves are at their heels or something like that, then whatever it is in that cage that could be wolf like. I was thinking about Mojo connections and remembered the Warwolves.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As someone said before, I think the time period is intentionally vague, like Gotham tv show.

The showrunners themselves have said that Legion takes place in a parallel universe to the movies, I think we should stop trying to make connection to the movies until some concrete clue comes along.
    bryan singer said it was part of x-men cinematic universe, but it doesn't make sense.

I like the retro vibe, it gives the series a noir aesthetic.

last episode was great and I was terrified of the nightmares, very well done

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I've really been enjoying the show so far. Probably the only comic based tv show that I'll follow past the initial novelty of the first few episodes.

The difference in how characters are styled is, I think, a clue as to what is and isn't real. Things and people that look 60s inspired are either false memories or delusions, not necessarily outright fake, but not in reality how David is perceiving them/ how they are being presented to us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    bryan singer said it was part of x-men cinematic universe, but it doesn't make sense.

There's a couple ways I can see it working:

1) The series aesthetic seems to strongly suggest a middle/late-70s setting. So mutants have been revealed, but are only just starting to become common knowledge among the general public. Furthermore, David had been at Clockworks for 6 years before the series began, which may have put his original incarceration BEFORE mutants were revealed to the world. Thus why David's and Syd's powers being misidentified as psychoses. The Divisions were created in response to mutant involvement during the Cuban Missile Crisis by the handful of security experts who were aware of their existence prior to 1973. The inconsistencies, anachronisms, and departures from the films are a result of David's skewed perceptions and mental instabilities, and we, the audience, see it because the story is being told through David's eyes.

2) The entire series takes place in David's head. He's actually tucked away somewhere at the Xavier School or Clockworks, and all the inconsistencies, anachronisms, and departures from the films are the product of David's unstable mind creating a fragmentary reality for himself by drawing elements from both the pre- and post-Days of Future Past time periods. All of the show's characters are David's multiple personalities that, like in the book, each have their own power.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

wow the last episode was amazing, starting to feel bad for david
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I think the Worlds Angriest Boy in the world may be the reason this gif was created.

Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    I think the Worlds Angriest Boy in the world may be the reason this gif was created.

I think what makes it so effective is that on the surface, the WABitW SHOULD be incredibly goofy; it's just a guy with an absurdly big head, yet somehow it manages to be even creepier and MORE disturbing than the Devil With Yellow Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Bryan Singer was talking about the other not yer titled X-Men tv show, not Legion.

Really liking it, so far. David and Sydney are adorable together.

This episode David takes a trip to the Astral plane and meets a annoying Beatnik. Loved the reveal of the Kerry/Cary connection. David's doctor screaming i'm real made me chuckle. King isn't real, unsettling he is named King. Possible Shadow King connection.Lenny/Benny is starting to creep me out. Multiple Angriest boy in the world sightings. Syd and the Eye make contact.We saw a couple of T.V. sets peering into "the real world. I like when Syd and Ptonomy were in the doctors office she asks how do we know if we are not in David's mind right now. Great question, but the one inquiring minds wanna know is what did the stars tell David?

This was such a good episode for explanations, most of which I think confirm Shadow Kings existence.

. Kerry and Cary share a body. Actually a really interesting concept. Cary is the brains while Kerry is the brawn, also Kerry doesn't age unless she is outside of Cary. I hope neither of them die
    . When Amy mentioned the fact that they didn't have a dog but his name was King, I instantly thought of the Shadow King
    . The Astral Plane looks good. I wonder why Yellow Eyed Fat Man couldn't reach them. Maybe Oliver is a very strong psychic as well? Oliver is an interesting character and can't wait to see what he'll get up to or if his body will de-freeze.
    . When Lenny showed up on the Astral Plane, I had a feeling that she was the Shadow King in disguise pretty quickly or at least something that's not to be believed, especially since she was acting pretty strangely, even for her standards. She has "Other things to do" Hmmmm maybe for some reason she can't escape his mind? And then when his hand showed up at the end with Lenny's face, I think it was pretty solid to believe it.
    . I want to know why The Eyes power is next episode and what effect it has on Ptonomy

I have no doubts that Shadow King will appear at some point.

BANNED

Wow, this episode was a TRIP.

Regarding Lenny/Benny, the whole idea is troublesome because Syd made it clear she saw LENNY. I don't recall them actually speaking in the pilot, but she did say she remembered killing her. So I can't help but wonder if there's more to this than the surface impression gives. ESPECIALLY because the two people to mention that it was a man are for various reasons not the most trustworthy (the ex was clearly under SOME sort of duress, based on the "they're watching" she whispered to Syd and Ptonomy on their way out, and the other was The Eye).

I think The Eye has some sort of psychic ability; he was able to put Ptonomy to sleep, and disguise himself from him and Syd.

I'm still wondering how exactly Kerry and Cary work. Her dialogue made it sound like she was born first, and Cary came along later, but then it seemed like Cary didn't know about her at all until he was about 8 years old. I may have to rewatch that scene, because it wasn't very clear.