Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

This show is great. I don't understand the people who say they are giving up because they don't know what's going on. I think that is the point and what makes it so damn entertaining. I like trying to have to figure out what's actually going on. Makes for very fun talks with friends and co-workers who also are watching.

BANNED

Holy ****. This show just keeps going more and more off the rails, and I love every @$%ing SECOND of it!

Yeah another WTF episode which is what I love about this show. I get why some people don't like the show because it really is out there but at the same time, it really makes me ponder what it's like to be mentally ill and not have grip on reality. Imagine not being able to tell what is real and what is not real and this confusing kaleidoscope of the real world and the world inside your head is how some people actually experience the world.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Chaaaaaaaaarles!

What a fantastic episode. Reality hidden behind a facade. If you listen to the show with a headset and catch all the background voices (had to watch the show on my ipad while the family slept), you hear all sorts of chatter. To include a few times there was a play on the 'Hey Alexa' tagline. But you hear many conversations going on, like people trapped. It's a part of the show I may have been missing without the headset.

As has been pointed out, the soundtrack on this show is also spectacular. That song used on Syd to put her back into a trance was haunting.

And that end soundtrack turns out to be a cover of a Bowie song...

"Lookout for the homo-superior!"

What a line.

Wake up you sleepy head
    Put on some clothes, get out of bed
    Put another log on the fire for me
    I've made some breakfast and coffee
    Look out my window and what do I see
    A crack in the sky
    and a hand reaching down to me
    All the nightmares came today
    And it looks as though they're
    here to stay

What are we coming to
    No room for me, no fun for you
    I think about a world to come
    Where the books were found by the Golden ones
    Written in pain, written in awe
    By a puzzled man who questioned
    What we came here for
    All the strangers came today
    And it looks as though they're here to stay

Oh You Pretty Things
    Don't you know you're driving your
    Mamas and Papas insane
    Oh You Pretty Things
    Mamas and Papas insane
    Let me make it plain
    You gotta make way for the Homo Superior

Look at your children
    See their faces in golden rays
    Don't kid yourself they belong to you
    They're the start of a coming race
    The earth is a bitch
    We've finished our news
    Homo Sapiens have outgrown their use
    All the strangers came today
    And it looks as though they're here to stay

Oh You Pretty Things
    Mamas and Papas insane
    Oh You Pretty Things
    Mamas and Papas insane
    Let me say it again
    You gotta make way for the Homo Superior
    Last edited by Killercroc357; 03-16-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This episode was bizarre.I like that it was able to touch on his mental issues.That Lenny dance routine was fire kinda reminded me of the old 007 opening music sequences

God lord this show is great. I don't think I can say enough good things about it

. I love how this episode reflected aspects of the first episode by with Syd in Davids place.
    . What I also loved was when Syd was talking to David about how she doesn't like to be touched, but David was saying something different, the music was getting more and more distorted. It's small touches like this that makes this show amazing for me.
    . I'm loving the work of the costumer designers, lighting, production etc. basically everyone involved with the look of the show. I love the subtle hints of red colours across the episodes, signifying Shadow King himself.
    . I'm glad we got a mention of Xavier from SK. How he knew him just like in the comics etc. Hoping we get more mentions and connections.
    . Bloody hell I love Aubrey Plaza. Whether SK stays around after the series, I really hope they find a way to keep her on.
    . Do we think Syd is going to get saved from the bullets? The Melanie scene made me think there's going to be a way to save her but I'm not too sure they can.
    . I am so looking forward to the final episode and seeing how everything goes down.

I hope that when/if season 2 comes around, we keep the same stylistic aspects.

Is official, they namedroped Shadow king.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aws9xuOQRs

BANNED

Subtle detail I noticed in both this episode and the pilot:

When Syd/David comes into David/Syd's room to spend the night, both times the scene is framed so that you're looking at the doorway from under the bed. However even though the door opens and closes, YOU NEVER SEE ANYONE ENTER, even though had someone actually stepped into the room their feet should have been clearly visible in the shot. Yet when the camera pans up we see Syd/David standing inside the room.

This moment more than anything makes me question whether any of this is really happening, or if the entire series has been in David's head from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Subtle detail I noticed in both this episode and the pilot:

When Syd/David comes into David/Syd's room to spend the night, both times the scene is framed so that you're looking at the doorway from under the bed. However even though the door opens and closes, YOU NEVER SEE ANYONE ENTER, even though had someone actually stepped into the room their feet should have been clearly visible in the shot. Yet when the camera pans up we see Syd/David standing inside the room.

This moment more than anything makes me question whether any of this is really happening, or if the entire series has been in David's head from the start.
    Amen!

I thought it was just me missing something when I watched the door open, but no feet showing. Thank you!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Notice all the resistance members had on red shirts? Ptonomy, Melanie, The Eye, etc. All showing a lot. And the more they started to wake up, the less red was showing? It's like red represented who SK had more influence over. There's always a touch of "red" somewhere in the room they are in. I think the only time it's not present is when you see none. Like how David's sister had none (no red) and wouldn't let him eat the pie (red), then Sidney tried to eat it and the bugs appeared and stopped her. There was an outside force trying to stop them. Like the sound of beating on the door in the hall. That was rhythmic​, beats, music. The beatnik poet. The husband trapped in the astral plane trying to help them out. The door had pure white light coming from under it.

Look at "the eye" / "the perm" whatever you call him starts stalking and hunting Kerry, who has no red on at all. And then when Melanie Bird breaks through the wall outside of the illusion, she has no more red on, pure white like in the real world

And that's official, right? It's the freakin Shadow King. "I knew your dad, ya know". Anyone want a lap dance from Aubrey Plaza.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-16-2017 at 08:14 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.