Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    As much as I don't want them to because of how great the ending to his character was... yeah they probably should. Lots of fans of the show wonder "which Legion comics to read" and it's tough telling them those don't quite exist
    Sure they do. X-Men: Legacy. A whole run by Si Spurrier and a couple dozen in Carey's run.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

This episode blew all the other episodes away. Just WOW.

Its been a long time since I've seen such an amazing PAYOFF.

I thought the previous 3-4 episodes were lackluster, but HOLY Smokes that was an impressive episode.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Lack... luster? I guess you can't make everybody happy. To each their own.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So... How long before Marvel resurrects Legion in the comics because of this show?
    I am surprised they hadn't done it already.
    Bring back Spurrier

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

last episode was just nuts
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    last episode was just nuts
    Chapter 6 was off the rails. Chapter 7 pulled up the tracks and tied them into knots.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i cant find a appreciation post for charles xavier aka professor x
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

So... How long before Marvel resurrects Legion in the comics because of this show?
    By next year if not before!

I wonder will we see the Shadow King as a woman now? I bet we will, because of Audrey's performance.

Well!

-Pav, who didn't expect that...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Any thoughts on all the canine symbolism with the government groups?

Absolutely lived up to my expectations, this show is amazing. And retro-Aubrey Plaza + Jemaine Clement already has me excited.

All-New Member

I really loved it, especially the end scene because it kind of gave me Mojo vibes!! Also, the battle scene between David and Kerry/Shadow King was AMAZING but way too short!! I'm already counting down to the next season, 😬😬!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HispaNerd View Post
    I really loved it, especially the end scene because it kind of gave me Mojo vibes!! Also, the battle scene between David and Kerry/Shadow King was AMAZING but way too short!! I'm already counting down to the next season, 😬😬!!
    Yes. As I took it, David knocked the Shadow King out of Kerry in the fight, and he/she/it fled into Oliver.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

It was good, but I was kind of expecting more out of the finale after they had those fantastic episodes of David breaking out his sister and inside David's childhood home.

I expected more showy use of David's reality-warping powers during the final battle and for the Shadow King to have actually killed Melanie when SK-Kerry pointed at her and went "Click, click... Bang!"

Also, was the "they charge at each other, then go boom" scene an indicator that Kerry does have energy powers and was in fact the pyrokinetic that flash-fried all those men at the pool? Or was SK-Kerry just manifesting Shadow King's telekinetic abilities?

Because I always assumed it was Kerry who had gone nuclear at the pool (as soon as we learned Ptolemy, the only other mutant there besides Syd and David, was a "memory artist"), but then she didn't really ever show those powers again.

So then I started thinking "All the Summerland mutants being alternate personalities of David manifested into reality and busting him out of the pool situation is the only other explanation" with the pyrokinetic in fact being David himself -- he just didn't know it because it was a different personality using the power.

Let's not forget that Lenny/Benny seems to be able to manifest himself when he's inside David such that other people can see and interact with him in the real world, after all. So if Lenny was using that power to appear as a man "who smiled, but never with his eyes" as David's old girlfriend put it, couldn't David use it to manifest his personalities in the real world as people that others can see and interact with?

I know it's a pretty crazy theory -- and I'm not willing to believe it just yet -- but it's a pretty crazy show, after all.

Overall, now that we're at the end of Season 1, I'm still just not sure of anything on this show, in contrast to... say... "Mr. Robot." Because even though we've got Unreliable Narrator Syndrome there, too... Spoiler Alert:

spoilers:
    ...at least at the end of Season 1 you were sure that most of the characters were real people. Maybe a little less sure by the end of Season 2, but we're only at the end of Season 1 of "Legion" here, so Season 2 doesn't matter if we're trying to compare apples to other very oddly shaped apples.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-29-2017 at 11:31 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Wow. This has been the best Marvel TV show and ironically half of it belongs to Fox. Everything about this show has been excellent.
    I hope this means Aubrey Plaza is staying on for S2 and still partly playing Shadow King and OMG that ending stinger.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

I will give it a month at least.