Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

The finale wasnt the best episode but it also wasn't bad. It was good, but not what I was hoping for.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

What a great finale! I very much enjoyed everything about it.

Sorry, but I am going to make a Mojo guess again. It just felt like it fit the stories of whooshing someone away with little technical devices. Though I bet it turns out to be something to do with the Shi'ar Empire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    Can someone help me out. Was Lenny ever real? I personally feel that Lenny was real, as we see her in Clockworks and people interact with her whereas no-one but David and Syd could see and interact with Shadow King (unless others were in David's mind) Also her dead body was found and her personality was wildly different when in the real world. I've just assumed Shadow King liked to take her form to torment David.
    That's my take on it, too. There actually WAS a Lenny at Clockworks, who David befriended, and was accidentally killed when he and Syd switched bodies. The Shadow King then began using her form to interact with David, while altering his memories of before Clockworks to replace Benny with Lenny.

I think BOTH Benny and Lenny were real, as people other than David interacted with them in the real world. That appears to be significant, as IIRC only David (and later Syd, because of the lingering connection from the body-swap) could see the actual manifestations of the Shadow King, such as Amy being unable to see King the dog.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

In the episode they call back the Peacemaker it was never launched however they do launch Equinox. That's why it is very plausible indeed Equinox from D3 = the Orb/Drone which sucked up David. And yeah I think that's a terrible twist which makes no sense.

It was a good episode but not great my main fear is I don't want them recycling the exact same plot and villian for season 2. WHere are David's personalities btw????
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member

If the little drone thing was D3, why the heck didn't they use it earlier.

Finale was as a bit of a let down, too 'conventional' I guess. Big thanks explosion, slo mo fight, bad guy defeated, but manages to slip away at the last minute. And I would have thought SK would have kept Syd for longer, she'd be ultimate human shield against David.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    If the little drone thing was D3, why the heck didn't they use it earlier.

Finale was as a bit of a let down, too 'conventional' I guess. Big thanks explosion, slo mo fight, bad guy defeated, but manages to slip away at the last minute. And I would have thought SK would have kept Syd for longer, she'd be ultimate human shield against David.
    Good question as to why they didn't just use it right away. I agree that makes no sense at all. Not to mention the technology seems far too advanced. But it appears quite likely it was sent by D3. Of course now that Interrogator likes David and wants to help him maybe D3 will just let him go right away lol? Shittiest twist ever if that's true

I did enjoy this episode just to be clear and I LOVE the show overall

OBEY

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    WHere are David's personalities btw????
    Didn't Melanie establish that David doesn't have multiple personality disorder in the show, that it was just because of his powers/telepathy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Poor Jemaine.

I actually want to see Melanie Bird and Ptonomy in the comics before the others. But I'd be fine with any of them, they're all interesting enough.

And I especially want the next version of the Shadow King to appear to be Aubrey Plaza. Shadow QUEEN. <3
    That would ROCK. Really in SW, the Shadow King possessed Cassandra Nova so we already have had them do one version of the Shadow Queen. Now in the comics all them have to do his make him an attractive woman like Aubrey.

BANNED

I could be wrong ,but I also didn't think D-3 was responsible for the orb. With the power levels David is manifesting, I don't they have the ability to even capture him, and definitely not contain him for any length of time. I think they would have tried to kill him. Also the end scene made it seem like some time had elapsed as well. I think the orb is a whole different matter.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eason-2-989162

The desire to evolve the show makes me think the orb is an entirely different threat. The Shadow King went from being an internal foe to an external foe, so I think whoever's behind the orb will be different from D-3. I'm hoping they have the corporate conversation, and that they bring Xavier into the show.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Why does this gender thing keep coming up? It's a disembodied psionic entity that probably hasn't had a body in a couple hundred years. It appears as a woman or man to suit it's own whims and fulfill contract obligations. I'm glad they chose to go with Plaza instead of the guy they originally wanted to use. She really rocked her role. The show isn't nearly as entertaining without her.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That's my take on it, too. There actually WAS a Lenny at Clockworks, who David befriended, and was accidentally killed when he and Syd switched bodies. The Shadow King then began using her form to interact with David, while altering his memories of before Clockworks to replace Benny with Lenny.

I think BOTH Benny and Lenny were real, as people other than David interacted with them in the real world. That appears to be significant, as IIRC only David (and later Syd, because of the lingering connection from the body-swap) could see the actual manifestations of the Shadow King, such as Amy being unable to see King the dog.
    The more I think about it, the more it does make sense that there was a real Lenny at Clockworks and the Shadow King just replaced Benny with Lenny in David's memories and started talking to David as his friend Lenny after she was killed.

But I disagree that Benny was ever real... I think he was a manifestation of the Shadow King that others were able to see and interact with thanks to David's power.

But I could be wrong. The only point they really drove home was that the Shadow King had appeared as King, the Angriest Boy, Demon with Yellow Eyes, Benny, and Lenny at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Why does this gender thing keep coming up? It's a disembodied psionic entity that probably hasn't had a body in a couple hundred years. It appears as a woman or man to suit it's own whims and fulfill contract obligations. I'm glad they chose to go with Plaza instead of the guy they originally wanted to use. She really rocked her role. The show isn't nearly as entertaining without her.
    Agreed. While Plaza does a great job (definitely fun to watch her do her work), it's irrelevant how SK appears to others because he's no longer got a body of his own. There's nothing overtly sexual in anything Shadow King does because he cares more about exerting power over others than real human connection, so why does it matter what gender he appears to others as?
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-30-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it does make sense that there was a real Lenny at Clockworks and the Shadow King just replaced Benny with Lenny in David's memories and started talking to David as his friend Lenny after she was killed.

But I disagree that Benny was ever real... I think he was a manifestation of the Shadow King that others were able to see and interact with thanks to David's power.

But I could be wrong. The only point they really drove home was that the Shadow King had appeared as King, the Angriest Boy, Demon with Yellow Eyes, Benny, and Lenny at some point.

Agreed. While Plaza does a great job (definitely fun to watch her do her work), it's irrelevant how SK appears to others because he's no longer got a body of his own. There's nothing overtly sexual in anything Shadow King does because he cares more about exerting power over others than real human connection, so why does it matter what gender he appears to others as?
    Clearly Benny was always the Shadow King. We saw the Shadow King manifest to Amy as Lenny and as other forms too. So when the Shadow King wanted to appear to people outside of David, he certainly was able to do so. Syd remembered Lenny and she seems to have resistance to the Shadow King and be more aware when he's doing things, so I think maybe Lenny really was real and Syd really did accidentally kill her when she was in David's body.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't think Lenny in the mental hospital was the Shadow King manifesting himself - just that Lenny was a real person there that the Shadow King adopted after his death and then rewrote his memories to replace Benny earlier.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Didn't Melanie establish that David doesn't have multiple personality disorder in the show, that it was just because of his powers/telepathy?
    I'm pretty sure that was a red herring meant to sort of show Melanie in over her head and being naively optimistic

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Article:
    http://www.cbr.com/legion-finale-pos...cene-season-2/

Yeah, I hope to see more of Interrogator/Clark (the burned government guy), too. It kind of seemed like he had some humanity/empathy for David in the beginning, then it was metaphorically burned out of him when he was physically burned ("I'm going to war. / Kill the others."), then Syd & David helped him get it back.

As for the Pokeball (Mutants: Gotta catch 'em all!), I think most people not familiar with comics are going to assume that's the Equinox that Division 3 ordered to be launched.

Of course, they also mentioned something about launching a peacemaker which -- as it turns out -- fortunately didn't happen. Because I think that's a peacekeeper missile that would've wiped out all of Summerland...? I dunno. I was expecting to either see Summerland scorched with everyone except for David dying ~OR~ David somehow stopping the missile / exploding it prematurely... but nothing came of that, so I guess Clark had it cancelled, if such a thing was ever going to happen.

In any case, it sure seems like SOMEBODY's got access to some pretty advanced technology. Considering how antiquated most of the technology Division 3 seemed (aside from the eye cam used in this episode), maybe it wasn't Division 3. Some here have been saying Mojo... I gotta say it'd be pretty neat to see David compete in Mojoworld. And of course to see Mojo himself in live-action.

I so lean towards this theory more than others. That was some pretty advanced technology in taking David in and transporting him to his final destination.