Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Was she? (Trying remember her doing something telepath-y)
    I don't think she's a telepath. She knows a lot about it from her line of work and from being married to Oliver. This is ambiguous enough to potentially read her as a telepath, but that fits into the ambiguity of the show.

They haven't explictly said whether she's a human or a mutant. Enough is not known about her back story that if they wanted to decide she's a telepath and have her directly demonstrate those powers.

Melanie reminds me of an older, kind Emma Frost and I think this similarity is deliberate. Wonder if she knows Charles Xavier and the X-Men?

BANNED

They finally used the X-Men anthem!(even if it was a cover)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don't think she's a telepath. She knows a lot about it from her line of work and from being married to Oliver. This is ambiguous enough to potentially read her as a telepath, but that fits into the ambiguity of the show.

They haven't explictly said whether she's a human or a mutant. Enough is not known about her back story that if they wanted to decide she's a telepath and have her directly demonstrate those powers.

Melanie reminds me of an older, kind Emma Frost and I think this similarity is deliberate. Wonder if she knows Charles Xavier and the X-Men?
    Hmm...that could be an interesting twist for season 2. Melanie's not actually a mutant.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

im late to the ropic having just finished all of Legion, so dont know the extent of the discussion on Davids powers but i am dissatisfied that Fox cant get legion right. i thought they were close with the Brittish version in his head. but no where does he have multufple personalities. and they use him as a phychic. and teleported at least once. other then that i liked the show. and the,shadow king was neat to see. i know its dofficult to explain his parents but the Haller thing is off. they dont have to talk WW2 victum that Gabby is but since he was Adopted why is he haller. unless the Mom we only see in flashbacks is gabby with a new man. anyone else thinking of this or just me

that said i know it doesnt matter. especially to now comic nerds.
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    im late to the ropic having just finished all of Legion, so dont know the extent of the discussion on Davids powers but i am dissatisfied that Fox cant get legion right. i thought they were close with the Brittish version in his head. but no where does he have multufple personalities. and they use him as a phychic. and teleported at least once. other then that i liked the show. and the,shadow king was neat to see. i know its dofficult to explain his parents but the Haller thing is off. they dont have to talk WW2 victum that Gabby is but since he was Adopted why is he haller. unless the Mom we only see in flashbacks is gabby with a new man. anyone else thinking of this or just me

that said i know it doesnt matter. especially to now comic nerds.
    Lots of people are upset about not showing personalities but we hope/assume they will be there in season 2 otherwise they really destroyed the character altogether. "Legion" means something

The Haller thing is weird too yeah maybe they'll explain it better in season 2 , hope so
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Lots of people are upset about not showing personalities but we hope/assume they will be there in season 2 otherwise they really destroyed the character altogether. "Legion" means something

The Haller thing is weird too yeah maybe they'll explain it better in season 2 , hope so
    How is that confusing or needing to be explained? It's not unusual at all for adopted children in real life — ESPECIALLY those as young as David was (infant) — to take the surname of their adoptive family. With infants and very young children it's frankly a very non-issue since they likely won't remember their birth family, anyway. Even those who are older will also do it for various reasons (IE solidifying themselves as part of their new family). Never mind the fact it would be a LOT easier to hide him as "David Haller" than "David Xavier" (not that it mattered, but the point stands).

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How is that confusing or needing to be explained? It's not unusual at all for adopted children in real life — ESPECIALLY those as young as David was (infant) — to take the surname of their adoptive family. With infants and very young children it's frankly a very non-issue since they likely won't remember their birth family, anyway. Even those who are older will also do it for various reasons (IE solidifying themselves as part of their new family). Never mind the fact it would be a LOT easier to hide him as "David Haller" than "David Xavier" (not that it mattered, but the point stands).
    Good point. I guess I just assumed the other poster was correct they made it sound like a problem. But the way you explained it away I agree
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I think it's more that people are confused about the show appearantly making Gabrielle Haller not David's birth mother. At least that seems to be what is implied in the show.
    #EmmaWasRight

Probably because she's not in the movie continuity prior to the show. If he's Charles son then the most likely candidate for a mother would be Moira.

Although it's also possible she is his mother and his sister own thinks he's adopted because that is what Xavier planted in everyone's head so that they would forget him.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

except that Haller is his birth mothers name. at least in the comics. it wouldnt be an adopted mother. only way i see is that his mother is his mom and Xavier left him with her. that or like remydat said Fox changed it to Moura or something
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

How do we know we haven't seen David's personalities? Sometimes in his mind he has all these people shouting at him, and these don't appear to be one of the Shadow King's forms. David, when he spoke to his rational mind, realized that though the Shadow King certainly exploited him and made him crazy, his powers had their own affect on him.

To be completely honest, Syd might be a personality of David. She's awfully self sacrificing and protective of him, and this seems to go beyond love. Just as David created his rational self in his mind to protect him, he could have unconsciously made Syd to protect him. There's some hints where the Shadow King/Lenny seems to give Syd a lot of respect, and Melanie seems to respect Syd more than she would if she were just some random mutant. It could be the King and Melanie both know Syd is a projection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Hmm...that could be an interesting twist for season 2. Melanie's not actually a mutant.
    You mean her ambiguous status. Like so much else in the show, everything is for interpretation. Is Melanie doing all this just because her husband's a mutant? I'm not sure I buy that. She's got an interest in protecting mutants from government exploitation. Why? And they trust her. Why? She goes on some dangerous missions for someone who is supposedly just a human. There's a story here, and they've left it very open as to what direction it could go in.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    How do we know we haven't seen David's personalities? Sometimes in his mind he has all these people shouting at him, and these don't appear to be one of the Shadow King's forms. David, when he spoke to his rational mind, realized that though the Shadow King certainly exploited him and made him crazy, his powers had their own affect on him.

To be completely honest, Syd might be a personality of David. She's awfully self sacrificing and protective of him, and this seems to go beyond love. Just as David created his rational self in his mind to protect him, he could have unconsciously made Syd to protect him. There's some hints where the Shadow King/Lenny seems to give Syd a lot of respect, and Melanie seems to respect Syd more than she would if she were just some random mutant. It could be the King and Melanie both know Syd is a projection.
    Yeah, all the people shouting at him plus the British personality made me think those are David's other personalities. I think the show is starting to ease us into it. I hope Syd is not a projection though. Not sure I'd like that twist.