Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Maybe it was meant to be. I think my confusion came partly from the thing with David's street friend/addict being a guy named Benny instead of a girl named Lenny, then from Lenny being a mask for the Shadow King ... combining that with there never having been a pet dog at all, I took this all as some implication that none of these had ever been real, and all had just been different masks. But, maybe the dog was the only one that was completely made up?

Anyway, even if Lenny was a real person to start, what has she been, since having been killed? Oliver was in stasis but has a real body, acting as host for Farouk, now. David was his host, before. Why would there be a real "Lenny" left at all, after she was killed? Or how really, is the better question.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I assumed she wasn't a real person, she just was a figment of the Shadow King who replaced previous people in his memories (such as Benny) with Lenny. That's the downside of a show as deliberately confusing as Legion. Sometimes it's subject to many different interpretations.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I assumed she wasn't a real person, she just was a figment of the Shadow King who replaced previous people in his memories (such as Benny) with Lenny. That's the downside of a show as deliberately confusing as Legion. Sometimes it's subject to many different interpretations.
    Until I see quite a few characters acknowledge that she exists physically, I'm sticking to the assumption that she is not real.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Until I see quite a few characters acknowledge that she exists physically, I'm sticking to the assumption that she is not real.
    ? A bunch of characters acknowledged there was a murdered victim in the hospital

To be honest I just hope season 2 can explore David's multiple personas more. Having personas inside Shadow King is... not really the same.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ? A bunch of characters acknowledged there was a murdered victim in the hospital

To be honest I just hope season 2 can explore David's multiple personas more. Having personas inside Shadow King is... not really the same.
    I mean something more like...

Multiple characters are in the direct vicinity of the character in question, and all see and describe seeing the same thing. That someone was murdered only proves that something killed that person somehow.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I mean something more like...

Multiple characters are in the direct vicinity of the character in question, and all see and describe seeing the same thing. That someone was murdered only proves that something killed that person somehow.
    It's fun to play with "how many characters/scenes in season 1 really occurred" but I think they tried telling us toward the end nearly all of it was real. Which, again makes no sense, why did Clockworks Hospital have a giant Dog statue and like a huge chain to the ground attached to the hospital? Those were always clues to me the hospital wasn't real but apparently it was and the Dog is just a "Government" symbol of some kind
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's fun to play with "how many characters/scenes in season 1 really occurred" but I think they tried telling us toward the end nearly all of it was real. Which, again makes no sense, why did Clockworks Hospital have a giant Dog statue and like a huge chain to the ground attached to the hospital? Those were always clues to me the hospital wasn't real but apparently it was and the Dog is just a "Government" symbol of some kind
    I am going to have to politely disagree on that one. I think who she hitched a ride with was telling us something. I don't think that something was "This is actually happening entirely in the physical world."

The way I saw it both Benny and Lenny were real.

Benny was with David before he discovered his powers and went to Clockworks, he was there when he bought and used the weird blue drugs. David's ex-girlfriend even mentioned him by name so he was real.

Lenny he met at Clockworks and accidentally got killed by Syd as David. People interacted with Lenny so she was definitely in the real world. After Lennys death, Shadow King took her form to torment and encourage David to do things as I think Lenny was a genuine friend to him during his time at Clockworks. Shadow King would then manipulate David's memories to implant Lenny/Himself into his past. Only those who have had Shadow King in their minds can see him, that's why Syd can see him and no-one else could.

Shadow King took the forms of The Angriest Boy, King the dog, Lenny and most likely his 'default' form the Yellow Eyed Fat Man

As for Davids personalities, it wasn't explored in the first season at all. I think the only hint of it were the scenes of David being yelled at by multiple people, other than that, it was mostly about Shadow King manipulating him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaydnC95 View Post
    The way I saw it both Benny and Lenny were real.

Benny was with David before he discovered his powers and went to Clockworks, he was there when he bought and used the weird blue drugs. David's ex-girlfriend even mentioned him by name so he was real.

Lenny he met at Clockworks and accidentally got killed by Syd as David. People interacted with Lenny so she was definitely in the real world. After Lennys death, Shadow King took her form to torment and encourage David to do things as I think Lenny was a genuine friend to him during his time at Clockworks. Shadow King would then manipulate David's memories to implant Lenny/Himself into his past. Only those who have had Shadow King in their minds can see him, that's why Syd can see him and no-one else could.

Shadow King took the forms of The Angriest Boy, King the dog, Lenny and most likely his 'default' form the Yellow Eyed Fat Man

As for Davids personalities, it wasn't explored in the first season at all. I think the only hint of it were the scenes of David being yelled at by multiple people, other than that, it was mostly about Shadow King manipulating him
    Actually the Shadow King was able to project himself as the King, as Lenny, as King the dog, and as the Angriest boy in the world to Amy. So others can see the Shadow King too when he wants them too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Emma Frost was the first thing I thought when I saw her, too!

Noah Hawley said she was just a human...?

Then how did she survive the Shadow King pointing his finger at her and going "bang!" and knocking her down?

You'd think she'd have to have a healing factor or immortality factor to survive Farouk, who doesn't have any problem just casually killing folks.

If you can't tell, it REALLY irked me that she wasn't killed and somehow magically survived because "hey, we like that character, so let's not kill her off!"
    When she saw Carey who was clearly possessed by the Shadow King, she got up to fight her. That would be suicide for someone just a human and to me that implied she isn't human. But we'll see if they decide to flesh this out next season. And you're right about her surviving Farouk too.

Last edited by juan678; 06-26-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

cool, cant wait for a whole interview
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Dan Stevens has asked Patrick Stewart to appear as Xavier on the show. I'm curious what the timing of that discussion is, because this article makes it out that Stewart is unfamiliar with it, but not long ago he expressed open interest in reprising the role on the series.

Regardless, as heartachingly beautiful a swansong as Logan was, it would be great to see him as the PROFESSOR one last time (either here or in Deadpool 2).

Wonder Woman actor Said Taghmaoui will play a major character in Season 2 spoilers:
    Amahl Farouk
    end of spoilers
    DFOHWKLUIAAkdeu.jpg
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...k-cast-1022850