Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    .....I wasn't referring only to CBR, but alright. Mutuals on Twitter had talked about the shitty stuff Syd did in her mom's body.
    My mistake.

Well I watched the finale and must say at least the opening was probably one of the best I have seen for any genre show ever.

In terms of ratings which don't matter in a way after being reupped though are a bellwether to watch for and to take into account for next season we finally have DVR numbers for a few episodes and generally DVR watching this seen has been getting Legion to around a .4 in L + 7.

The finale dropped to a .1 live from a .2 for the previous episode and this is before DVR is factored in.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-15-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

I really didike Syd's episode and I didn't like this one either...not sure if I'll tune in for season 3 or not. This season was a little self indulgent with the surrealism too.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Well I watched the finale and must say at least the opening was probably one of the best I have seen for any genre show ever.

In terms of ratings which don't matter in a way after being reupped though are a bellwether to watch for and to take into account for next season we finally have DVR numbers for a few episodes and generally DVR watching this seen has been getting Legion to around a .4 in L + 7.

The finale dropped to a .1 live from a .2 for the previous episode and this is before DVR is factored in.
    What did you think about the ending? For me that was the most exciting part, it was very unexpected but thrilling. Although yeah you can certainly debate the fairness of everything, and there is a lot of mystery surrounding the circumstances.

Basically I feel like season 2 shot itself in the foot really badly with episodes 4 and 6 in particular. They were not necessarily bad on their own but their placement in the narrative was extremely disruptive and turned off many folks. Then people wanted a faster pace in the remaining episodes which simply did not happen. This is all compounded by the show's desire to imitate Twin Peaks this season and throw in a ton of apparently meaningless red herring type situations which never receive any true explanations or resolution. All that said, the final episode was nearly perfect in my mind... although it has sparked quite a bit of controversy over what David did with Syd. Which I also think is not helpful for the show, that is a bad kind of controversy to have swirling around your main character.

It is sad to me how bad the ratings are but even more so , last season there was a plethora of fan-made art and edited videos of the show. This season? Good luck finding literally anything of that nature. It's just not there. People simply stopped caring/watching altogether or they truly can't wrap their heads around it enough to really be enthusiastic about certain characters or themes like last season. I still think it's amazing how season 1 they have a fan favorite character, "Lenny" (as Shadow King) which produced by far the biggest reaction among fans, and they... totally minimize/throw away the character this season. The new actor for Shadow King got good response but nowhere close to Plaza's feedback in season 1. Just a huge mistake IMO. But it looks like season 3 might go back to something fans can get behind again judging by the ending to season 2. It's a long wait though
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 06-15-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

What did you think about the ending? For me that was the most exciting part, it was very unexpected but thrilling. Although yeah you can certainly debate the fairness of everything, and there is a lot of mystery surrounding the circumstances.

Basically I feel like season 2 shot itself in the foot really badly with episodes 4 and 6 in particular.
    The finale was overall solid, beings with that kind of God like power are going to abuse their powers even if they don't understand they are doing it. That said the insta redemption of Farouk because they realize Legion is a threat made no sense. Any beings with that kind of power are going to be global threats.

It is sad to me how bad the ratings are but even more so , last season there was a plethora of fan-made art and edited videos of the show. This season? Good luck finding literally anything of that nature.
    I for the most part agree about the season.

In terms of what you are speaking of a drop in live viewership (for this season close to 60%) is going to be reflected in a drop in fan art and videos. The two things are kind of interlinked as ratings mean viewers/fans.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-15-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Legion vs Sombra round two David & Farouk sings "Behind Blue Eyes"

Last edited by juan678; 06-15-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I really didike Syd's episode and I didn't like this one either...not sure if I'll tune in for season 3 or not. This season was a little self indulgent with the surrealism too.
    I agree. I think they went too acid trippy this time around.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Last edited by juan678; 06-15-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Power to the People

i'm really enjoying this show, can't wait for season 3.

farouk might be controlling david to some degree as well as some of division 3 (since he did make contact with a lot of the mutants in the first season when they were trying to exorcise him from david's body and mind, residual contact i guess and they aren't telepathic like david (kind of like the 'backdoor' that apocalypse leaves for professor x in x-men apocalypse). since it seems like david could sense whether or not he is nearby in at least one of the earlier episodes in season 2 and if farouk isn't controlling him its possible that one of legion's personalities took control (legion maybe fully tapping into his powers due to so many stressors impacting him all at once and seems to display different powers/personalities like astral? projection once the two malignant personalities show up right after the scene wherein he was shot at in chapter 19.

the 'future crimes' idea was one of the defining characteristics of si spurrier's x-men legacy run on legion (at least i thought so). and to me, that was interesting how they reversed it against him in chapter 19, possibly that indicates what we have been watching is an alternate reality of some sort maybe, say, only like farouk and someone like layla miller or blindfold remember that reality is warped (or just taking place in david's mind) which in my opinion would give farouk a bit of an advantage already knowing the ins and outs in a world where he can control virtually everything. or maybe even farouk is one of david's personalities even; if the show takes place in his mind.

in the scene where david is trapped in the last episode in season 2 in the spherical field, i wonder if farouk was a projection as well since he seemed to have healed very quickly from his injuries if not?

and, does anyone know if the pyrokinesis displayed in season 1 was david? or maybe it was kerry? clark seems to blame david for the burns in season 2, but in the last episode of season 1 when david and kerry charge at each other there is a fiery aura around kerry opposed to david's electric aura. it does seem she would use it more often if it was actually one of her powers. or maybe farouk is able to trigger it from david's mind even if they are separated at that point? also syd tells david to slip into the water in chapter 1 as well right before clark and the other division 3 guards are burned.

Finale of season 1 was the weakest episode of season 1.

Finale of season 2 was the strongest of season 2 for me.
    Amazing. Very Creative. Behind blue eyes was perfect.

It is all Syd`s fault, really. She was brainwashed by SK. She didn`t trust David and betrayed him in desert.
    Because of her started and finished his transformation.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 06-16-2018 at 05:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    i'm really enjoying this show, can't wait for season 3.

farouk might be controlling david to some degree as well as some of division 3 (since he did make contact with a lot of the mutants in the first season when they were trying to exorcise him from david's body and mind, residual contact i guess and they aren't telepathic like david (kind of like the 'backdoor' that apocalypse leaves for professor x in x-men apocalypse). since it seems like david could sense whether or not he is nearby in at least one of the earlier episodes in season 2 and if farouk isn't controlling him its possible that one of legion's personalities took control (legion maybe fully tapping into his powers due to so many stressors impacting him all at once and seems to display different powers/personalities like astral? projection once the two malignant personalities show up right after the scene wherein he was shot at in chapter 19.

the 'future crimes' idea was one of the defining characteristics of si spurrier's x-men legacy run on legion (at least i thought so). and to me, that was interesting how they reversed it against him in chapter 19, possibly that indicates what we have been watching is an alternate reality of some sort maybe, say, only like farouk and someone like layla miller or blindfold remember that reality is warped (or just taking place in david's mind) which in my opinion would give farouk a bit of an advantage already knowing the ins and outs in a world where he can control virtually everything. or maybe even farouk is one of david's personalities even; if the show takes place in his mind.

in the scene where david is trapped in the last episode in season 2 in the spherical field, i wonder if farouk was a projection as well since he seemed to have healed very quickly from his injuries if not?

and, does anyone know if the pyrokinesis displayed in season 1 was david? or maybe it was kerry? clark seems to blame david for the burns in season 2, but in the last episode of season 1 when david and kerry charge at each other there is a fiery aura around kerry opposed to david's electric aura. it does seem she would use it more often if it was actually one of her powers. or maybe farouk is able to trigger it from david's mind even if they are separated at that point? also syd tells david to slip into the water in chapter 1 as well right before clark and the other division 3 guards are burned.
    I think the entire season 2 finale is all a part of Farouk's plan.

He knew that David would kill him in the desert, so he used Melanie to turn Syd against him, and it was her interference that saved his life. However, he ALSO likely recognized that without a bigger threat for them to deal with, his days were numbered once he fell into the hands of Division 3. So all of his actions in the second half of season 2 — murdering Amy, using Melanie, separating David from Syd to turn her against him, tricking him into torturing Oliver (David thought it was Farouk-in-Oliver's body. He didn't know that he was controlling Melanie at the time) — were aimed to drive David further into madness. This then allowed him to ingratiate himself with the Divisions by revealing what David did to Syd, making him indispensable in countering the threat that an out of control David represents. This also allows him to reestablish a power base inside Division 3, (since now that he has his body back there's no one other than David who can possibly stop him) which will enable him to further his own goals.

David's plan for destroying him — the way he put everyone exactly where he needed them — was brilliant. But Farouk was just a step ahead.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-16-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

What do you guys think about the theory I've heard that that was just a psychic projection of Shadow King in the final scene and his real body is still locked up, chained, restrained, with the electronic inhibitor on? Since after all there is 0 way D3 would let him randomly stroll about like that, and how would he be 100% healed so fast anyway?

I like the theory and I basically think SK is being controlled by D3 still , like held in reserve as a potential living weapon (much like a SLAVE, but after he undid David's mindwipe on Syd and D3 consulted with him about the situation overall, like he is using David as leverage so they don't just instantly execute him) but he managed to project himself astrally to David's trial just to observe. Either out of simple curiosity, a need on his part for closure with "his son", some actual fondness and attachment he feels for David, etc
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 06-16-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    What do you guys think about the theory I've heard that that was just a psychic projection of Shadow King in the final scene and his real body is still locked up, chained, restrained, with the electronic inhibitor on? Since after all there is 0 way D3 would let him randomly stroll about like that, and how would he be 100% healed so fast anyway?

I like the theory and I basically think SK is being controlled by D3 still , like held in reserve as a potential living weapon (much like a SLAVE, but after he undid David's mindwipe on Syd and D3 consulted with him about the situation overall, like he is using David as leverage so they don't just instantly execute him) but he managed to project himself astrally to David's trial just to observe. Either out of simple curiosity, a need on his part for closure with "his son", some actual fondness and attachment he feels for David, etc
    If he was a projection, it wasn't just in David's mind. IIRC other characters were interacting with him, or aware of his presence.