Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well, the person who wrote the show has pretty clearly stated he is to be considered the villain. I think you're reading into it what you want rather than what the story is telling. Hawley has talked about comparing Legion to Magneto and how he seems to float back and forth between villain and hero.

But let's be clear about the issue that seems to be dividing us a bit: David altered someone's mind, putting her clearly in a kind of fog, and then used that state he put her in to convince her to have sex. The show-runner has called it rape. It was rape. I don't like that decision either, but pretending it wasn't rape doesn't help your case.

You seem to want to talk only about the telepathic manipulation. You're right that it probably wasn't rape at that point. It was a repugnant act, but not rape. Like, I don't know, slipping something into someone's drink. It's what happens after that makes it rape. Now you slipped something in her drink, brought her back to your hotel room, and had sex with her in her altered state. That's the rape. If they had stopped short of that and only had David alter her mind I wouldn't be using the word "rape". But since they showed them having sex, we're now in rape territory. Sorry. I don't like it either, but them's the facts.

I think there is a level of manipulation still happening thanks to the SK and maybe they try and redeem all of this later, but I think there would have been much, MUCH better ways to make David seem like the villain. Instead, he had David cross a bridge that will be hard to ever come back from. I don't think it was necessary. I'd have rather seen him turn too violent or aggressive or remorseless or manipulative. But rapist? It's hard to come back from that one, even if everything has been a master plan of the SK.
    Just because showrunner told that it was rape don't mean that it was rape. All viewers have their own opinion.

If showrunner would tell that blue sky is red then it would mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    He brainwashed her memories and then used that altered state to have sex with her. That's the rape, not the memory alteration.
    He brainwashed her memories to erase Farouk brainwashing from it.

He had sex because they are a couple.

He didn`t erase memories to have a sex.

Don`t think that David will be a villain in season 3. I think others might just see him as villin. And it is a different thing.

If he became a villain then he would just destroy everyone at the end after trial. He just don`t give a **** about them and left them behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

You're a fine gymnast sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Yep! This is the right opinion!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

This is why this is such a great show. Both views have merit. It's going to split the viewerships opinion and that's great storytelling.

Opinion 1: David was desperate to keep Syd. He took his opportunity to erase her recent memory so they could continue their relationship, unbeknownst that SK had gotten to her, but possibly suspected. They sleep together as result of her being unaware of her earlier feelings about him and the situation, essentially a form of sexual assault.

Opinion 2: David was desperate to keep Syd. He took his opportunity to erase her recent memory so they could continue their relationship. Luckily, he's not erasing her memory but undoing the manipulation inserted by Melanie/Shadow King. They sleep together because they are in a relationship and genuinely love each other. Syd is then reset by the Shadow King telepathic suggestions (via the mouse), in a elaborate attempt to save his own life.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

This season was trash and a waste of time. It really feels like there was more focus on aesthetics than content.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    This season was trash and a waste of time. It really feels like there was more focus on aesthetics than content.
    I really liked it. But it was definetely longer then it should be. 8 or 9 episodes should be enough for season 2. They made it oo long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    i'm really enjoying this show, can't wait for season 3.

farouk might be controlling david to some degree as well as some of division 3 (since he did make contact with a lot of the mutants in the first season when they were trying to exorcise him from david's body and mind, residual contact i guess and they aren't telepathic like david (kind of like the 'backdoor' that apocalypse leaves for professor x in x-men apocalypse). since it seems like david could sense whether or not he is nearby in at least one of the earlier episodes in season 2 and if farouk isn't controlling him its possible that one of legion's personalities took control (legion maybe fully tapping into his powers due to so many stressors impacting him all at once and seems to display different powers/personalities like astral? projection once the two malignant personalities show up right after the scene wherein he was shot at in chapter 19.

the 'future crimes' idea was one of the defining characteristics of si spurrier's x-men legacy run on legion (at least i thought so). and to me, that was interesting how they reversed it against him in chapter 19, possibly that indicates what we have been watching is an alternate reality of some sort maybe, say, only like farouk and someone like layla miller or blindfold remember that reality is warped (or just taking place in david's mind) which in my opinion would give farouk a bit of an advantage already knowing the ins and outs in a world where he can control virtually everything. or maybe even farouk is one of david's personalities even; if the show takes place in his mind.

in the scene where david is trapped in the last episode in season 2 in the spherical field, i wonder if farouk was a projection as well since he seemed to have healed very quickly from his injuries if not?

and, does anyone know if the pyrokinesis displayed in season 1 was david? or maybe it was kerry? clark seems to blame david for the burns in season 2, but in the last episode of season 1 when david and kerry charge at each other there is a fiery aura around kerry opposed to david's electric aura. it does seem she would use it more often if it was actually one of her powers. or maybe farouk is able to trigger it from david's mind even if they are separated at that point? also syd tells david to slip into the water in chapter 1 as well right before clark and the other division 3 guards are burned.
    Farouk was able to resurrect his body, so if he could do that as soon as they got the power disruptor device on him all he had to do is HEAL injuries.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Might be exaggerating a bit? This season definitely wasn't as narratively tight or overall as strong as the first, but not "trash" at all. They left a lot to be interpreted by the viewer. Perhaps too much for the culture, we're in now.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That's true, but was that because of what she did? The show never says why she exactly ends up there. Though maybe we can assume her Mother puts her there for that. She still brings it up in a very nonchalant way, and even, in my opinion, embraces what she does in the second season. With the whole "God loves the sinners best." line. It would be nice if she could show some remorse, our express regret over what she did.
    The thing with this, is doesn['t that totally go against her entire later approach towards David? It's like she makes him think one way (sins and being broken ultimately make you strong and more beautiful as long as you hold onto love). Gee i wonder why David did what he did then???? He literally followed this advice.

Also "love" how Syd doesn't care about David meeting with her future self... until she TOTALLY does care???

The entire ending of this show is just so ambiguous and open to multiple interpretations
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I wrote a (short) fic based on the show https://archiveofourown.org/works/14977931

OBEY

Hurray! 123

OBEY

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar