Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 777
  1. #751
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,023

    Default


  2. #752
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,023

    Default


  3. #753

    Default

    Hey I'm curious as an X-Men fan and someone that has schizophrenia, I read that in this show Legion has schizophrenia (rather than Dissociative Identity Disorder/multiple personalities) - at least he is diagnosed and comes to find that he may not be 'crazy', etc. Is this the character in the show, at least in season 1? Is the schizophrenia just a trope or is it meaningful in some way? Apologies for interrupting the thread, but I was just curious, as representations of schizophrenia are 99% of the time shallow or worse.

  4. #754
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Hey I'm curious as an X-Men fan and someone that has schizophrenia, I read that in this show Legion has schizophrenia (rather than Dissociative Identity Disorder/multiple personalities) - at least he is diagnosed and comes to find that he may not be 'crazy', etc. Is this the character in the show, at least in season 1? Is the schizophrenia just a trope or is it meaningful in some way? Apologies for interrupting the thread, but I was just curious, as representations of schizophrenia are 99% of the time shallow or worse.
    It is the diagnosis he is thought to have at the beginning of the story, but the story dives into the complications of that. And whether it is accurate or not.

  5. #755
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Series finale opener tonight.

  6. #756
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,450

    Default

    Pretty impressive.

    That said, there is an obvious "Comics Vs. Television..." bit that felt like it stuck it's face out tonight.

  7. #757
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    948

    Default

    It was interesting. It certainly seems like everything that happened at the end of last season was legit. I think it put to bed the conspiracy theories.

  8. #758
    Ultimate Member juan678's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    spain
    Posts
    17,023

    Default


  9. #759
    Astonishing Member Nick Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,653

    Default

    Guys this is Advanced Placement X-Men 202. This episode was fantastic.

    In fact there isnt much TV or internet that plays at this level, this is for advanced viewers only.

    Im going to get a D+, maybe i can get a C if im lucky and cram the night before the final.

  10. #760
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,142

    Default

    So I watched it tonight online.

    spoilers:
    Was that Kari with the katana who David vaporized when the Division attacked during the first two time loops? It happened so fast and they never showed us her face.
    end of spoilers
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  11. #761
    Magneto-centric Rivka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Guys this is Advanced Placement X-Men 202. This episode was fantastic.

    In fact there isnt much TV or internet that plays at this level, this is for advanced viewers only.

    Im going to get a D+, maybe i can get a C if im lucky and cram the night before the final.
    Yes. Everything. I usually have to watch each episode multiple times. And it always pays off! Can Marvel/Disney get Noah Hawley (who also created and wrote the tv version of FARGO) to write and direct their next X-Men movie? And Harry Lloyd as Xavier is awesome.

  12. #762
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I watched it tonight online.

    spoilers:
    Was that Kari with the katana who David vaporized when the Division attacked during the first two time loops? It happened so fast and they never showed us her face.
    end of spoilers
    It appeared to be, yes.

  13. #763
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    dang first episode was good...it woulda been a HUUUUGE fan wanna if the Time Traveler turned out to be Magik....I would. Have. Died.
    but Switch is cool like how they portray her using her powers+ she adds some diversity to the show kinda
    *rolleyes emoji* the black dudes a robot now

  14. #764
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    dang first episode was good...it woulda been a HUUUUGE fan wanna if the Time Traveler turned out to be Magik....I would. Have. Died.
    but Switch is cool like how they portray her using her powers+ she adds some diversity to the show kinda
    *rolleyes emoji* the black dudes a robot now
    I'm starting to wonder if that might not be how things actually go down.

    That when things go sideways, it might not be how we have been lead to believe it would.

  15. #765
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if that might not be how things actually go down.

    That when things go sideways, it might not be how we have been lead to believe it would.
    20190627_075309.jpg
    dude ya lost me lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •