Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    What's wrong with some Bollywood dancing? XDXDXD
    Just wait until the big bollywood battle with the bigger characters.

OH MY! I made the mistake of looking up the video that gif comes from. And if I had to suffer, you do too!

BANNED

two episodes in and i don't even know why I'm watching this anymore

are you serious?

I f**** love it. And I wasnt hyped for it, and was against the idea of a Legion tv show, instead of XFactor or a team or hero oriented show, but.... Noah won me over, this is so so good. Easily some of the best work of the whole franchise.

Mighty Member

After 2 episodes, I'm ready to give up. For me it's too all over the place and not my type of storytelling. You can show a person being unable to what's real or not and still have a linear story. Just not for me

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

that was a very wtf episode but i get that the entire series is wtf vibe, i just want david to rescue his sister ASAP
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    are you serious?

I f**** love it. And I wasnt hyped for it, and was against the idea of a Legion tv show, instead of XFactor or a team or hero oriented show, but.... Noah won me over, this is so so good. Easily some of the best work of the whole franchise.
    I can actually see it not being for fans who wanted something simple.

That said, it's a shame to see folks abandoning what seems like it will be the one aspect of the franchise that will probably hold up over the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    After 2 episodes, I'm ready to give up. For me it's too all over the place and not my type of storytelling. You can show a person being unable to what's real or not and still have a linear story. Just not for me
    I think the point is to have you experience what David is experience. If you tell it in a linear way they it wouldn't be you experiencing what he is. It would just be you telling a story about mental illness from your perspective not the perspective of the person with mental illness since you mind is linear but the whole point is their mind is not.

Obviously that kind of storytelling is certainly not for everyone but your suggestion essentially defeats the whole purpose of he show.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

So the vibe I'm getting from this thread is that this show is far less popular on this forum than with the general public? Is it due to the lack of comic connections, so people on here find it difficult to be invested in the show when it gets weird and confusing?

Is this the kind of 'Official discussion thread'? If so here are my thoughts.

EP 1
    . I love how you can't really trust anything that's happening which really keeps you engaged with the story.
    . Dan Stevens as David is great.
    . Are we assuming that the time period is in the 60s? Or at least, sometime inspired by the 60s?
    . The Yellow Eyed Fat Man is creepy as hell and I'm assuming it's one of Davids personalities, certainly NOT Mojo
    . The patient that liked pretending to be a tree in the background made me smile

EP 2
    . So why the blacked out face from his dad? Is it because it's Xavier? Is it not his biological father? Is it because they don't want to show his face so McAvoy can show up sometime? Either way I'm intrigued
    . I love all the eyes painted into the sets when in Davids memories.
    . The sets in this are all amazing and Summerland is gorgeous
    . I love that they have time travel classes.
    . Dan Stevens is doing a great job
    . Yellow Eyed Fat Man will forever haunt my dreams
    . I think every character in this is so interesting.
    . So the mutants so far are David with multiple personalises and telekinesis, Sydney who has the ability to switch places with people for a short time through skin contact? Kerry, the long haired girl, I'm assuming was the one raining fire down on everyone and that caused the explosion, Ptonomy who can look into memories, Melanie Bird with telepathy and the computer guy who I'm assuming can talk to computers?

Overall I'm loving what I'm seeing. This series is honestly so entertaining.
    I don't know why I'm still watching Agents of SHIELD other than pure dedication because this show is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    So the vibe I'm getting from this thread is that this show is far less popular on this forum than with the general public? Is it due to the lack of comic connections, so people on here find it difficult to be invested in the show when it gets weird and confusing?
    Not really when it comes to the vibe. More people have said they are either intrigued so far, or really enjoying the twisted story and visuals.

Any way we can change the title of the thread to legion tv show discussion or appreciation? That way it's more
    Updated and may get more traffic.

Loving the show so far, btw.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    Another problem with comic readers being viewers here is that watching David go through the usual training of how to manage his telepathy is a bit of a reinvention of the wheel if You've watched any xmen or telepath who had to learn their powers.

To comic readers who are used to this journey it may seem a little repetitive but in the context of it being a self contained story I think it works just fine.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Any way we can change the title of the thread to legion tv show discussion or appreciation? That way it's more
    Updated and may get more traffic.

Loving the show so far, btw.
    Sure. 10 char. Is it a way to edit Thread titles?

Unglaublich!

Now I'll admit I fell asleep towards the end of episode 2 so I might've missed something, but...

...I felt seriously hacked off when David was walking through his own memories and he stated that his father had died very recently. Xavier could have been name-checked there but no, his dad's just a nameless and faceless anyone! No mention of his mother being Gabrielle either...

I know that Noah Hawley said he wasn't going to start re-enacting comic plots but come on, David's father's identity is an absolutely integral part of him and his story! To not even name-check the guy is a bit of a dick move in my opinion and has spoiled my enjoyment of the show.

And yes, I'm more than prepared to eat these words if his parentage is "corrected" at some future point in the season...