Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Sure. 10 char. Is it a way to edit Thread titles?
    You may have to ask a moderator but I do think more people will chime in if we change the title. I didn't read this thread Til today because I didn't know it was discussion about the show itself.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    Now I'll admit I fell asleep towards the end of episode 2 so I might've missed something, but...

...I felt seriously hacked off when David was walking through his own memories and he stated that his father had died very recently. Xavier could have been name-checked there but no, his dad's just a nameless and faceless anyone! No mention of his mother being Gabrielle either...

I know that Noah Hawley said he wasn't going to start re-enacting comic plots but come on, David's father's identity is an absolutely integral part of him and his story! To not even name-check the guy is a bit of a dick move in my opinion and has spoiled my enjoyment of the show.

And yes, I'm more than prepared to eat these words if his parentage is "corrected" at some future point in the season...
    Legion is an obscure x character to the general audience. They may not make Charles his father at all (it could confuse people and tie it too much to the movies which the show is trying to avoid). I think their idea is to make it a self contained story so I wouldn't expect much if any tie ins with other aspects of the x universe.

Those kinda of expectations seem to get people really disappointed in the shows and movies imo.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Would it be interesting if this was set in the old timeline? They do mention a "war" is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Would it be interesting if this was set in the old timeline? They do mention a "war" is happening.
    thats an interesting possibility. I don't expect it to happen because it seems these mutants would talk about the xmen fighting back against the government. But still an interesting possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    interestingly, thats what I thought I would do, once Noah started talking about what Legion show was about, last year.

Its the easiest way to connect it to the universe, without forcing it in the current state of the movies (X-Men being in the 80s, with these hard time jumps movie after movie..) along with McAvoy being too young to be Davids father. The old timeline, around X1, its the timeperiod that makes the most sense with what Noah is doing with the show

Power to the People

I am really enjoying this series so far...I am schizophrenic and bipolar myself so can relate on some levels (makes me wish this show was truth rather than fiction lol)...if any mutants from the comics show up later on I wouldn't be surprised if mutants with obvious physical mutations wouldn't really show up as much as nonphysical (unless those mutants are coerced or controlled by the Divisions i guess) in the series. Hoping for some Marvel Legends of this series as well to go along with my collection of Generation X, X-Factor and X-men figures heh.

I am guessing that the "The World's Angriest Boy in the World" could be a personality of Legion

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Legion is an obscure x character to the general audience. They may not make Charles his father at all (it could confuse people and tie it too much to the movies which the show is trying to avoid). I think their idea is to make it a self contained story so I wouldn't expect much if any tie ins with other aspects of the x universe.

Those kinda of expectations seem to get people really disappointed in the shows and movies imo.
    I get that, but I suppose I just don't see the point of marketing it as an X-spinoff if they're not going to reference anything from David's history in the comics.

BANNED

I get that, but I suppose I just don't see the point of marketing it as an X-spinoff if they're not going to reference anything from David's history in the comics.
    and at that point it stops being a comic book television show and just becomes another riverdale...a show inspired by a comic book that has nothing to do with the comic book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    and at that point it stops being a comic book television show and just becomes another riverdale...a show inspired by a comic book that has nothing to do with the comic book
    I thought "Riverdale" was supposed to be a spin-off of the "Archie's Weird Mysteries" cartoon...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-18-2017 at 12:50 PM.

That's kind of how I feel. Not sure what the point is in making it an X-Universe show if it's not going to tie into the already existing X-Universe, and if it's just going to use a bunch of made up characters with no comic book precedent.

But I also understand why they may want to do a slow burn of any connections to the movies, and why episode 2 would be way too early to reveal Xavier as David's father. Right now, they could be playing David's nameless father up as a step father / adoptive father figure, and leave a possible Xavier reveal for later.

I suppose until we get more tie in with the comics or films (if ever), they just wanted to use the mutant metaphor for minorities, and tats the extent of it being an x show. It's a metaphor that could definitely hit home for a lot of viewers my guess is that so far they are ore concerned with capturing the idea of having powers and being feared than being faithful to any material like movies or comics.

I do agree with you though. I'm just trying to enjoy it for what it is. Basically a show with superpowers and the mutant metaphor. Not really xmen per se just the xmen concept.

The more I think about it, the more I like he idea of it being set in the pre-dofp time period.

Nah, I like Legion to be in it's own self contained universe. Making connection with movies just seems pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Nah, I like Legion to be in it's own self contained universe. Making connection with movies just seems pointless to me.
    Agreed.