Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deathstroke #5 Preview

Last edited by adrikito; 10-22-2016 at 01:35 AM.

BANNED

Easily my most anticipated book of the coming week.

Cool. Could do with out Damian saying "poseur" though.

(Sigh). I hate when Newsarama gets exclusive previews now .

Amazing Member

Looks like this is going to be another good issue. BTW the preview layout Newsarama is just awful.

I am loving what Christopher Priest is doing with Deathstroke and Rose !!!!!
    The characters and stories are over the top fantastic.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am loving what Christopher Priest is doing with Deathstroke and Rose !!!!!
    The characters and stories are over the top fantastic.

I could not agree more! I picked up #4 almost by mistake and after reading it, I am collecting the Deathstroke series. The plot is fantastic - mystery, action, foreshadowing, flashbacks... and the character development is sooo good - Slade, Wintergreen and Rose are all perfect!

I was very apprehensive about a Judas Contract re-write, but after seeing what Priest has to offer, I have completely flipped to now eagerly awaiting his version of the Judas Contract!

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by lameco View Post
    Newsarama is just awful.

tenchar
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

So good.

The only thing about this series I dislike is that it makes me think what a damn shame it was that Priest was away from comics for so long. Not his fault, I know. DC and Marvel are dummies.

can't wait. deathstroke is one of the best books out there

Surprised there hasn't been any discussion about this issue. This series continues to be the series I look most forward to on every 'B' week. The issue was again witty, but it was also interesting to see Deathstroke getting into Batman's head.

Slightly confused by the ending though.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 10-26-2016 at 05:37 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Damian's dialogue and voice was off, if still relatively in-character, and Batman under Priest is...interesting.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Holy ****, I want Priest to write all the things!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Fantastic issue. Love every bit of dialogue again, I'll take a battle of wits this good any day. Damian when he's a huge ass is so much fun, that jab about Joseph was so good.

Felt bad for Rose all issue, and next one will probably feel even worse.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Damian's dialogue and voice was off, if still relatively in-character, and Batman under Priest is...interesting.
    I liked this Batman, since he kind of had the attitude you'd expect him to have when pitted against the Deathstroke that Preist is writing; taking down Deathstroke simply requires too much work and resources for such a great risk, but he can still be opposed in other ways.

But yeah, Damian sounded a bit too modern. I liked his arrogance, cause that's Damian, without a doubt, but he should always seem a bit posh and formal, even when in full Batbrat mode. He's the kind of guy who would imply many serious transgressions against your female progenitor, but would never call her your "mommy."
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP