Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

My favorite thing about the issue was how it established Ginger Wally as the heart, Barry as the brain, and Nu Wally as the rookie of the Flash Family. The dynamic was effortlessly set up in a single issue, which makes me even more frustrated that Scott Snyder still can't set up his personal creations properly.

I think that with Jay as the wise veteran hero, and Bart as a hyperactive powerhouse, the Speedsters can be an even better superhero Family than the Bat-Family even. Since they wouldn't be as bloated or derivative.

Extraordinary Member

Its really interesting that this issue set up that Wally returning was something that "the manipulator" aka Dr. Manhattan didn't want. It might actually give credence to the notion that Abra Kadabra was made to believe that he erased Wally, but in reality, it was something or someone else. Maybe the "New 52 history" of Wally West is something that's only been fabricated to deal with his unexpected return to the timeline. I wonder if they're gonna play that up as Rebirth goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Its really interesting that this issue set up that Wally returning was something that "the manipulator" aka Dr. Manhattan didn't want. It might actually give credence to the notion that Abra Kadabra was made to believe that he erased Wally, but in reality, it was something or someone else. Maybe the "New 52 history" of Wally West is something that's only been fabricated to deal with his unexpected return to the timeline. I wonder if they're gonna play that up as Rebirth goes on.
    It's pretty much what it always was. In DC Rebirth Wally's memories are pre-flashpoint and ends at flashpoint.The moment he's out of SF, Barry gives us his new origin, where he's older than he was in the initial flashback.

Speed Force obviously protected Wally, that's one thing Manhattan can't mess with. She tried to put Wally and later went to his cousin to get "the closest replacement". SF will probably play a huge part in negating Manhattan's God-like powers too. We'll probably get the full scope of SF's influence in the next issue of Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Maybe the "New 52 history" of Wally West is something that's only been fabricated to deal with his unexpected return to the timeline.
    In Titans Hunt (set slightly before DCU Rebirth) the original Titans learn that there were 10 Teen Titans who fought Mister Twister, but can only account for 9. That's when they realised someone was missing.

I just realized...when Barry went nuts he said he lost both parents! Whut, his dad is ALIVE in current continuity. Something weird is going on. You have to wonder why he went bizarro this time with the visions. When it happened before he just got a headache.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Loved the signal for the return of Jay, absolutely hated the art
    I have no beef with Vegans

The interactions between the Wallues was good, but otherwise very much a filler issue to me.

Oh I do so hope when the Shade appears in #10 he is written as Robinson would of done it. I know he used to be a Flash villain way back in the day, but hopefull doesnt ignore any of the Starman / New 52 series continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    The interactions between the Wallues was good, but otherwise very much a filler issue to me.

Oh I do so hope when the Shade appears in #10 he is written as Robinson would of done it. I know he used to be a Flash villain way back in the day, but hopefull doesnt ignore any of the Starman / New 52 series continuity.
    Williamson has mentioned in interviews that he wants to be as true to what Robinson did with the character as possible .

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue. A lot of emotion in it.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Great issue. I loved that this issue slowed things down and took time to explore the characters and their relationships.

The Flash is the book that suffered the most when they removed the legacy element. I remember being crushed that they never really played with it, even in the short time between Barry's return and Flashpoint. There were rumors of a Flash family book and then...nothing.

Anyway, really look forward to re-establishing the Flash family--and embracing its newest member.

can someone help me out with this family tree?

william west (grandpa, used to be named ira west)

iris west (sister to daniel west and rudy west, aunt to the wallies)

daniel west (brother of iris west and rudy west, uncle to white wally, claimed uncle to black wally, FATHER to black wally)

rudy west (brother of iris west and daniel west, father to white wally, ASSUMED father of black wally, UNCLE to black wally)

thanks,

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    can someone help me out with this family tree?

william west (grandpa, used to be named ira west)

iris west (sister to daniel west and rudy west, aunt to the wallies)

daniel west (brother of iris west and rudy west, uncle to white wally, claimed uncle to black wally, FATHER to black wally)

rudy west (brother of iris west and daniel west, father to white wally, ASSUMED father of black wally, UNCLE to black wally)

thanks,
    That's pretty much it. what's your doubt?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    I just realized...when Barry went nuts he said he lost both parents! Whut, his dad is ALIVE in current continuity. Something weird is going on. You have to wonder why he went bizarro this time with the visions. When it happened before he just got a headache.
    His dad was in jail most of his life. In affect he had no father.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    That's pretty much it. what's your doubt?
    just making sure i have it right. who is black wally's mom?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I really liked the story here and the reveal at the end but the art left something to be desired.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG