Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    This is not good. These companies keep merging into each other.
    CorpoGov frowns on your negativity, Consumer 0014378211.

Quote Originally Posted by Talkinghead22 View Post
    Charter bought Time Warner Cable the cable television and internet service provider/telecom company. They did not buy the company AT&T may buy: Time Warner Inc (The media company that owns IP like DC along with film studios...etc). Warner has shed numerous parts over the past few years. So essentially all AT&T is buying is a media company. All this talk of monopoly and oligopoly does not apply.
    I was hoping Fox would buy them to make the X-men movie license situation even more awkward.
    Ah, true, the oligopoly wouldn't quite apply. Though we are looking at a continual consolidation among the biggest corporations, so on a macro-scale it might still be a consideration. That's mostly guesswork on my end though; I study business but dont follow these large companies too closely. I should, but just dont have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    ha!!! I think you win the thread.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Huh, I thought CorpoGov still used binary...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Huh, I thought CorpoGov still used binary...
    That's what they want you to think......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ah, true, the oligopoly wouldn't quite apply. Though we are looking at a continual consolidation among the biggest corporations, so on a macro-scale it might still be a consideration. That's mostly guesswork on my end though; I study business but dont follow these large companies too closely. I should, but just dont have the time.

ha!!! I think you win the thread.
    Time warner is already an oligopoly structure. The take over is basically 2 oligopolies from different industries merging.

BANNED

Yeah now they can make their own content instead of selling other peoples. Of course I am glad I am a cable cutter so them controlling more tv doesn't affect me.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If this deal goes through, does anyone have any idea what long term (if any) affect this would have on DC properties? I know Warners has been a lot more hands on with DC these days then they've been in the past. By the sound of it, the print side of things really doesn't interest them. Which begs the question: Are they going to keep the print end still going and for how long?
    Assassinate Putin!

This site needs a thumbs up button.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Preview for Trinity #12:

Superman: You're right, Batman! AT&T DOES have much better coverage than Verizon and all the other carriers!

Batman: It's true! And now, with their special offer, you can get a free iPhone 8 when you sign up for the Complete Bundle Deal!

Wonder Woman: Wow! You'd have to be a villain to turn down that deal!
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

I worry about what will happen to dc to
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Extraordinary Member

Even Donald Trump has acknowledged that this is likely to create a virtual monopoly....

So, uh, yeah. This just got real.

FWIW, I just heard on NPR today that the merger cannot go through without government regulatory permission. Make of that what you will.

Fantastic Member

will dc be the new marvel
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

All-New Member

It would have been monopolizing if Disney tried too by TW. Been that they are one of if the biggest entertainment giant in the world. Who already own Marvel and such.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    FWIW, I just heard on NPR today that the merger cannot go through without government regulatory permission. Make of that what you will.
    Both Democrats and Republicans dislike the deal, so the merger will have a hard time becoming reality.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!