View Poll Results: who is the beloved mutant who returning to lead the x-men?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolverine (616 Logan)

8 6.72%
  • Old Cyclops

39 32.77%
  • Old jean

35 29.41%
  • Xavier

29 24.37%
  • Other

8 6.72%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default who is the beloved mutant who returning to lead the x-men?

If I say, “A beloved X-Man returns and will lead the X-Men into the future,” who will readers think I’m talking about?
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/26906/...#ixzz4Nm2HnKYF

I hope it's Cyclops. Xavier coming back really doesn't do much for me.. and I don't think him being alive does much for the X-Men anymore either. I doubt it'll be Jean.

I'm hoping it's Prof X. Not exactly a beloved of mine, but it seems to me that the X-Men started their downward spiral when Scott kicked him out of his own house. Things would feel more stable with him back.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I hope it's Cyclops. Xavier coming back really doesn't do much for me.. and I don't think him being alive does much for the X-Men anymore either. I doubt it'll be Jean.
    I have no problems with a lap of Xavier but instead was given in UA, which are trying to recover his brain,, and not return to be leader of the x-men, no more... I would like Xavier to stay in UA, he knows work with the avengers and would be nice to see him again with Rogue.

I kinda hope its not someone being brought back from the dead and it a character who we haven't seen in a while and has been in limbo. However if I did have to choose from the dead id probably pick Jean or Cyclops

I'm hoping 616 Jean returns... but Jean fans always live in that (ugh) hope. Still not completely convinced 616 Cyclops is really dead but we'll see. After years of lies, mind wipes, and enslaving sentient beings, Xavier had to go. It would be interesting having Xavier back to see how being inside the Red Skull has affected him, and how he deals with the dawn of a new age of hope for mutants. Would he make the same douche mistakes for his dream?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Butter Rum.

BANNED

I think it's a time of peace and stability, I don't know how will cyclops fare in such times...
    And I don't see anything beloved about Xavier
    Jean is more universally beloved but her existence neuters the role of her younger self
    Logan returning would undermine X 23 and OML
    So my best bets are Xavier or Cyclops... Wich would make for interesting reunions

is it Maggot? i hope its Maggot?

Wolverine or Xavier. It is one of them. No way will they bring back the real Jean with them pushing Teen Jean, and Cyclops is looked at as Hitler right now in the MU and among the X-Men. So I don't think beloved fits him in the eyes of the creators and editors.

Spectacular Member

I think both Scott and Jean will come back. Phoenix will come in during IvX and bring him back to life or rewrite history or something.

Also, my personal theory is that Gold is consisting of Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, Kitty, Rachel, and a revived Cyclops. (He shows up a fair amount in the teaser image, no actual proof other than that)

Whereas blue team is Both the O5 as well as Adult Warren, Bobby, Hank, and a revived Jean. Just my personal theory.

Mighty Member

Hopefully it will be Jean, past time that she returns to the fold. But I would take anyone over Cyclops, I hope the days of undisputed/unquestioned/unchallenged supreme leader Cyclops is over. Enough of the xmen being mindless lackeys.

BANNED

It's obviously Sunder, guys. Geez.

BANNED

I'm going with Xavier, but with one big asterisk on it: He needs to come back more like Movie Xavier, in that he's ACTUALLY someone worthy of respect and veneration. Knock it the frell off with "the really truly worstest ever deepest darkest secret of Charles Xavier" crap Marvel keeps trotting out.

Charles, Scott, Jean, or Logan.

I love Logan, but I don't think he's worthy of leading the X-Men. I would accept Charles only if they actually give him a role and not make him wallpaper like he has been the past several years. Jean is a great candidate and her presence would do wonders for the X-Men-- both in-story and for fans. However, my bias is for Scott. Even though he has gone down a darker road, everything he did was for mutants and the X-Men (no matter the means).

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella