View Poll Results: who is the beloved mutant who returning to lead the x-men?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolverine (616 Logan)

8 6.72%
  • Old Cyclops

39 32.77%
  • Old jean

35 29.41%
  • Xavier

29 24.37%
  • Other

8 6.72%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Imho, "Beloved" is a weird adjective to apply to most of the suggested characters. Liked, loved, popular, fan favorite, etc... ok but beloved?

Wow...reading that and with all the announcements next year is gonna be a good time to be an x-fan...which hasnt seemed true in a while.

I'm hoping Cyclops, but someone else who said it's not War Times so idk what that would look like. On point.

I honestly don't know who it's going to be, and that's fun.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Oh and I'm super psyched for a new Cable book. I was a hardcore fan but drifted off around the Hopeless run. I wonder if Hope will be a round
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    Wow...reading that and with all the announcements next year is gonna be a good time to be an x-fan...which hasnt seemed true in a while.

I'm hoping Cyclops, but someone else who said it's not War Times so idk what that would look like. On point.

I honestly don't know who it's going to be, and that's fun.
    Actually he has lead the X men in the past plenty of times, the difference is that his skills as a leader truly shone during the last 10 years of decimations and extinctions.

I'm sure leadership won't be that important at least until the next crisis

Either one does it for me. She was the heart of the X-men and he was its soul. It hasnt been the same for quite sometime without them

I'm hoping and praying that adult Cyclops returns. However, hasn't Marvel gone on record to say that there currently aren't any plans to use adult Cyclops' character post-IvX?

If so, that's what makes me believe that it won't be adult Scott.
    Last edited by DrMindbender122; 10-22-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I'd love for it to be adult Cyclops and Jean both. Send the time displaced O5 back.

BANNED

Jean. I'd like to see her come back and everyone looking at her with rose tinted glasses, so they don't see the signs of her going down a darker path.

Give me all of the above! I hope the 05 returning to their timeline is the catalyst for resurextion and we get A continuity cleansing. I know that's high hopes but then I would have told you the same about a big X-men push like this.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My guess is Charles. Could be Jean or Wolverine I guess but Charles is my prediction. As for Scott, although he clearly has his fans I'm not sure he counts as a ''beloved'' character in Marvel's eyes.

BANNED

I voted Wolverine. I don't care if he leads the x-men or not, but i want him to resurrect and have a solo book again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMindbender122 View Post
    I'm hoping and praying that adult Cyclops returns. However, hasn't Marvel gone on record to say that there currentlyrics aren't any plans to use adult Cyclops' character post-IvX?

If so, that's what makes me believe that it won't be adult Scott.
    If they are trying to keep his return a surprise, thats exactly what they would say

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I voted Wolverine. I don't care if he leads the x-men or not, but i want him to resurrect and have a solo book again.
    This
    -----------

I'd guess Cyclops, it's almost always him these days.

You might think I'm nuts, but I'm going to go way, way, way, way, way out on a limb and say it's Carol. Way back in UXM# 171, dated July 1983. Rogue asks "Will she (Carol/Binary) be back?" Kurt Answers: "In her own time, perhaps, Fraulein--when the hurt is less." (I know, 34 years is a long time to wait for a return, but given the movie that is coming out...)