Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Tim Miller Drops Out of Deadpool 2

Tim Miller left due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds

http://deadline.com/2016/10/deadpool...ox-1201841001/

This sucks.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This is very disappointing, since I think both Miller and Reynolds together were a big part of the reason Deadpool ended up becoming so successful, so having Miller bow out over creative conflicts with Reynolds is not a positive sign for Deadpool 2 .

Fantastic Member

lets hope it doesn't reach gambits level of troubled production

Fox should take Pedro Almodóvar up on his offer.

BANNED

Meh

Seems like the only stuff he's really done outside of Deadpool is creating the title sequences for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Thor: The Dark World.

Also, Reynolds' performance is what made Deadpool such a fun experience. It was about as shallow as it gets in the plot and character development department.

Anywho, we'll see how it goes.

P.S.

Isn't Miller the guy who was pushing the coach from Friday Night Lights as Cable? Fuck that. Ron Perlman should've been cast as soon as the 2nd movie was greenlit.

Sounds like Studio Executive Stupidity is starting to take its toll already.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Sounds like Studio Executive Stupidity is starting to take its toll already.
    No, it sounds like the lead and the director didn't see eye to eye on the film. It happens.

simbo must be all broken up about it.

I wonder what was the dispute about.

But just hire a low-cost crazy funny/edgy director for the sequel.

BANNED

Well that is just ungrateful Ryan. Granted I don't like Chandler as Cable myself. Lang or bust to my mind. Or heck Ron Pearlman..
    That said nothing in Ryan's Resume of Flops suggest to me that he deserves this much creative control over a product. I agree he was integral part of making Deadpool awesome especially on the marketing end. But full creative control in his hands scares me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well that is just ungrateful Ryan. Granted I don't like Chandler as Cable myself. Lang or bust to my mind. Or heck Ron Pearlman..
    That said nothing in Ryan's Resume of Flops suggest to me that he deserves this much creative control over a product. I agree he was integral part of making Deadpool awesome especially on the marketing end. But full creative control in his hands scares me to death.
    I like Chandler a lot but if this is what canned Miller, it's a good thing. Like you said, it needs someone like Lang or Pearlman. I just saw The 13 Hour and there was this big dude that would fit the bill too. Others are Mickey Rourke, Liam Neason, Ray Stevenson, Clancy Brown.

Think making a nice looking movie on a cheap bidget is what miller brought to the first movie. The story and cinematography were pretty straight forward. Ryan Reynolds is that movie. He owned almost every shot of that movie. What miller did with colossus and other stuff on that small budget is what the real loss is gonna be. But he cant be the only director who can work miracles with a small budget. Plus the next director will no doubt get a bigger budget anyway.

That's too bad. I thought Deadpool was a great movie and I was really looking forward to the sequel with the same director and actor coming. The good thing is, Ryan Reynolds is still on board. The bad thing is, Tim Miller did a miraculous job with such a tight budget and he won't be back. As it was mentioned, the new director will have a bigger budget to work with so he or she will not be hamstrung by it.

The only thing I am hoping happens for sure is they cast Cable right. If Cable ends up being Stephen Lang or Kyle Chandler, I will find it rather disappointing.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

he really wants Kiera Knightly as Cable doesn't he? In all seriousness though, this is bad news.

Being one of those who thought the movie succeeded in spite of Ryan, this is bad news to me. He really needs a director who will stand up to him and reign in his idiocy. Or else you get the Green Lantern movie.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.