Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    simbo must be all broken up about it.

I wonder what was the dispute about.

But just hire a low-cost crazy funny/edgy director for the sequel.
    Reports are they had two different visions for the direction of the sequel. Miller wanted to focus more attention n stylization, Reynolds wanted a greater focus on crazy comedy. At least that's what I read. Reynolds also didn't want Friday Night Lights as Cable, and after Deadpool apparently his contract gives him stuff like casting approval.

Seems theirs a petition for Tarantino to do it. Even with entertainment sites picking up on that it seems nobody, not one movie nerd blog or entertainment site, has picked up on Tarantino's favorite director working right now (and friend? I don't know, they seem to know each other) wanting to do Deadpool 2 along with Tarantino.

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    Reports are they had two different visions for the direction of the sequel. Miller wanted to focus more attention n stylization, Reynolds wanted a greater focus on crazy comedy. At least that's what I read. Reynolds also didn't want Friday Night Lights as Cable, and after Deadpool apparently his contract gives him stuff like casting approval.

Seems theirs a petition for Tarantino to do it. Even with entertainment sites picking up on that it seems nobody, not one movie nerd blog or entertainment site, has picked up on Tarantino's favorite director working right now (and friend? I don't know, they seem to know each other) wanting to do Deadpool 2 along with Tarantino.
    Petitions are stupid and change.org is stupid. Tarantino is never directing Deadpool 2, and a change.org petition with a measly amount of digital signatures wouldn't cause it to happen either. It's not worth reporting on such hot garbage.

All-New Member The Purple Pile Driver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I like Chandler a lot but if this is what canned Miller, it's a good thing. Like you said, it needs someone like Lang or Pearlman. I just saw The 13 Hour and there was this big dude that would fit the bill too. Others are Mickey Rourke, Liam Neason, Ray Stevenson, Clancy Brown.
    What about the former wrestler Kevin Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Pile Driver View Post
    He's a terrible choice for Cable.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The details of the split between Miller and Reynolds.
    http://www.thewrap.com/inside-the-de...ferent-movies/

Miller wanted the sequel to be a big budget movie to compete with the other superhero movies.

Amazing Member

I am sad that Miller is leaving, but if all the information is true, then it doesn't bother me as much.

One of the strengths of the movie, is that it is a crazy comedy and they only had a limited budget.

I loved the fact that due to budget restrictions, they had to come up with way to make it cheaper like the fact that Deadpool forgot his bag of guns in the taxi.

It doesn't need to compete with the others movies, and also Reynolds has a good grasp on the character and i'm not surprised that after spending a decade trying to get this movie made, and after the succces that he got some more producing decisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The details of the split between Miller and Reynolds.
    http://www.thewrap.com/inside-the-de...ferent-movies/

Miller wanted the sequel to be a big budget movie to compete with the other superhero movies.
    Uh...the first one didn't compete?

It's sort of a confusing statement. Miller's first film made more domestically than both Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman, all released in the same year. I mean Dawn of Justice came out only a little over a month later. It did better domestically and worldwide than X-Men: Apocalypse too.

Maybe it means he just wanted a bigger budget to make it larger scale like those films. Considering Deadpool already is "competing" with them.

EDIT:

This is from Tim Miller's own mouth in March 2016:

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/20/tim-...-sequel-cable/

"I don't think bigger is better," Miller said. "You tell a story that's organic to the character. Deadpool's world doesn't mean you have to go bigger. I don't think the fans of the movie like it because we had big effects." He thinks fans embraced Deadpool because "it had a lot of heart" and "had a lot of humor," as well as action and "a main character that's different than anything else that was out there." For him, going bigger with Deadpool "wouldn't be honest to who he is and why people like him."
    Last edited by TheVileOne; 10-26-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Pile Driver View Post
    He would break a knee at the first action scene. dude is too tall too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Well that is just ungrateful Ryan. Granted I don't like Chandler as Cable myself. Lang or bust to my mind. Or heck Ron Pearlman..
    That said nothing in Ryan's Resume of Flops suggest to me that he deserves this much creative control over a product. I agree he was integral part of making Deadpool awesome especially on the marketing end. But full creative control in his hands scares me to death.
    The first movie got made for one reason. Ryan Reynolds. He fought tooth and nail for this movie and was out promoting it more than any other actor I have ever scene. To say he is ungrateful is just total nonsense. He wanted to stick to what worked in the 1st move while it sounds like Miller wanted to go in a totally different direction which would have been a very bad move. I stand with Reynolds on this one. He was one of the Producers on the 1st one too.