Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Can't wait to see the X-men Blue and Gold books be Marvel's bestsellers
    Agreed. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    There was a reddit leak which said that the relationship between Marvel and Fox had improved, with Marvel authorizing the use of a helicarrier in Deadpool. It goes on to say that Marvel made a deal with Fox to revamp (not reboot?) and map out Fox's X-men universe going forward, in return for the film rights to the Fantastic Four, but Fox will keep the X-men. This same leak revealed the plot behind Avengers Infinity War. It listed all of the characters that would show up, but Spider-man was missing from that list. Cue a month later and there is news that Tom Holand says that his appearance in Infinity War is up in the air...... smoke/fire? or nothing at all? I don't know. Here's a link to scroll through though. https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...n_marvel_leak/
    So basically Fox give two things to Marvel and get none? Funny. I smell that smelly smell.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    So basically Fox give two things to Marvel and get none? Funny. I smell that smelly smell.
    If there is any truth to that leak rumor then what are the two things that Fox gave to Marvel in return for nothing? I just count Fantastic Four in return for help producing X-men films.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's an interesting idea and one that's not as impossible as it was a few years ago. While I think it's unlikely that a deal to share film rights with Fox has already been reached, I think there's enough chatter going around to hint that both sides are talking. By both sides, I mean the higher ups at Fox and the higher ups at Marvel Entertainment. Marvel Studios is a separate entity now that Marvel Entertainment does not control in any capacity. That is the biggest shift in terms of how Marvel deals with Fox now and I think it's going to show more and more down the line.

As I've said in the Complex thread, the split between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios was a huge turning point. It's hard to overstate just how big a deal that is because it effectively took something from Marvel Entertainment that they helped build. The collective trust of Alan Fine, Isaac Pearlmutter, and Joe Quesada had a major hand in creating Marvel Studios. Now, it has been taken away from them and now Kevin Feige's operation. I think that was a huge blow in terms of Marvel Entertainment's influence. The movies were a big part of what helped Marvel rise to such prominence. Now they don't have any control over it anymore. That's a huge blow and one I doubt sits well with anyone in Marvel Entertainment.

Enter Fox, a company that has had mixed luck with its movies and TV properties lately. Marvel Entertainment still has significant say over what happens in a Fox-produced Marvel movie. When you see the opening credits of a Fox movie, it says "In association with Marvel Entertainment" and not Marvel Studios. That means Marvel Entertainment still has relationships and connections to Fox properties. Some have contributed to Fox movies like X-men. Some, like Jeph Loeb and Joe Quesada, have even written for X-men in the past. They can't make Marvel movies anymore, but they can work with Fox. That gives them an incentive to develop X-men and F4 in a way they never had while they were still tied to Marvel Studios. Tom Brevoort flat out admitted that Marvel had a keen interest in developing properties to which they owned the sole rights and control over. Well, they have no control over Marvel Studios anymore, even if they have the rights. They may not have the rights to X-men and F4, but they do have control. The incentives to build bridges is definitely there.

On top of this, Fox just failed spectacularly with their latest F4 movie. Other than Deadpool, Fox's success has been limited at best. They need help from Marvel and Marvel needs them. Legion may be the first step in sharing resources. If it's a success, we'll see more like it. I doubt this means we'll see the X-men show up in any Avengers movies anytime soon, but it does bode well for TV and hopefully cartoons.
    This, bar some line in the last paragraph, is actually makes more sense.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    If there is any truth to that leak rumor then what are the two things that Fox gave to Marvel in return for nothing? I just count Fantastic Four in return for help producing X-men films.
    I don't think Marvel would want to help producing X-men films then get nothing from it. They atleast must want more from the movies profit and/or merchandise sale. So then it basically Fox give 2 and get none.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I don't think Marvel would want to help producing X-men films then get nothing from it. They atleast must want more from the movies profit and/or merchandise sale. So then it basically Fox give 2 and get none.
    So maybe fox offered them a bigger cut (10%) and good deal of the toys money, while fox would get merchandise and presence in video games and cartoons (marvel gets their cut too). I think the best marvel can recieve is the good publicity, they'd say they're working with marvel (comics) to write the movies and those normies and shills that say "itz notz laik da comicz" will shut their traps.

Imagine marvel saying that they're co producing and writing the next F4 movie for fox, fox gets the good will of the normies and marvel gets a bigger cut, fox gets their franchise and marvel gets to make toys that they can profit from

Though I admit it isn't likely, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't wondered this over the past week as news has come in.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Correct me If I'm wrong but at the NYCC Legion panel weren't people from both Fox and Marvel there and stating that they were in fact creating "bridges" so its probably possible

How ironic and meta that Legion might be part of the glue that helped put the fractured and lost X-Men comics back together again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I mean, before the RessurXion they had 3 team books, before that they had like 5, now maybe they have 4?
    It was 4 before RessurXion,not 3.
    You are forgetting X-Men '92.
    It's is still around by the way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuisPD View Post
    Now with the comics writters and Perlmutter kicked from Marvel Studios, and the TV side of Marvel finally realizing that the movies will never acknowledge anything from the TV shows,
    That's not true.
    Here some info about that.

Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is “Inevitable”

Marvel Cinematic Universe movies will reference the TV shows... eventually
    Daredevil and Jessica Jones could one day become new Avengers.
    Maybe.Marvel Studios top dog Kevin Feige has given the biggest
    indication yet that its various TV series will be referenced in the
    movies. Eventually.Despite some very important plot developments going
    on in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (Inhumans and the like), the ABC
    series has been neglected by the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far, but
    this could change soon.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-ave...ws-eventually/
    Marvel Movies Referencing TV Shows ‘Inevitable’ Says Kevin Feige
    S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson is still alive in the Marvel Cinematic
    Universe after his seemingly untimely demise in 2012’s The Avengers
    and the secretive organization that he now runs still operates after
    the crushing events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Coulson’s
    team assists The Avengers; meanwhile, Inhumans are surfacing across
    the globe with superpowers and more and more vigilante superheroes are
    emerging in Hell’s Kitchen, New York.
    All of these important events are happening but none of them are being
    addressed in the connected Marvel Studios movies – at least not yet.
    It was one of the more notable issues with Avengers: Age of Ultron and
    certainly a point of contention for its writer and director Joss
    Whedon who was very vocal about some of the obstacles he faced in
    developing the Avengers sequel and the MCU’s first television program,
    in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Speaking at an event last night to celebrate the in-home release of
    Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige – now the top boss at Marvel
    Studios – admitted that the TV shows will have an increased role and
    will be referenced more in the movies down the road.
    “I think that’s inevitable at some point as we’re plotting the
    movies going forward and they’re doing the shows.”
    With Phase 3 Marvel Studios has had a clear plan from the beginning,
    one that was flexible based on whether or not they could gain the
    rights to certain characters (i.e. Spider-Man). They know the
    production schedule and release slate from now until summer 2019 and
    with that in mind they can plan ahead in deciding which Marvel TV
    properties they desire to pull over.

To date, it’s been a challenge to take advantage of the TV stuff
    partly due to the scheduling of these productions. TV episodes are
    made relatively quickly and can react to the larger events of the
    films, which in turn must enter development far before they release in
    theaters. As Feige put it:
    “It’s easier for them. They’re more nimble and faster and produce
    things quicker than we do, which is one of the main reasons you see
    the repercussions of Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron in the show.
    Going forward and certainly as they begin to do more shows and cast
    them with such great actors as they have — particularly Daredevil —
    that that may occur. A lot of it is by the time we start doing a
    movie, they’d be midway through a season; by the time it comes out
    they’d be done with the second, starting the third season. Finding
    timing on that is not always easy.”
    We interviewed Kevin Feige while he was promoting the theatrical
    release of Avengers: Age of Ultron back in April, the same week
    Daredevil released on Netflix. At the time, he said there had been
    discussions with the TV division and its head Jeph Loeb and that the
    plan would be to establish these TV show characters and their origins
    first – and then find out where they could make appearances in the
    films.

Before that, when unveiling the Phase 3 schedule at a fan and media
    event in October 2014, Feige spoke during a Q&A briefly about the
    Netflix shows and said there are opportunities for crossovers – but
    reiterated that his own interests and focus is strictly on the films.
    That’s been an ongoing issue we’ve reported on since the beginning of
    ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since we know the film creatives pretty
    much ignore its existence. Joss Whedon, who created it and helemd
    Avengers 1 and 2, even said Marvel didn’t want him to do the show and
    we know from our own chats with the writers, producers and directors
    of Ant-Man, Captain America 2 & 3, Thor 2, etc. that they don’t even
    watch the series.
    Knowing that, the TV characters and stories aren’t – or at least,
    haven’t been to date – in their minds when planning ahead, but things
    are beginning to change thanks to the critical success of Daredevil.
    We can argue that Marvel TV was better than the Phase 2 films. With
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s season 3 premiere earning much praise last
    night, and continuing to improve in quality and in its relevance in
    the MCU, there’s still a chance some of these characters would one day
    make an appearance in the movies even if it’s a minimal cameo.
    We wouldn’t be surprised that like the comics, some of the TV
    characters eventually serve as Avengers. Netflix’s Defenders
    characters (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist) all
    fit the bill and even on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. we’re seeing potential
    Avengers in Quake (Chloe Bennet), Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki) and
    Deathlok (J. August Richards). And it doesn’t just apply to the
    heroes. When asked if someone like Kingpin (Vincent D’Onforio) could
    make for a good Spider-Man movie villain, Feige responded with “That
    would probably be the cool thing to do.”
    Are you hoping to see more crossover between the films and TV shows?
    What Marvel TV characters deserve movie appearances?
    or
    Kevin Feige Says a Crossover Between the Marvel TV Shows and Films Is
    “Inevitable”
    http://collider.com/marvel-tv-show-c...e-kevin-feige/

by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one. Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).
    And regarding this whole Marvel TV/film thing... WHY would the Marvel movies refer to the Netflix ones? The films deal with larger scale threats, so random crime lord's real estate plans I doubt crop up on the Avengers' radar. And Kilgrave is very easy to dismiss as a hoax, especially given how he went about erasing his existence. And that's not even getting into how weird it'd be to just bring these events up out of nowhere. Sure, I feel there were SOME slip-ups (I think a quick reference in Civil War would've been nice), but the point of the Netflix series is to be a part of the MCU, but to be THEIR OWN part of the MCU. The part where smaller things can be a bigger deal and they can behead people with car doors.
    http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=513609&page=5

by belltown213-0-557076

There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoxon View Post
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films. Hopefully they can work this out by the time the Inhumans movie drops (likely 2021, judging by Feige's recent comments at Comic Con), so they can at least make a slight nod to the Inhumans outside of Attilan.

Back on-topic, any expectations for Inhumans vs. X-Men? As for me, I'm pretty sure Marvel knows that they can't outright cancel the X-Books without painting a gigantic target on their backs. So while I could see the X-Men taking a huge hit from this event, they won't be completely dismantled.

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies
    The Marvel Television chief explains how the films and TV shows fit together, and why the Netflix characters haven't popped up more in the movies.
    Full article here.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...he-movies-2016

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Nope, hell I don't even know if the buy will happen... If trump wins he's probably gonna stop it
    That deal has a lot going against it - if the Senate flips I doubt the two leaders on the left (likely Sanders and Warren) would be in favor either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's another very good reason that Ike Perlmutter seems to have lost his influence. He's on the verge of getting kicked out of the company.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...r-loses-938955
    Sounds like bringing the company into disrepute to me.
    I didn't hear about this. If this actually happens, then that would be a massive shake-up the likes of which Marvel hasn't endured since the Disney merger. It would affect Marvel from top to bottom, from the comics to the movies. One of the primary reasons Kevin Feige wanted to break Marvel Studios away from Marvel Entertainment (that we know about) is that he no longer wanted to report to Pearlmutter. If Pearlmutter is no longer in the picture, then what does that do to this new dynamic? What does it do to Marvel's current policies surrounding its comics, cartoons, and merchandise? It's difficult to speculate, but it would be pretty profound.

It's for that reason that I think it probably won't happen, but it's not impossible. Pearlmutter is too powerful and influential. He's a big reason why the Marvel/Disney merger happened. He's also a big reason why Marvel clawed its way out of bankruptcy. He and his cohorts are too influential and entrenched to just be forced out. It would take a pretty huge scandal or some really bad blood for him to get kicked out. I don't know if this is enough, but the split with Marvel Studios really damaged his credibility and that may only get worse as time goes on.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    That's not true.
    Here some info about that.

So far that is all talk, but there are also news stating how difficult is to make a crossover, the actress of AoS's Quake complaining about the movies not referring that show, the Netflix actors not expecting to be in the movies, etc...

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I long way to go until we know if the X-Men are back in Marvel's good graces but if it does pan out then I think it may be a culmination of things.

1) As much as they have tried, Marvel can’t get Inhumans to “happen”. The fact that the movie is in development hell would indicate they aren’t confident with the franchises mass appeal.
    2) The lukewarm reception to some of the super hero movies’ this year. There could be a genuine fear that the super hero movie fad is about to burst and in this situation neither Fox nor Marvel win. Collaboration may be felt as a necessity for the common good.
    3) Fiege actively working with Kinberg to improve relations. Also the TV collaboration may have gone a long way to mend bridges
    4) The Sony/Marvel deal showed that it is possible to work together and for it to be mutually benifical.
    5) Marvel may be struggling to plot out movies beyond Infinity Wars. A lot of their cast’s contracts will be up, they could really do with some more A listers like the X-Men and Fantastic 4 in phase 4. Also I don’t think Fox knows where to take the X-Men after Logan and Deadpool 2. There has been no talk of plans for a follow up to X-Men Apocalypse and Gambit, X-Force and New Mutants all seem stuck in various stages of development.
    6) The X-Men franchise has refused to die. You can only ignore the market for so long. Disney may have underestimated how iconic the X-Men were and trying to tank them is more detrimental than using them properly.

These are just my thoughts when looking at the picture from the outside.
    L'Enfer !