Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default who's enjoying the current run of Doctor strange by Jason Aaron ?

I'm really enjoying the current Doctor Strange book its really intense , humours and fun ! the current problem with Doctor Strange having hardly any magic really makes things interesting for the Master Of The Mystical Arts !

i have :3
    10chr

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

I'm following the book as a Dr Strange fan, but I haven't really enjoyed it. The whole idea of "destroying" magic bothers me, it seems shortsighted and ignore a lot of characters and concepts that should have been affected if this story is as important as it seems to want to be. Characters/concepts like Black Knight, Juggernaut, all the pantheons, the Darkhold, Ghost Riders, vampires, etc., all are things that this story either wants us to pretend they don't exist or killed/destroyed off panel. This seems like a story that would make more sense out of continuity, not in the Marvel Universe.
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

I like it.

I've never read any Strange solos so the retconing or whatever wouldn't afffect me. I've only seen him in team settings.

from what i've heard of past stories, I can def understand long time fans being disgruntled though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

When it started, I hated it. Now, it's... gotten a tad better. If it continues, I can see it finding its footing.

The issues I read (I think just the first one) I found fun, had a good balence of humor, weirdness and stakes. I'll proabably try to pick it up in the large hardcovers has they come out.

I do feel fans that hated the Magic Tony Stark angle though.

I liked it so far, although the art can be kinda confusing sometimes (although is the usual with Bachalo). But it's an interesting direction to see Strange with his powers heavily affected (all of us know that sooner or later he'll return to his usual power levels).