Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dick and Donna were best friends, after that among the Titans before the 90s I'd argue that Wolfman established Dick as next most closest too Jericho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Dick and Donna were best friends, after that among the Titans before the 90s I'd argue that Wolfman established Dick as next most closest too Jericho.
    I am not sure thats quite accurate, I think Dick was just the only one of the Titans who could do sign-language, initially atleast since Raven also picked it up, which made Joey gravitate towards him automatically. Also Joey had a natual talent as a listner to the troubles of the others.
    In order I'd say his top three closest friends of the Fab Five era were: Donna, then Wally, then possibly Speedy. With NTT added I would have to shoe in Starfire possibly in the 1st or 2nd place... because I don't think Dick is the sort that cant be friends with a girl he nearly marries (Meaning he isn't the sort that treats her as a trophy).

This had flashes of improvements, Nightwing sounded better, and there were some actual team chemistry building, but it all kind of fell flat at the end. So not all bad, but still has a long way to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This had flashes of improvements, Nightwing sounded better, and there were some actual team chemistry building, but it all kind of fell flat at the end. So not all bad, but still has a long way to go.
    I actually thought it was a slight downgrade from the last issue. I agree Dick was better and it was nice seeing an actual team dynamic, but the writing was kind of unnatural compared to issue 3 and some of the characters were a little less defined. So I guess Abnett has all the ingredients for a great Titans run, he just has to learn to use them all at once.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This was okay, probably better than the last few issues even, but the art is continuing to hold this book back and so this one continues to remain at the bottom of my pile. Again I'm liking but not loving this book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Much much better than preview but it still felt like a filler. The end got me hyped though, Wally is about to give us one impressive speed feat again.

Booth is also improving. One of the best books of Rebirth, without a doubt.

Amazing Member

I liked this issue, it was nice to see some team work. And it seems Abnett is preparing us for something spectacular for the next one. However, I've got to say I've never been a big fan of the whole Sophie's Choice trope, especially when you know the hero is going to find a way to save everybody. But I'm still very excited to see how Wally manages to pull it off, it should be quite an impressive feat.

I still don't like Booth's art. It's not bad enough for me to drop the series, but I feel like I should be enjoying it more, and a better artist would really help.

I didn't really like it still read to me to much like a Wally and Titans book sure Dick got couple cool little moment but others did nothing at all, Garth got dropped by arrow how's that work(Atlantean durability) and Roy got beating up by Wonder boy but overall Wally got the most panel time as well cool moments and next issue guess going get very Cool feat, the art was wasn't good at all needs better artist.
    Last edited by zoch; 10-27-2016 at 08:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i've really tried hard to like this book but the bad characterization and weak villain have made it difficult to get excited about. maybe they should have made a "Return of Wally West" mini series separate from the main Titans book.
    Agree across the board. Bad are makes this a triple threat -- and not in a good way!

Astonishing Member

Still liking this, though being just monthly makes it painful because it's a thin story. But I guess the decompressed nature of Titans makes for the big Rebirth reveals to all be structured at a decent pace, so what are ya gonna do? Anyway, four issues and a one-shot, so I am ready for the Kadabra story to be done, but I was pleased actually with just what Kadabra's plan is. I mean Puppet Titans is great for identity/past history resurgence themed henchmen, but ultimately I wanted to know what the heck his plan was beyond "show up, kidnap hero's girlfriend". It makes sense. Important that villain motivations at least make sense. What a weird, insane guy he is, too.

The arc is still very Wally-centric, but after five years of not having Wally, hell with it - Good. That doesn't mean I'm not eager to see it resolved, as usually in a story like this where it's decompressed to be a half-year/six-issue pace, it's the first and last issues of the arc that are the densest, full of intriguing concepts. I can't imagine that won't be true here as well. Sometimes a character or setting preclude that - Abnett for instance ducks that problem in Aquaman just because there's a lot of world-building to be done in Aquaman so there's always something new being introduced.

Can't wait to see how this ends and where it goes from there.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

what is going on with lillith?

every issue that goes by, she seems weak, confused, and just very ineffective.

but her younger doppelgänger seems more fun, more powerful, and quite dangerous.

someone help me figure this out..

Astonishing Member

Now that he's off "Teen Titans", I really want to see Jonboy Meyers take over this - Booth isn't a *bad* artist, but there's a lot here which should look really interesting - an unreconstructed Evil Magician served by evil puppet dopplegangers of the Teen Titans conjuring up deathtrap after deathtrap as Wally bursts with furious speed to save Linda.... But it all just looks so drab.

With identical scripts, but a bit more flair and invention with the art, I think this title would be going down a heck of a lot better.

This arc is taking way too long and it's not particularly engaging. I honestly do not care that much. I'd rather read about the entire team (plus an actual appearance by Bumblebee and Mal) than the adventures of Wally and Linda. They should have made a book about that and let Titans establish its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I thought the ending was pretty suspenseful. Everyone Wally loves is in significant danger and now he has to choose who to save. I liked the issue; it's interesting that Iris should be Wally's lightning rod but she can't. He loves her, but she doesn't know who he is because of the manipulation of time.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

The Titans has all the ingediants of a great franchise. Great characters, strong relationships, a cool rogues gallery but there hasn't been a really good Titans series in almost 30 years. Johns' Teen Titans was great but the adult Titans have rarely found success. So far this new series has landed with a thud. If this was a Wally West book I might view it differently. The Titans' characterization is really off and I've never given a crap about Abra Kadabra. He's always seemed like such a comedic villain. I mean, his name is Abra Kadabra. You'd think if you're launching a new Titans book spinning out of the pages of Rebirth you'd start things off with a more interesting villain. Hell, Wally himself has a lot of more interesting villains.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-02-2016 at 12:17 AM.