Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anis View Post
    I wonder about the same thing. I love the preview but it'd be better if the book is self-contained in case they aren't releasing the next volume..
    From what I've heard, E: Ruby Throne adapts Elric of Melnibone in full, so it is a complete story.

You can pre-order the second volume already. It's adaptation of Stormbringer.

BANNED

How many Elric stories are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    How many Elric stories are there?
    About 15-20 or so. There's the original stories from the '60s: Elric of Melnibone, "The Dreaming City", Sailor on the Seas of Fate, and Stormbringer, plus a few short stories. That's probably the most essential era. Then there's later stories that fit into various periods of continuity. Plus, the comics like Elric: Making of a Sorcerer, Michael Moorcock's Multiverse, and The Balance Lost, all of which count as canon.

If you're looking to read the prose stories, I'd recommend trying to track down the White Wolf omnibuses from the early '90s. They are very thorough throughout the time period, and place the stories chronologically throughout Elric's life. They don't include the latter "Dreamthief's Daughter" trilogy or odds and ends like "Elric at the End of Time", though.

BANNED

Okay i think i wrote my question stupidly: How many Elric stories are there in comic format?

If there's 15-20 comic stories, i'd rather get an Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    From what I've heard, E: Ruby Throne adapts Elric of Melnibone in full, so it is a complete story.

Does anyone know if they are planning on adapting all of Elrics stories?

I wonder if they would do both The Jade Giant's Eyes and Sailor on the seas of Fate despite the overlap...

Okay i think i wrote my question stupidly: How many Elric stories are there in comic format?

Well that depends on how far these guys plan to adapt, which is what I just asked about.

About 10 or so, but most are adaptations of prose stories. First Comics had an ongoing series of minis in the '80s featuring art by P Craig Russell, Michael Gilbert, and George Freeman that are really, really good.

As far as material specifically written for comics, there's Elric: Making of a Sorceror, Michael Moorcock's Multiverse, Elric: The Balance Lost, and two BWS drawn issues of Conan. I think the Frank Brunner Elric portfolio may have original material, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post

Thanks. That's good. I can now give it a try without worrying about the next volume.

Mighty Member

Default Preview :Elric The Ruby Throne

Oops I guess I found a second thread with some fan response to the initial press release but still curious as to how it was. Thanks.