Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Pokemon-verse vs Spongebob-verse

Which verse prevails?

To make this more fair, the Spongebob characters are more equalized in size compared to the Pokemon universe.

Who wins?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

So basically this comes down to Arceus et al. versus the Flying Dutchman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    So basically this comes down to Arceus et al. versus the Flying Dutchman.
    Other than them, which verse is stronger overall? And what is the weakest Pokemon that could take on spongebob?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Other than them, which verse is stronger overall? And what is the weakest Pokemon that could take on spongebob?
    Magikarp? Unown? They only learn Splash and Secret Power respectively.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Magikarp? Unown? They only learn Splash and Secret Power respectively.
    Magikarp could win with tackle via level 10. Spongebob stubbed his toe and considered crying for 20 minutes to be an accomplishment. I think being tackled by a limp 22 lb fish might trump him.

SB has a bit more then its getting credit for, Neptune had some decent feats, there are at least a few super power episodes where the gang gets decent powers, and Sandy was a decent martial artist. There is a giant worm big enough to destroy Bikini Bottom. Plankton has some ok tech feats if given prep.

There not beating all the Pokemon but their not losing to Magickarp.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    SB has a bit more then its getting credit for, Neptune had some decent feats, there are at least a few super power episodes where the gang gets decent powers, and Sandy was a decent martial artist. There is a giant worm big enough to destroy Bikini Bottom. Plankton has some ok tech feats if given prep.

There not beating all the Pokemon but their not losing to Magickarp.
    For some reason I took Bullet Sniper's quote to mean Spongebob the character. The weakest to kill all of them is any electric type, unless Sandy can get to the surface before its too late. They're dead if they come up, they're dead if they stay down.

Definitely Pokemon. Aside from Arceus there's Dialga, Palkia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Mewtwo...the list goes on. Primal Kyogre or Groudon could probably trounce Neptune by feats. And in a 1-on-1 fight, yeah, a Magikarp could probably make Spongebob give up by repeatedly flopping on him.

There is a giant worm big enough to destroy Bikini Bottom.
    That reminded me that Bikini Bottom is actually really tiny, since the residents are supposed to be scaled more toward 'real size'. Remember how Spongebob and Patrick scaled to David Hasselhoff in the movie?

Definitely Pokemon. Aside from Arceus there's Dialga, Palkia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Mewtwo...the list goes on. Primal Kyogre or Groudon could probably trounce Neptune by feats. And in a 1-on-1 fight, yeah, a Magikarp could probably make Spongebob give up by repeatedly flopping on him.

That reminded me that Bikini Bottom is actually really tiny, since the residents are supposed to be scaled more toward 'real size'. Remember how Spongebob and Patrick scaled to David Hasselhoff in the movie?
    OP scaled SB side up, otherwise Spongebob and crew would be fighting a losing battle to a Kajui sized Magikarp

OP scaled SB side up, otherwise Spongebob and crew would be fighting a losing battle to a Kajui sized Magikarp
    In that case, I'll go with most grass types. Stuff like Giga Drain would be pretty devastating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klefmung View Post
    For some reason I took Bullet Sniper's quote to mean Spongebob the character. The weakest to kill all of them is any electric type, unless Sandy can get to the surface before its too late. They're dead if they come up, they're dead if they stay down.
    I really DID mean Spongebob the character himself. You are correct on that.

BANNED

What about Spongebob with the Magic Book? Can he turn the tide for the SB side? Or is the SB side really doomed to getting stomped by Arceus and the Dragon Trio.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Flying Dutchman.
    Ghosts are weak to Dark, Bug, etc. so Dutchman better have some GOOD combat feats if he wants to single handedly take on an entire biosphere of aggressive battle-trained monsters that do LOADS of damage even to incorporeals.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I really DID mean Spongebob the character himself. You are correct on that.
    Oh psh. Well in that case ANY of them stand a decent chance.

Well maybe not the immobile cocoons.

... Wait, no... thinking about how competent spongebob is MOST of the time, I would give even them decent odds in a scenario.

Using High end feats, SpongeBob has some half-way decent karate, so it would at least take something with moves to bring him down.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

No just Arceus and the Dragon Trio.

* Ho-oh has non-specific resurrection abilities, and can possibly burn them if they get out of the ocean.
    * Lugia has ocean current control under its list of abilities - this would be bad for the underwater Bikini Bottom.
    * Mewtwo, well, I doubt I need to explain that one.
    * If you have seen Pokemon Generations episodes 7 & 8, then you are probably aware of why Groudon and Kyogre can probably accidently one-shot Bikini Bottom.
    * Rayquaza. I doubt an anti-meteor defense system would have much trouble one-shotting Bikini Bottom.
    * A fully-powered Jirachi can probably match the magic book.
    * Celebi has time-travel. So can possibly circumvent the magic book if not immediately taken out.
    * While I doubt Zapdos has the firepower to hit Bikini Bottom from above, there is always Zekrom, and Kyurem can possibly freeze everyone.
    * Not certain on Neptune's abilities, but most Bikini Bottom residents would have issues with a school/swarm/rage of Gyarados.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight