Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default What Games Do You Hope to See on The Nintendo Switch!? (1st &/or 3rd party)

So with the recent reveal of Nintendo's latest system, I have to ask, what games do you hope to see get released on the switch?

As A reminder here are the few titles confirmed for the system so far...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
    Sonic The Hedgehog Project 17
    Untitled Mario Game.

And while not officially confirmed it looks like there is a good chance we will get a Mario Kart & Splatoon game as well.

Anywho aside from that I hope the switch will eventually give us.....

-Super Mario Maker 2 or port of origional with extra features.

- Pikmin 4

- Animal Crossing (Either a sequel to New Leaf or an HD remake of the game with extra features)

- A New Metroid game (Nintendo will most likely try to diversify the market the go after more with the Switch, so I don't think this is too far fetched)

- A New F-Zero (A hybrid consle like the switch is the perfect place for a revival)

- A New Megaman Classic &/or Megaman X game. (C'Mon Capcom!! Make MM11 or MMX9 already!)

- A Dragon Quest Game (as said by others in the main Nintendo thread, seems like a no brainer)

- Smash Bros 5. (This is more of a when then if, but yea a new smash bros with an even bigger crazier roster!)

- A 3rd Donky Kong Country Returns Game

- A Kirby Game

-A Mario Golf Game

-Pokken Tournament 2

-A Monster Hunter Game

- A True Starfox64 Sequel

- A port of Street Fighter V

- A port of the upcoming FFVII Remake & Kingdom Hearts III.

- Some DC Superhero games

Anywho thats what I hope to see from The Switch in the future, how about the rest of you?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Fantastic Member

I mostly play for the first party staples anyway. (Life is hecktic and I really just have time for the priority games. ) but a quality jrpg (not in the xenoblade vein but more in the bravely default/classic jrpg vein) would probably get me off my butt.

I'd like to see a lot of new versions of classic games:

Nintendo First Party:

Pilotwings, Stunt Race FX, Donkey Kong Country, Metroid, Earthbound (Mother Series), StarTropics, R.C. Pro-Am, Mario Paint

Third Party:

Wrath of the Black Manta, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Metal Storm, Wizards and Warriors, Blaster Master, Crystalis, North and South, E.V.O., Actraiser
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 10-26-2016 at 10:27 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'd like to see a lot of new versions of classic games:

Nintendo First Party:

Pilotwings, Stunt Race FX, Donkey Kong Country, Metroid, Earthbound (Mother Series), StarTropics, R.C. Pro-Am, Mario Paint

Third Party:

Wrath of the Black Manta, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Metal Storm, Wizards and Warriors, Blaster Master, Crystalis, North and South, E.V.O., Actraiser
    I would LOVE it if they would give us Mother 3 here in the US (downloadable or otherwise) or even a brand new entry. With all of the wacky JRPGs that come out, I'm not sure why the Earthbound series is radioactive.

A lot of nostalgia on that list, some good stuff for sure

It would be neat if they found a fun way to make a 2D Metroid game with multiplayer just they have done with the New Super Mario Bros games.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
    I would LOVE it if they would give us Mother 3 here in the US (downloadable or otherwise) or even a brand new entry. With all of the wacky JRPGs that come out, I'm not sure why the Earthbound series is radioactive.

A lot of nostalgia on that list, some good stuff for sure

It would be neat if they found a fun way to make a 2D Metroid game with multiplayer just they have done with the New Super Mario Bros games.
    They tried to do this with one of the Castlevania games a few years back. I think the way I'd do it is by having the multiplayer game have different variations of the exosuit which have different but complementary abilities, so some things player 1, 2, 3, or 4 can do are exclusive to them but require assistance from the other player(s).

Like say there is a magma lake, maybe player one can make an ice raft with their beam but must remain stationary while using it or it dissolves. Then it would be up to player two to take out enemies or jump and collect objective items.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    So with the recent reveal of Nintendo's latest system, I have to ask, what games do you hope to see get released on the switch?

As A reminder here are the few titles confirmed for the system so far...

Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
    Sonic The Hedgehog Project 17
    Untitled Mario Game.

And while not officially confirmed it looks like there is a good chance we will get a Mario Kart & Splatoon game as well.

Anywho aside from that I hope the switch will eventually give us.....

-Super Mario Maker 2 or port of origional with extra features.

- Pikmin 4

- Animal Crossing (Either a sequel to New Leaf or an HD remake of the game with extra features)

- A New Metroid game (Nintendo will most likely try to diversify the market the go after more with the Switch, so I don't think this is too far fetched)

- A New F-Zero (A hybrid consle like the switch is the perfect place for a revival)

- A New Megaman Classic &/or Megaman X game. (C'Mon Capcom!! Make MM11 or MMX9 already!)

- A Dragon Quest Game (as said by others in the main Nintendo thread, seems like a no brainer)

- Smash Bros 5. (This is more of a when then if, but yea a new smash bros with an even bigger crazier roster!)

- A 3rd Donky Kong Country Returns Game

- A Kirby Game

-A Mario Golf Game

-Pokken Tournament 2

-A Monster Hunter Game

- A True Starfox64 Sequel

- A port of Street Fighter V

- A port of the upcoming FFVII Remake & Kingdom Hearts III.

- Some DC Superhero games

Anywho thats what I hope to see from The Switch in the future, how about the rest of you?
    A Nobunaga's ambition game is confirmed

Fantastic Member

A 3D Mario that has the Koopalings
    A new Donkey Kong that features the return of King K.Rool
    Either a new 2D Metroid or Metroid Prime 4
    New Punch-Out
    New F-Zero
    New StarTropics(huge pipe dream I know)

It's about time Advance Wars makes a comeback.

Spectacular Member

I would like:
    - A 3D Mario game with the Koopalings and other bosses, preferably with a huge final battle where you face off against Bowser, Bowser Jr., and the Koopalings all at once.
    - A Mario and Sonic game that is an adventure game rather than a sports game.
    - A 3D Donkey Kong game with K. Rool as the main villain.
    - A Pokémon MMO.
    - An EarthBound game with Ness and friends that takes place after the War Against Giygas.
    - A sequel to Metroid Fusion or a game that retcons Metroid: Other M.
    - A sequel/true cannon version of Star Fox Command.
    - A new F-Zero.
    - Super Smash Bros. 5.
    - A Super Smash Bros. with a 3D battle mode or a storyline with a 3D battle mode (assuming this isn't in SSB5)

For 3rd Parties:
    - Final Fantasy VII remake.
    - Kingdom Hearts III

In addition, I'd like to see Nintendo combine their universes to an extent in their games, like maybe have the stories of the Mario Bros. be a legend in Pokémon or Metroid, and vice versa in Mario. Above all, I would like it if all of the above games, maybe even some third party games where characters appear in Smash, lead up to the events of Super Smash Bros. 5 kind of like the Marvel movies led up to the Avengers movie.

Oooh... so many great things to hope for... most of them won't be true, but what the heck!

1. STARTROPICS 3! (damn straight... sci-fi Zelda cries out with Black-boltian FORCE to be made with todays tech!)

2. Super Mario RPG 2 (I'm not a fan of the Paper-mario style - I liked SMRPG better stylewise.)

3. Final Fantasy (a proper one!)

4. Street Fighter 5

5. Castlevania 5 (I'd like to see something new - taking the classic formula, but updating it from where we left off in Rondo of Blood - 2,5D)

6. Mega Man Generations (temporal crossover between Mega Man and Mega Man X)

7. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance II (like with Bayonetta 2, I'd like to see another Platinum Games title sponsored - we've all been waiting for the sequel!)

8. METROID 5 - (third-person 3D, similar to Zelda I guess)

9. Kid Icarus Revolution ('cause uprising needs a sequel)

10. DOOM! (just because - every system needs the odd man out game - this should be the Switch's - John Carmack can make it run on even this hardware!)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ace Attorney 7

With the rumor that it will have Gamecube games on the VC, I definitely want to see Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door make it to the VC.

As for new games, I want to see:

– Mario Party: All Stars (please, dear GOD get rid of these stupid gimmicks and go back to the basics)
    – Okay, really anything Mario. Mario Kart, Mario Sports, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, anything.
    – Captain Toad 2
    – A new Kid Icarus

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Ah the switch, I'm sure I will love the system but I have a feeling I will more than likely just play it parked in the TV docking bay and never really take it out and about. But could be a very smart move for Nintendo Japan side with how popular mobile gaming has become over there.

Anyway games I'd like to see on the system,

A Star Fox sequel, I liked zero but I'd like to see something that moves the storyline forward

A Mario/Sonic Team up game (a platformer not Olympic games)

a Full on new Pokémon game in the same vein as the main series where you can catch pokemon, trade, battle friends etc. Possibly a mmo.

A new Castlevania similar to Symphony of The Night

Gotcha Force 2

A new Custom Robo

A Mario Maker type game but for Sonic

A new Sin and Punishment

Kingdom Hearts 3

And I'd like to see a few remakes make it over to the Switch

Smash Brothers Wii U I'd like to see with all the DLC released on Switch

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8. Lets get the full KH series playable on switch

Marvel Heroes lets get a console version and why not the Switch

The Old Republic console version on the go

DC Universe Online

Donkey Kong Country 6 is definitely on the top of the list of games I want to see on The Switch. Both my favorite games on the Wii & Wii U were Donkey Kong Country Returns & Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze! I also wouldn't mind a new F-Zero game. In terms of Third Party I want everything that is coming to PS4 and Xbox One. I loved the Wii U, but it was so annoying that none of the games on those two platforms were never coming to that system. Hopefully 3rd parties will want to develop for The Switch.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

One thing I am looking forward to is what Future announcments will be. We've already gotten some smaller announcments since the Show a couple days ago of other indie games that will be coming to the Switch, but according to Nintendo we should be getting more info about other games both new and previously hinted at between now and the time the Switch is released, as well as between the release and the weeks leading up to E3.

One interesting thing is Reggie did tease they would have some info on Metroid within the year, so hopefully we will get confirmation of a NEW Metroid game at E3 this year.

Also rumors of a Sequel to Pokémon Sun & Moon coming to the switch persist, though i'm still not sure if I believe them.

One thing I've heard is that Square-Enix has even more games to announce for the switch on top of the various Dragon Quest games & the NEW IP that got announced at the show, so hopefully we will get some Kingdom Hearts & Final Fantasy Games announced for the Switch at E3 as well.

Other then that while not related to the Switch, Nintendo has said they will be announcing some new 3DS titles sometime soon as well (my guess is more info on Ever Oasis & Pikimin3DS as well as maybe 2-4 new games)
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!