Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Default What is the chronological order of Marvel's Netflix series?

I am asking this because I started with Daredevil on the Marvel Netflix series back last year, along with others. I was going to assume that Jessica Jones came first in terms of chronology? Is this assumption true?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I am asking this because I started with Daredevil on the Marvel Netflix series back last year, along with others. I was going to assume that Jessica Jones came first in terms of chronology? Is this assumption true?
    I don't believe so.

There's characters that appear in both DD and Jessica Jones... that reference events from DD in Jessica Jones. I believe the release order is, more or less, chronological order.

Order is: Daredevil S1, Jessica Jones, Daredevil S2, Luke Cage...

What Sneaky said. Luke Cage overlaps Daredevil S2 as Claire Temple leaves DD season 2 and arrives in Cage from those events and references them. Characters cross over from Daredevil to JJ, from JJ to Luke and from DD to Luke. And also from JJ to DD season 2.
    I surrender to the Contest

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    DC season 1 and Jessica Jones are parallel series occurring with overlapping events. Daredevil season 2 and Luke Cage are similarly parallel also. Iron Fist might be parallel or after Luke Cage, then Defenders and Punisher will be after all of them.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't think there's necessarily an overlap. She said she came back when it was time. She could have waited days before going back to Harlem or she could have waited months.

It's clear that the shows take place in debut order, but I do agree that they could overlap a bit with the end of Daredevil possibly taking place during the beginning of Luke Cage. One day I feel I need to watch the shows with the purpose of figuring this out. It's clear Daredevil takes place over many months with it starting out very hot (maybe August) and ending around Christmas. Luke Cage has the only definitive date I'm aware of (which I'm usually hesitant to rely on because it's in the background as opposed to the script, but it fits with some other stuff). Episode 9 of Luke Cage takes place in December of 2015.

The reason is two-fold. One is the dashcam video, which says December. The second thing is that Luke Cage definitely appears to take place before Captain America: Civil War due to the complete absence of any mention of the Sokovia Accords, so it at least predates that.

On further reflection, I do think there's two possibilities: Daredevil Season 2 Episode 13 takes place in maybe October or November, minus the last couple of minutes (which take place in late November or early December) and Luke Cage starts in September or October with Episode 9 in December. Alternatively, Daredevil Season Two could take place in 2014. Jessica Jones would be earlier 2014, Daredevil Season One probably 2013. All that really matters is it take place after Avengers 1. I don't think there have been subsequent references.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 10-25-2016 at 03:01 PM.

BANNED

Luis mentions in his monologue at the end of Ant-Man that New York has "guys who jump, guys who swing, guys who crawl on walls," and while at least the third one probably refers to Spider-Man it's possible one of those is Daredevil.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It honestly feels like all three people describe Spider-Man. I certainly wouldn't say that it's definitely a Daredevil reference. I also didn't think it was Luis (although it was Luis's voice), but I could be wrong.