Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Source?

Knowing the internet, it was probably misinterpreted
    Looking into it, apparently the source was Devin Faraci, so in that case, never mind.

I never really read Dr.Strange other than his appearances in other comics, but from what I gathered he always seemed like a no-nonsense/non-joking individual. This isn't really the case in this film as he is written to have that personality trait of making wisecracks with authority bit to set up the awkward humor scene that is supposed to be funny to the audience. At least in the first half of the movie. I'm indifferent about it really. It wasn't at the level of Tony Stark, but at the same time from what little I know of the character it felt out of place. At the same time this is Dr.Strange's first rodeo. I got the feeling by the end of the film his ego started to settle down a bit as he realized what his role in this new phase of his life is going to be. Hopefully in future appearances his ego stays dormant. Even thought the post credit scene was short, I had already begun to feel like Dr. Strange was a lot more of a focused man. That he had truly turned his life around.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 10-27-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

i really loved and enjoyed the movie !

What about the Eye of Agamotto? Just an gem?

It's explicitly the time gem.

Extraordinary Member

Its a really good film, and the addition of Dormarru made it better. Not perfect, far from Marvel's best but good enough

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Loved it, B+ after credits was cute as well.
    my fave part was hospital death/goodbye moment. very touching and sad.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 10-29-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    It's explicitly the time gem.
    Yep, confirmed to be an infinity stone and it's use is completely time based so time stone indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Also, we see one of the disciples missing a hand while still being able to perform magic. How far can this extend though? What if someone has no arms or legs?
    Benjamin Bratt was paralysed and could still use magic to walk again.

Astonishing Member

Good time watching Doctor Strange, there's only a few MCU films I'd have ahead of it.

Cumberbatch and Swinton, great and the visuals, wow. Watch the film in 3D. The cloak of personality tops Vision's and Thor's.

I especially liked Strange going through the multiverse and the ending as the Sanctum is no his to protect.

BANNED

While it was entertaining and with enough funny moments throughout to not make it tedious, personally I thought it was a pretty poor addition to the MCU, closer to Thor: The Dark World than most.

Edit: Also, yet again 3D proves itself to be utterly useless addition to the movie industry with only 1 or 2 places throughout a CGI drenched spectacle like this where it almost works.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 10-29-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Plot hole question

Dormamu is in his own dimension, the dark dimension. Do we consider other dimensions other realities?

Because don't infinity gems only work in our dimension/reality? so is that a plot hole or am i misunderstanding a reality/dimension differentiation?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Plot hole question

Dormamu is in his own dimension, the dark dimension. Do we consider other dimensions other realities?

Because don't infinity gems only work in our dimension/reality? so is that a plot hole or am i misunderstanding a reality/dimension differentiation?
    Infinity gems are, well, infinite. They work pretty much anywhere (in the MCU it seems at least.)

I thought the movie as a whole was never less than good but apart from The Ancient One and the special effects there was nothing truly that great about it. Strange as a character doesn't really work as a quip-happy, pop-culture reference type and while Benedict Cumberbatch can do funny the standard MCU humour doesn't really play to his strengths in that regard. For my money the funniest character by far was Wong simply through his sheer stoic unfunniness.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Plot hole question

I think they're little self-contained "elements" of whatever they embody. Hence, Strange can go into another dimension with the time gem, and as long as he has it in his possession, will have a small pocket of localized "time" he can control.

My to cents, at least.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I think they're little self-contained "elements" of whatever they embody. Hence, Strange can go into another dimension with the time gem, and as long as he has it in his possession, will have a small pocket of localized "time" he can control.

My to cents, at least.
    This. Strange explicitly links it with Dormammu loaning his disciples the power of the Dark Dimension while on Earth. Also, the two dimensions are merging at that moment, with part of each overlapping the other.

Fantastic Member

Ugh, those zealots look like Twilight vampires