Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bryan Hill talked about a potential Question run he would work on and his answer was he would use both Vic and Renee as the question.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/indie-...n-and-american

So i'd say something like that could be good for the character.

Other than that maybe having Renee be a supporting character for Vic?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Bryan Hill talked about a potential Question run he would work on and his answer was he would use both Vic and Renee as the question.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/indie-...n-and-american

So i'd say something like that could be good for the character.

Other than that maybe having Renee be a supporting character for Vic?
    I'd rather have Renee as a cop in either a Gotham Central-type book or at least a regular feature in another title (like maybe the back-up to an expanded Detective Comics or a co-feature in maybe a revived Streets of Gotham title?)
    I'm really getting tired of all these damned shared-mantle ideas in an attempt to make all the various fans happy, mostly because in the long-run, too many readers wind up thinking their favorite version isn't getting enough exposure compared to the others using the same identity!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd rather have Renee as a cop in either a Gotham Central-type book or at least a regular feature in another title (like maybe the back-up to an expanded Detective Comics or a co-feature in maybe a revived Streets of Gotham title?)
    I'm really getting tired of all these damned shared-mantle ideas in an attempt to make all the various fans happy, mostly because in the long-run, too many readers wind up thinking their favorite version isn't getting enough exposure compared to the others using the same identity!
    The DCU is better off with her as a cop even as I understand the disappointment of people who liked her development into the Question. Mantle sharing and legacy heroes are not something I particularly like much, though.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-21-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Has Renee showed up in any new stories since her appearances in the recent Batwoman #17-18?

I prefer Renee Montoya as herself rather than Question II.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

By the way, general consensus seems to be that Renee Montoya's first appearance in the regular DC comic book stories was in Batman #475 (March 1992).

Story written by Alan Grant / art by Norm Breyfogle.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Definitely Renee Montoya!

One of my favorite moments with Renee was this issue where Batman and Robin were investigating pirates robbing the yachts of Gotham's Elite.

Montoya was talking to a member of the coast guard who didn't think he'd encounter pirates (but thought it was cool)

Later on, Gordon asks Montoya what she's up to and she replies that she has a date. Gordon says please tell me its not a cop. Montoya replies, he's actually from the coast guard.

I know it wasn't really significant, but that scene made me smile.