Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics #966 (spoilers)

I just got done reading yet another terrible issue of Action. With Superman improving, and Action getting better since the terrible Doomsday arc, I thought while Action hadn't become decent like Superman, it was still going to continue improving, but I thought this was one of the worst issues so far.

Maybe I'm harder on this issue than I should be. Superwoman is a book I'm really enjoying, so seeing the titular character of that book in a book I dislike has me being more negative than I otherwise would be, but from page 6 onward I was cringing my way through the issue.

Now I'm going to go read Batgirl, which will no doubt be considerably better.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I thought the issue wasn't too bad, but then again I've grown really tired of Superwoman so maybe I wasn't bothered like you.

I appreciate that they just ripped the bandage off with this Lois thing and said "yeah we're doing it." I had a pretty good time with the issue as a whole.

The issue was... alright for Action comics? Idk, I was promised a Lois Lane investigation and what I got was half of a book devoted to Clark and Jon and the other half Lois being told what happened from Lana. Why was Lana even there? Does she randomly go to Lois' apartment in the most convenient of times? These are all questions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The issue was... alright for Action comics? Idk, I was promised a Lois Lane investigation and what I got was half of a book devoted to Clark and Jon and the other half Lois being told what happened from Lana. Why was Lana even there? Does she randomly go to Lois' apartment in the most convenient of times? These are all questions.
    Last issue she said she had been waiting for somebody to come for New 52 Lois. This issue she says she's keeping the death of New 52 Lois a secret, and can't tell Lois' loved ones what happened.

It made no sense for her to be in Lois's apartment.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's... not contradictory. And frankly it's not unlike the expedience that happens in almost every fictional work ever. As a superhero, why would she not have her finger on the pulse?

Both Action and SW to me are a little weaker than the other Super titles, but when I think of what we were getting before New 52 Death, I am very glad to have them.

And I thought this was the best issue of Action yet, even though yet more villains loom in that goofy 90s way. This really did well by Lois look no other book in a long time, and the other characters were just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's... not contradictory. And frankly it's not unlike the expedience that happens in almost every fictional work ever. As a superhero, why would she not have her finger on the pulse?

Both Action and SW to me are a little weaker than the other Super titles, but when I think of what we were getting before New 52 Death, I am very glad to have them.

And I thought this was the best issue of Action yet, even though yet more villains loom in that goofy 90s way. This really did well by Lois look no other book in a long time, and the other characters were just fine.
    but Lois didn't really do anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I just got done reading yet another terrible issue of Action.
    I'm really glad I didn't bother as I'm pretty sure you're way more forgiving than I am.

I read the preview. That was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    but Lois didn't really do anything.
    ...eh okay lol. This is a "spoiler" thread so:

She went into the DP to figure out what happened to nuLois, then followed up on the visions by getting into the apartment of nuLois. When she encountered Superwoman, she brought in Superman for assistance. She then accessed the computer of nuLois to get her final words. Once everything was hashed out, she followed up not only on pursuing a career for herself (outside of the writing she'd already done) but concluding the work nuLois set out to do while protecting their secrets. The entire issue was centered around Lois and nuLois, with Lois narrating.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Oh god, they're really doing it, they're really doing the body-snatcher ****, oh god it's exactly as creepy as I thought it'd be.
    Buh-bye

D-did she just hijacked her counterpart's life?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    D-did she just hijacked her counterpart's life?
    AT HER COUNTERPART'S REQUEST.

This was written, drawn, inked, colored, lettered, edited and printed without anyone through the chain of command pumping the breaks and going "I know we're trying to get back to the status quo, but wouldn't it be way simpler and infinitely more moral for them to suck it up and let people know Lois had died? Because as is this is unbearably creepy, right?"
    Buh-bye

nuLois gave consent. And why wouldn't she? She can always get her life back if she returns.

It's not very creepy in a world where people actually come back from the dead, or have alternate universe doubles running around. They're the same person and that has no moral dilemma equivalent in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    AT HER COUNTERPART'S REQUEST.

This was written, drawn, inked, colored, lettered, edited and printed without anyone through the chain of command pumping the breaks and going "I know we're trying to get back to the status quo, but wouldn't it be way simpler and infinitely more moral for them to suck it up and let people know Lois had died? Because as is this is unbearably creepy, right?"
    That would have been better.

Fantastic Member

I'll have to read it later, but I'm going to guess two things based on the Action Comics threads since the start of Rebirth, and I'm reasonably sure that I'm correct:

1. The issue is better than the thread will lead some to believe, but we have very dedicated Jurgens-haters.
    2. There is more to the story that will be revealed later on, which is never taken into account in the snap judgments of issues dealing with the larger Rebirth themes.

I've seen angry bulls with more subtlety than this issue. All it missed to be even with the issue when "Clark Kent" wrote about Superdad was an article stating that MaLois is a superior version of NuLois. It's a shame really, because Superman makes me love Superdad and his family, but Action keep trying to make me love them too and fail miserably, achieving the exact opposite. If the aim was to be a set-up for when it will be revealed (because it is becoming quite clear right now) that Superdad and co are the same as their New 52 counterparts, no matter how stupid and contrived it will be for them to be so, it was incredibly poorly done, and in fact highlights exactly why it is a terrible idea which should be scrapped right now.

Also, how the hell did NuLois even knew she had a "twin" ? And, in the end, why did Lana held vigil in NuLois' home ?