Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Superman of "Earth B"

I have an idea to "save" the New 52 Superman. Create an Earth that's "adjacent" to the main Earth called "Earth B". It's not quite Earth 2 and it's not the main Earth but it's more of a divergent timeline that happened around 2014. All the stories that occurred in the New 52 Earth are canon there up to about Truth. A sort of "what if Truth never happened" thing. This doesn't necessarily need to have it's own title, just give him some back up stories in the main Super-books. Label them "Superman of Earth B" and move forward from there. It'll get fans of the New 52 to pick up Superman books again and those who don't like New 52 Superman can just ignore them. It can be kind of like Adventures of Superman or Sensation Comics. Out of canon stories that take place in one specific universe.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I have an idea to "save" the New 52 Superman. Create an Earth that's "adjacent" to the main Earth called "Earth B". It's not quite Earth 2 and it's not the main Earth but it's more of a divergent timeline that happened around 2014. All the stories that occurred in the New 52 Earth are canon there up to about Truth. A sort of "what if Truth never happened" thing. This doesn't necessarily need to have it's own title, just give him some back up stories in the main Super-books. Label them "Superman of Earth B" and move forward from there. It'll get fans of the New 52 to pick up Superman books again and those who don't like New 52 Superman can just ignore them. It can be kind of like Adventures of Superman or Sensation Comics. Out of canon stories that take place in one specific universe.
    Yes please yes. I place where I can go and read the stories I want. Come on DC. Just give me a Superman I want to read about.

Retired

Of course, Earth-B is the fan designation for Earth-Boltinoff that crazy in-between Earth where some Batman team-ups happened that didn't fit continuity.

My hope and expectation is that, when Rebirth has shaken out, we'll see that two different Earth histories have been fused into one on the current Earth. Realizing this and understanding that such a state can't sustain itself, the heroes will participate in some metaphysical mumbo-jumbo, the upshot of which will be that the two Earths diverge each into their own separate histories. However, they won't be exactly like previous Earths we've known. There willl be some continuity fixes on each Earth.

I want this to happen, because I want Mr. and Mrs. Superman to be on their own Earth. That would leave another Earth where Superman is not married, but he still has some of his pre-existing history intact.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'd prefer it be it's own title and simply move new52 Superman forward from the issue where he gains he regains his powers after Truth. The "Death of Superman" arc would be the only thing out of it's canon. And it'd be a monthly that continues the story.

Or they could say that Superman's apparent death slid him over to the new52 universe, and that is why new52 Lois, who followed him, said she understood right before her apparent death. The idea would be that somehow meddling from the Watchmen characters cloned the new52 earth and Superman and Lois were shifted to the clone, which becomes their universe. Then, the current DC Universe with SuperDad is the new52 earth modified to more closely resemble the Post-Crisis earth. Maybe the Pre-Crisis universe or the missing time was beginning to reassert itself and so a clone of the new52 universe was made that would withstand modification, and because SuperDad and family were pre-Crisis, whomever is making those changes felt they could stay with the universe becoming more like their's, but integrated in more, and decided to "write out" new52 Superman and Lois and move them to the cloned new52 universe.

Backup stories with no continuity are kind of "eh" in this context. It doesn't really give new52 Superman fans much to latch onto. At least make it a monthly comic with continuity!

Only to feel less insulted, I support this idea of Earth B...

But... If like with Poison Ivy League DC is not pressed during rebirth, they will not do that .. This is the truth
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-28-2016 at 12:50 AM.

I'd buy the hell out of it. Multiple copies and everything.

That said? I really don't see DC doing this.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."