Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not many superheroes this Halloween!

I live on a very busy street, we usually get several hundred kids coming through for Halloween. I always find it interesting to see what are the most popular costumes from year to year. Last year it seemed like half the kids were Iron Man, Hulk, etc... This year not a single Iron Man! And only two Spider-Mans, a Wonder Woman and a couple of Batmen. Ninjas seemed much more popular this year for whatever reason. Just curious if anyone else had a similar experience? I wonder why superheroes were so much less popular this year, at least in my neck of the woods.

You're lucky. At least you got trick-or-treaters. I got one. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this extra candy.
    That's a lie, I know what I'm going to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    You're lucky. At least you got trick-or-treaters. I got one. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this extra candy.
    That's a lie, I know what I'm going to do with it.
    That is a win win situation. But yeah I never had too many until we moved to this new place and it seems to be a central trick or treating hub.

I saw lots of Cap and Spider-Man

a lot more star wars though
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I saw lots of Cap and Spider-Man

a lot more star wars though
    Very little Star Wars around here this year, I didn't even really notice that til you mentioned it. Ninjas were the big craze, I kept wondering if there is some big kid's show about ninjas going that I'm not aware of.

I saw several Spider-Men, Spider-Girls, a Spider-Man 2099, mnay Super and Batmen, several Black Panthers and Ant-Men, and many, many Iron Men and Captain Americas.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Almost all the girls I saw mostly teens, and adults were some version of Harley Quinn either the Margot Robbie version from Suicide Squad or the Arkham Game series Harley Quinn. I only saw one of them with the original Harley outfit from the 90's cartoon. For kids, I saw some super man's, batman' spidey, iron man, ninja turtles, Frozen, some rugrats, doug, ninja's.

I saw a little toddler in a spider-man tutu, never seen that before

i was stunned to see zero wonder woman and super girl though... Target had a whole section of thiose
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Where I live there was plenty of people dressed as super heroes or other comic book characters. I saw a lot of Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-man. The one thing that I did notice this year is there was a lot more girls young and old dressing up as super hero characters there was a whole bunch dressed up as Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, and as Ninja Turtles. Maybe it all depends on where you live.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Where I live there was plenty of people dressed as super heroes or other comic book characters. I saw a lot of Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-man. The one thing that I did notice this year is there was a lot more girls young and old dressing up as super hero characters there was a whole bunch dressed up as Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, and as Ninja Turtles. Maybe it all depends on where you live.
    Yeah, sounds like it was just a fluke in my area I guess. I just found it really odd that I saw 100s of kids and so few superhero costumes but I guess it was just random chance.

My neighborhood used to be pretty active when I was younger, but this year I didn't see a single left house with any decorations out, and barely an trick or treaters. I caught a glimpse of a Darth Vader and 1 or 2 generic classic witches, but otherwise it was almost completely dead. We just left a bowl of candy out with a note asking to just take 2, usually there is little to nothing left but this year it was still almost half full(we got a big bag of fun size Hershey's chocolate bars, cookies and cream bars, whoppers, peanut butter cups and Resees' pieces, the clear winners were the Resees stuff and the loser was whoppers which I honestly don't think ANYONE took from the looks of the leftover).

I also saw very few horror themed costumes this year for whatever reason. Usually I see tons of Jasons, witches, Michael Myers, Draculas, etc... but they were in the minority this year. Best costume had to go to a kid who pulled off a perfect Charlie Chaplin. I gave him double candy for that!

Princess costumes seem evergreen, I always see tons of those and it was the same this year.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 11-01-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

I saw a decent amount. Even a few Ghost Buster kids.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I saw a little toddler in a spider-man tutu, never seen that before

i was stunned to see zero wonder woman and super girl though... Target had a whole section of thiose

Yeah, I wish Marvel would get their product line improved when it comes to girls and teens. There is the Her Universe stuff in active wear (junions/teens) and I 've seen a few things in the girls section. But why not a Scarlet Witch costume? She would have been great for Halloween, particulary her new look in the solo series. I saw the DC girls' costumes and they were well done. I wish I had Catwoman costume when I was a kid! Even their toy line has some great dolls for the girls. I think they're called DC Dolls.

Saw a girl in a female Ghostbuster outfit & only felt pity & infinite sadness. I gave her a 2nd helping of my "good candy". Poor child.