Mighty Member

Default new Captain Atom Series

This week's "Previews" catalog lists a new Captain Atom series, "the Fall and Rise of Captain Atom", starting in January.

"Captain Atom" is a character I have always had a soft spot for. And, the 2011 series was excellent. (It was the first time in 20 years that Captain Atom had shown up without A2001 or Wildstorm baggage.)

Huzzah. Huzzah.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    This week's "Previews" catalog lists a new Captain Atom series, "the Fall and Rise of Captain Atom", starting in January.

"Captain Atom" is a character I have always had a soft spot for. And, the 2011 series was excellent. (It was the first time in 20 years that Captain Atom had shown up without A2001 or Wildstorm baggage.)

Huzzah. Huzzah.
    I completely concur with your assessment except that Armageddon was my intro to the character. I agree from what little I know of CA that Charlton and Quality characters are often launched as a team and have had the potential to be free standing characters on their own. Hope the sign up for this mini beyond issue 1 warrants DC's effort in putting this book out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I thought the NEW 52 series was tremendous! Hope this is great, too. I have a feeling it won't be, because it'll be preoccupied with continuity problems but we'll see.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Huh, this was bumped and there happens to be a new interview

http://www.newsarama.com/32254-class...r-rebirth.html

So if I buy and like the Captain Atom Armageddon TPB from 2006, does the 2 TPB's released during the new 52 change his character around?

In other words, are both TPB versions similar?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....