Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Default Flash Rogues Appreciation Thread!

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're the most underrated, underappreciated villains in the DCU. Except for Captain Cold, because he's one of Johns' favorites. Who else would love a Rogues book in the vein of Superior Foes of Spider-Man? I think the Rogues would be ideal for a book for the same reason Catwoman can carry a series: The Rogues are career criminals, but not evil. They have an honor code and sympathetic/likable traits. Honestly, I'd prefer them in a book to Sinestro.

Any other fans of the Rogues?

BANNED

Enough said. Go read it everyone.

I liked what I read of Rogues' Rebellion, too. For one thing, it gave the spotlight to Rogues whose codenames are not Captain Cold. I like Cold, but under Johns he became kind of a Villain Sue.

BANNED

The best villains ever imo.

My favorite rogues gallery bar none.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I liked what I read of Rogues' Rebellion, too. For one thing, it gave the spotlight to Rogues whose codenames are not Captain Cold. I like Cold, but under Johns he became kind of a Villain Sue.
    What I particularly like about Rogues' Rebellion is that each Rogue is very well characterised with distinct mannerisms. As much as I enjoyed the Manapul/Booch Flash run, the dialogue in that was not strong at all, felt practically interchangable.

I will admit that I'm bummed they got rid of second Mirror Master (Evan) and the first Trickster (Jesse). Those were the most interesting incarnations of the characters, IMO.

Always Rakzo

These guys beat Batman's villains every day of the week.

Read anything written by Geoff Johns about them.

Spectacular Member

Ain't no rogues like Flash Rogues. Even before Geoff Johns got to them, I thought they were the best part of The Flash.

With the new Flash series coming to TV, I'd like to see them take all those awesome origin issues from Johns' run of the rouges and collect them in one trade to really sell the idea that, outside of Batman, this is likely the best gallery of adversaries a hero could have. A Superior Foes style book is a great idea.

There was a Rogues trade showcasing Silver Age Rogues stories. I don't know if it is still in print.

I also loved the Rogues in JLU's "Flash and Substance." Trickster was such a hoot!

The Rogues: most underrated villain crew EVER.

BANNED

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

The Rogues: underrated, blue collar, honor code, family. I'd love to read a Rogues ongoing.
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

The Rogues: underrated, blue collar, honor code, family. I'd love to read a Rogues ongoing.
    I've heard that Superior Foes of Spider-man is basically a Rogues ongoing, but with Spider-man villains.