Gabrial Luna as Ghost Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Lynda Carter - Wonder Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    The answer to this is Melissa Benoist
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Honorable mention to Bill Bixby as Dr. Banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Mark Hamill as the Joker
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I'd go for Frank Gorshin's Riddler. He's the Riddler to me.
    Agree, all great choices!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Guy [Armando Catalano] Williams as Don Diego de la Vega/El Zorro
    Yet, this one wins!

Last edited by Güicho; 05-24-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Jason Alexander as George Costanza
    If you want someone from the Seinfeld cast;
    Patrick Warburton as The Tick!

Last edited by Güicho; 03-28-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Bill Bixby, Gabriel Luna, Lynda Carter as already mentioned, and Adam West for the comical/campy take on Batman.

I would add Julie Newmar as Catwoman; Robin Lord Taylor and Cameron Monaghan in Gotham; Dina Meyer's Oracle in Birds of Prey; Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter (kind of a cheat, since she came over from the movies), and the entire cast of The Addams Family.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Bixby for the combination of quality + longevity.

Amazing Member

Bernthal as The Punisher.

After 3 failed attempt, he absolutely nailed Frank Castle. And yeah, Bixby was great. Used to watch the series religiously

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    ...King
    +
    ...Pin
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    .... the entire cast of The Addams Family.
    ...Hmm?

Makes you wonder. might be the perfect recast.
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-08-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    No argument there buddy.

Honorable mention to Bill Bixby as Dr. Banner.
    I'd even go so far as to say Bixby with honorable mention to West.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam West View Post
    Bernthal as The Punisher.

After 3 failed attempt, he absolutely nailed Frank Castle. And yeah, Bixby was great. Used to watch the series religiously
    Agreed Bernthal is hands down my favorite Punisher.

Also heard Joe Rogan say once that they changed Bruce Banner to DAVID Banner in that show because Bruce was too gay. Is that true or just some showbiz urban legend. Cause if so that's hilarious

Charlie Cox is The Man Without Fear! From the opening episode when I first heard him, I was like they nailed it!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

OK, you win!

After a horse-riding accident, while he was recovering, Guy Williams learned how to fence.

Buddy van Horn was the stunt coordinator and a stuntman on Disney’s ZORRO. He was the stunt double for Williams in many of the action scenes. Some dueling scenes in ZORRO involved Williams as Zorro and van Horn doubling for other actors.

Guy played Zorro not just on the small screen, but at live performances in Disneyland and later in Argentina, where he lived in semi-retirement–and where he was celebrated for being El Zorro. He put on live shows as Zorro in Argentina and all over South America. Other former cast members from ZORRO would come down to Argentina to vist Williams and they would play out scenes for the enjoyment of the public.

Howver, I suppose I've put the cart before the horse as Disney did the shows first, from 1957 to 1959 and then the comics adapted that version of Zorro in issues of Dell FOUR COLOR and in WALT DISNEY'S ZORRO, from 1959 to 1961--with art by the likes of Alex Toth. But Zorro as a character--who had his beginnings in 1919 in the pulps--has appeared in comic books since the late 1940s.

After a horse-riding accident, while he was recovering, Guy Williams learned how to fence.

Buddy van Horn was the stunt coordinator and a stuntman on Disney’s ZORRO. He was the stunt double for Williams in many of the action scenes. Some dueling scenes in ZORRO involved Williams as Zorro and van Horn doubling for other actors.

Guy played Zorro not just on the small screen, but at live performances in Disneyland and later in Argentina, where he lived in semi-retirement–and where he was celebrated for being El Zorro. He put on live shows as Zorro in Argentina and all over South America. Other former cast members from ZORRO would come down to Argentina to vist Williams and they would play out scenes for the enjoyment of the public.
    Great anecdotes about Guy [Armando Catalano] Williams, thanks for sharing, he really did come to embody the character for many.
    Also although others played Zorro beforehand; Fairbanks, Powers, several in the Republic-Movie-Serials, Armando Catalano his real name was the first latin to play him, although of Italian descent, his name Catalano would suggest ancestors of Catalan descent coming from Cataluña Spain.

Howver, I suppose I've put the cart before the horse as Disney did the shows first, from 1957 to 1959 and then the comics adapted that version of Zorro in issues of Dell FOUR COLOR and in WALT DISNEY'S ZORRO, from 1959 to 1961--with art by the likes of Alex Toth. But Zorro as a character--who had his beginnings in 1919 in the pulps--has appeared in comic books since the late 1940s.
    I think I see what you are getting at, as far as casting a TV character from a comic, choosing Guy Williams is like putting the cart before the horse, since the famous (1958-61) Dell Disney Toth comics came out after.
    Yet as you indicate Zorro's roots go back much further than those comics, to the 1919 pulp magazines, then the 1920 Fairbanks silent film, the many Republic Movie Serials, The Tyrone Powers version, and Finally Disney, who would then launch the famous (1958-61) Alex Toth Dell Zorro comics after the fact.
    So yes the Disney specific comics came after.
    Yet there were pre-Disney Dell Zorro comics already published before Disney.
    Disney just took up the new numbering with their new Alex Toth beautifully drawn version.
    But yes bellow some of the (1949-55) pre-Disney Dell Zorro comics (based on McCulley stories) already existed.
    ZorroMaskDell.jpg
    We even have proof that Disney used the pre-existing Dell comics as some inspiration.

Bellow the interiors cover scans from (1949) Dell Four Color #228 The Mark of Zorro, a loose retelling of McCulley's story.

and....

Above ^ a publicity shot of Disney* pitching the still as yet only proposed Zorro TV series.
    On the stack of books not only do you see the (pre-Disney) Dell comic, but pinned to the wall, the illustration, from the same comic interior, as samples on how to depict the characters.
    So yes Guy Armando Catalano Williams somewhat counts although based on a pulp character, as portraying a then already existing comic character. ^
    He did a fantastic job! He's pretty much still my definitive Zorro.

(*Yes Walt Disney is holding a Zorro pistol above. in the McCulley pulps and movies, a black-powder pistol was a regular part of Zorro's arsenal) and in the subsequent Disney TV series he had no problems using one too, he could shoot to disarm, wound etc.)
    : )
    Last edited by Güicho; 12-18-2018 at 06:37 AM.

Retired

Thanks for posting all that extra info about the pre-Disney Dell Zorro. I knew those comics existed but not all the details. According to my internet search the first appearance of Zorro in comics that I could find was in HIT COMICS 55 (November 1948) when Kid Eternity summoned a guy with a whip named Zorro. But those Dell comics seem to be the first to give Zorro his own feature.

BANNED

Lucifer
    Legion
    Lois and Clark:The Adventures of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    drum roll please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabrial Luna as Ghost Rider!

Congratulations Gabriel!

he did an outstanding job
    The J-man