Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Avengers 17 spoilers/Loooove

Our latest issue opens with some startling (am I the only one that winced?) imagery of the Maker, sliced into sections, explaining to President Obama (R'Obama?) how the Molecule Man granted him "life" beyond Battleworld.

But that's not all -- it seems Mr. M&M bestowed each subsequent multiversal universe with its very own Maker -- same personality, same goals, same mission -- to remerge the multiverse (and presumably merge with his other selves) which he plans to execute using the resources provided by the expected ransom for President ---- Roberto???
    BOOM. James Bond unmasking? Scooby Doo reveal? Either way, President Obama is President R'Obama is SUPREME LEADER ROBERTO! Woooo! How did they know? 'Berto is Mister Two Steps Ahead 2016, y'all.

So then, as many folks assumed, Teddy's previous mid-battle-call on his arm-cell was most definitely Supreme Leader requesting a switcharoo to pose as 'Berto in his stead while he's posing as Obama with the Maker. Slick as Fuuuuuuuuhq.
    But back on Airforce One (Airlock One?), our Maker reveals, in true Bond fashion, bits of his schemes and plots by name dropping Nadia Pym, of all people, the newest Wasp. Whaaa? Very curious! But just as the Maker is in full brava-mode, Berto pulls the curtain back on yet ANOTHER bait and switch, revealing Warlock posing as Airforce One. And to add hurt to injury, Berto KIRBY BALLS UP to go old school fisticuffs on Ol' Maker's stupified face! But that grand finale of ownage isn't without a price, unfortunately. It seems Roberto's M-Pox affliction not only causes respiratory distress, but also literally saps him of his youth(??) when using his mutant gifts! Hence, his Nate Grey/Rogue/Skunk make-over.

Meanwhile back at HQ with the Dugan maelstrom, Toni and Aikku reveal the original Dum Dum's suspended animation-state of tube-slumber and he is none too pleased with the deception -- beheading Garrett, chastising Songbird and company, and lastly demanding a confrontation with 'Berto.
    This. Issue. Killed. It.
    Loved every minute. 100%.
    The art: Solid. The story: Sick. The pay off: Chills.
    My love for this book runneth over, Ewing, you glorious complex continuity fostering genius!

Seeing as how 'Berto didn't "die" and we have a funeral on deck (right?) for next issue, I now believe the mourning will be for Pod.

It was a great issue to close the story and prepare readers for U.S.Avengers.

We will have many changes in the team.

I do not care much for Dugan and was more interested in the Maker's speech that revealed certain things important information in the hands of the right person like Roberto.

I love you Bobby D! Who knew my least favorite New Mutant would climb the awesome ladder so far and so fast!

Ewing's Roberto da Costa almost makes me question my sexuality.

Roberto is so James Bond these days.

It's nice that the push Hickman gave the character in his Avengers run kept going after Hickman left. He's definately becoming more of a player in the MU.

This issue was fantastically crazy and is one of the reasons why Al Ewing is not only one of my current favorite marvel writers but also probably one of he best current marvel writers in general. I mean he had Sunspot beat up the Maker while playing the mission impossible theme on a plane controlled by Warlock, that is an insane idea just overflowing with goofy comic book fun. Not to mention the rest of the cast gets plenty of time to shine as well such as Hulkling, Warlock, and Songbird to name a few.

Overall, just another simply fun issue that has me excited for the jump to US Avengers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It was a nice and fun issue and I can't wait for the final issue to see how Roberto will finish to set up things to lead to USAvengers. Gonna miss Wiccan, Hulkling, Power Man, White Tiger and Songbird, Ewing did a great job with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It was a nice and fun issue and I can't wait for the final issue to see how Roberto will finish to set up things to lead to USAvengers. Gonna miss Wiccan, Hulkling, Power Man, White Tiger and Songbird, Ewing did a great job with all of them.
    Yes. Truly.
    Of all of them, I'd say Power Man got the least TLC but he already had loads of attention back in Mighty Avengers.
    I hope they'll find published homes -- aka books to thrive in -- if they're not following the gang in USAvengers.

I'm starting to feel like Maverick is becoming the new Ross, or at least serving Ross's traditional "normal gruff army general" role, so Ross can go back to being Red Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes. Truly.
    Of all of them, I'd say Power Man got the least TLC but he already had loads of attention back in Mighty Avengers.
    I hope they'll find published homes -- aka books to thrive in -- if they're not following the gang in USAvengers.
    Songbird is going back to Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Songbird is going back to Thunderbolts.
    One out of Five.
    Wonder how the other will fare.

Ewing could easily "write away" Billy and Teddy into space, pursuing Teddy's royal legacy.
    I suppose Ava could go back to street-level-crime-fighting, possibly with Victor in tow.

I hate youth-sapping stories

So wait, the true Dum Dum Dugan is actually alive and in suspended animation? Did I misunderstand that?

Not that anyone cares but me...
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

This was crazy, gleefully ridiculous and just fun. I definitely loved it. So many great lines and moments. And by the way: "You're a bad enough dude to save the president." Damn, Ewing, with the awesome reference.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And Garrett got decapitated. After the s*** he pulled, he sure deserved it. Probably the best karmic death since he was casually blasted apart by Coulson in the first-season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    The spider is always on the hunt.