BANNED

Default Just broke up with my girlfriend

She was very emotionally unavailable, non communicative, texted one-word replies a lot and was very paranoid, always asking if I still loved her and wanted to be with her.

We had four incredible months together. She was the most beautiful, kindest, most loving soul I had ever met. We had great times, but I could not be there for her when she had emotional breakdowns, because she refused to confide in me. It hurt so much. She has a lot of mental illnesses but I always told her I'd support her, but she didn't make it easy for me at all. And I was also, sadly, losing interest.

I'm a young guy, age 19, never really dumped anyone before. Anyone have any advice on how to get through this? Because I feel terrible right now. Apologies if this isn't the right section for this

the first time is always the hardest, it's a struggle but you'll get through it, i know you will.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Black View Post
    She was very emotionally unavailable, non communicative, texted one-word replies a lot and was very paranoid, always asking if I still loved her and wanted to be with her.

We had four incredible months together. She was the most beautiful, kindest, most loving soul I had ever met. We had great times, but I could not be there for her when she had emotional breakdowns, because she refused to confide in me. It hurt so much. She has a lot of mental illnesses but I always told her I'd support her, but she didn't make it easy for me at all. And I was also, sadly, losing interest.

I'm a young guy, age 19, never really dumped anyone before. Anyone have any advice on how to get through this? Because I feel terrible right now. Apologies if this isn't the right section for this
    Even though you have broken up with her, you should tell her that if she needs you to talk, you would be there to support her and be there for her As. A. Friend.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

If you aren't interested in her, don't try to reconnect and don't give her false hope. It's usually better to have a clean break.

Side note: I really, really fought my urge to give a sarcastic response made up of Pixies lyrics.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Yes, a clean break is best. It sounds harsh but it's for the best.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Amazing Member

I have been there and understand your feeling bad about it. As cliche as it is, the best way to get over it is time and a new girl friend. Also, as others mentioned, don 't give her false hope.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

A few things… first of all, for the rest of your life, remember that mental illness is for real and while you might very well fall in love with someone with mental illness that love won't make it go away. Secondly something very similar happened to me when I was not much younger than you. Twelve years later (for me) I wound up hooking up with the same girl again because she started taking her mental health more seriously (and I was a lot more mature too) and we've been together nearly a decade. She still has mental health issues (and she always will) but we're grownups and know how to deal with them (no offense…... and I'm not suggesting it's always easy).In the short term I suggest a diet rich in beer, Screeching Weasel, Mister T Experience and The Queers. Until that gets ya' feeling better just tell people...

Last edited by Prisoner 6655321; 10-31-2016 at 12:35 AM.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Your 19? In 10+ years you'll mostly remember the bounce off the wall sex. Well, hopefully you got at least that much out of it.

Also stop posting on a comic forum & go find a real Harley Quinn. I saw a metric ton of them this past Halloween. Wish I was 19 again, damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Even though you have broken up with her, you should tell her that if she needs you to talk, you would be there to support her and be there for her As. A. Friend.
    no no no no no no

That won't end well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html