Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Extraordinary X-Men 15 - Discussion

No recap still? The interest in this is low I see.

So, the issue started with Illiyana and Storm recovering from possessed Sapna's attack from last issue. Magik has a little breakdown due to her failing Sapna, later recovering and trying to go back to Limbo the way they came, as the Soulsword was stolen indicating that Limbo was to be attacked. They try to obtain information about the entity (The World Eater) that possessed Sapna, from the wizards that they battled in the last issue. After a rough intro, they become allies and the wizards explain that the World Eater is an entity that consumes mystical dimensions by taking over host from each dimension. The wizards are then the last survivors of their dimensions. That part of the story ends with Illiyana becoming a conduct for the wizards' magic to try to reach Limbo through her connection to that realm.

In other story, Kurt assisted by Cerebra, Anole, Glob, and Martha subdue Colossus long enough to send him to prison in X-Haven. Apocalypse still been creepy saying that he should be release and in return turn colossus to normal, and that Forge will not be able to do that on his on. Forge has no results that allow him to disagree.

In another story, when returning from the mission to retrieve Colossus, Jeen appears and Anole starts to tell her how Glob was a badass and knocked out Colossus. Gob then starts to gain courage to ask Jeen out, but luckily for her the World Eater (with Sapna as a host) appears and attacks X-Haven, with Jeen knocked out apparently from some psychic/mystic backlash.

The end.

My thoughts on this issue are, combined with the previous ones and Lemire runs on Animal Man and Moon Knight, how is he not writing a solo for Magik instead of EXM?
    Last edited by LuisPD; 10-27-2016 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisPD View Post
    My thoughts on this issue are, combined with the previous ones and Lemire runs on Animal Man and Moon Knight, how is he not writing a solo for Magik instead of EXM?

Because then EXM would have no story. The series has simply been a bridge for secret wars -> IvsX .

Nothing that happens in this comic ever has any ramifications or point =/

Lame issue with boring Magik story.

I thought Apocalypse wars was bad arc but this one is even worse.

But hey, we get told how awesome Glob is.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lame issue with boring Magik story.

I thought Apocalypse wars was bad arc but this one is even worse.

Sooooo you guys are saying it's NOT worth picking up to read before IvX?

Anole was such a cute little wingman in this issue. That's how bros should help each other out.

Not that it means much but I'll post my obligatory "I liked this issue" post since I seem to be in the minority. I was actually thinking to myself that the arc is getting stronger as I read it.

Very curious to see if colossus and apocalyose break out and cause some major sht to happen.

Funny moments: Magik telling storm that she would dismember her if she ever told anyone that she saw Magik crying.. Also Jean fainting before the fight even started was a "lol" throwback to the 90s cartoon to me.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

A good issue nothing extraordinary but nothing too bad at the same time.
    At least the young mutants have achieved some space in the fight against Colossus although expected a little more of that fight.

Apocalypse seemed to know what would happen and wonder what he hopes to accomplish on get free.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-27-2016 at 05:13 AM.

One issue with Magik running through dimensions after a little girl. One issue with Magik running back after the same little girl (because one trip wasn't enough). 2 issues showing us Apocalypse jailed in their basement so we don't forget that he is there when he will inevitably escape in the next issue.

And during this time, there is the Mist, CW2, the incoming conflict with the Inhumans, the unresolved stuff with Cyclops and other X-Men.

I believed that the previous issue was the most boring, I was wrong.

Ha ha ha ha Narasinha.

I read it and there is almost no Old Man Logan.
    I probably will not buy of this comic. Why insert Wolverine analogue , if you are not using it?

I liked the first few issues. Logan had his own line with the dialogue. Now there is nothing.
    Last edited by Jumbo; 10-27-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sooooo you guys are saying it's NOT worth picking up to read before IvX?
    Basically.

BANNED

So... Is it not so extraordinary X men?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    So... Is it not so extraordinary X men?
    Now it is mainly about Storm and Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Anole was such a cute little wingman in this issue. That's how bros should help each other out.

Not that it means much but I'll post my obligatory "I liked this issue" post since I seem to be in the minority. I was actually thinking to myself that the arc is getting stronger as I read it.

Very curious to see if colossus and apocalyose break out and cause some major sht to happen.

Funny moments: Magik telling storm that she would dismember her if she ever told anyone that she saw Magik crying.. Also Jean fainting before the fight even started was a "lol" throwback to the 90s cartoon to me.
    Bwahahahah!! Man my cousins and I used to count how many times that happened to Jean. That was one of the highlights of the show. That or when she would trip over air LOL