Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Full JLA line-up revealed(most likely some spoilers for JLvs SS)

After the first few announcements of the JLA members Ray, Vixen, Atom, and Killer Frost I was already plenty excited for Steve Orlando'S JLA, however DC may have let the cat out of the bag because they showed the first cover for its February release that shows not only those original four characters but also Batman, Black Canary, and...old school Lobo? That's right he's back with his handlebar mustache as a member of the JLA so things should get very interesting for this team later on, although I do wonder why he's even here.

However what bugs me is that they put Black Canary on the team but didn't bring Green Arrow, who I honestly thought would have made a good team member and has some good chemistry with Black Canary but hey I still have his solo book.

Although from the looks of this book it looks like something happens in Justice League Vs Suicide Squad that makes Batman form his own team of Justice League, or at least that's the impression I'm getting.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/...don-comic-con/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm okay with BC and GA not being in every book together. I didn't really like birds of prey so it'll be nice to see her outside of that relationship.

Not a huge fan of batman here, but he sells so I get it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I was hoping for Captain Atom and Black Lightning but this is cool. Hopefully the main Justice League line up change also.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I was hoping for Captain Atom and Black Lightning but this is cool. Hopefully the main Justice League line up change also.
    I'm okay with the lineup (although 2 GLs is weird), but could use a new creative team.

Think that might not be until after the rebrith "event" though.

Amazing Member

That certainly is a surprising line-up. At least it's peaked my interest.

Lobo is the biggest surprise here considering he isn't usually a team player. But I think that's what's going to make this a fun book to read.

this looks so awesome! like batman and the outsiders meets the CW legends and juiced up times 10

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This isn't the first time that Black Canary has been on the League without Green Arrow. It happened in the early AND late 80s and again in Metzler's relaunch from about a decade ago.

I like the line-up for the most part with the exceptions of Ryan(I'd prefer Ray) and Lobo(makes no sense at all). I just wish a few more MIA heroes would have joined such as Black Lightning, Dr. Light, Martian Manhunter, Shazam, and Zatanna.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

more excited about the Jetsons & Batwoman titles shown on that page!
    Last edited by md62; 10-28-2016 at 09:11 AM.

Not a fan of Batman in this, or Lobo.
    Happy about Black Canary but this announcement probably means its a pass for me.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Ahahaahah this is beautiful. I welcome the OG main man into the JLA.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Batman leading the team feels...typical, though I wonder if this means he's off the main League? Does he lead this team to make sure they abide by the rules set by the main League and ensures the government doesn't turn them into another Task Force X? Is this League going to become his Outsiders?

And I guess Night of the Monster Men gave Orlando plenty of practice writing Batman, even in a semi-team setting.

I love how people were worried about Harley joining this League and we end up getting classic Lobo of all people .

I'm not quite sure what to think of Lobo joining the team, but seeing classic Lobo back is awesome and I'm sure he'll be a lot of fun here .

It's weird seeing Black Canary on this team without Green Arrow, especially now that they're back together again as a couple and Superhero partners, but it is nice to see Dinah on a League again .

BANNED

Yes, Batman vs Prometheus is only a matter of time now, I'm excited for this book for that encounter alone.

So I wonder how big a shakeup the main League might get out of this event? Would we only be losing Batman while the rest of the team remains the same?

Ugh!
    I like Black Canary, but I don't need her on 3 books.
    Likewise there's plenty of Batman already.
    And I just don't care for Lobo at all. Either version.
    Not happy with these additions.

I wonder if this is also hinting at Arrowverse Lobo turning up in Supergirl ?