Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

It sounds like we're getting back to a more traditional Venom. I wonder if it'll still be Flash?

I hope Costa can do a better job here then he did with Web Warriors, though I'm iffy on Sandoval for art.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Sandoval is perfect for art on this if Venom is going to look big and bulky again.

The guy brings a good level of energy to his work, but was no good on a team of traditionally quite small and compact characters like the previous New Avengers line up
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

the question is whether the host is going to be Flash or Brock? Physically he looks like classic Venom, but if it's going to be Brock then what's that going to mean for Flash and the Toxin symbiote?

I hope it is Brock. Flash's recent incarnation of Venom has left my cold.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope it is Brock. Flash's recent incarnation of Venom has left my cold.
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose because I'm the complete opposite. If its Flash (ideally with Mania but that would just be icing on the cake) I'll stick with it but if Eddie is back in the role then I won't be reading :/

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Different strokes for different folks I suppose because I'm the complete opposite. If its Flash (ideally with Mania but that would just be icing on the cake) I'll stick with it but if Eddie is back in the role then I won't be reading :/
    Agreed. There's nothing that Eddie can provide that Flash can't do better. He's just a rounder character, and he's more integral to Spidey's world than Eddie ever was or will be.

-Pav, who will trade-wait regardless...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ugh. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Flash going all super soldier with the Venom suit. OG Venom look as an anti-villain? Boring. As a full fleshed villain? Yes if that's Eddie Brock.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

I'm gonna say this is another cover not to be trusted, but if it relates to the actual content it's Brock, probably tying with whatever happens at the end of the Carnage ongoing and the Spaceknight title.
    I hope it's not Flash going bad since that makes no sense at all.

The latest solicits for Venom: Space Knight have the Symbiote going out of control, so Flash's attempts to rein in control over it maybe end with him reverting to "Lethal Protector" Venom?

I just don't see how they could get Brock back as Venom given what's going on with him right now and how much he's changed.

Carnage kills the Toxin symbiote and Flash loses it when he fights Spidey on the #12 issue.
    I mean sure, you could argue Eddie wouldn't want it back, but I thought the same about him bonding with Toxin and here we are.

What if... (Now hear me out) what if it's Kaine. (OK, no need to hear me out)

I have never been as worried by a minor piece of artistic detail as I am by the tongue on that cover.

I do have to admit though, that a part of me would relish the return of a more villainous Venom. Spider-Man has few enemies that are as truly terrifying and menacing as he is. It is a shame that he was misused for such a long period.

I've been excited and potentially worried about this since yesterday. I'm down for Venom back on Earth (and in Philly!), but after all the development Flash has gotten I don't want him going anywhere. Same with Eddie. Loved what AV and Gerry Conway have brought to the table, so I don't want Brock regressing back into a villain for an arbitrary reason and no to hating Spidey again. I've been reading him for ages and I've seen all the different ways they tried to freshen up the hate and it wouldn't work. It worked back in the day, but there's new avenues and ways to expand on his characterization.

Brock and Flash have tons of potential, but we have to keep moving forward and remembering what was built. I'd personally like to see Flash, Andi/Mania and Brock sharing a title, but Carnage isn't necessarily done;
    https://twitter.com/gerryconway/stat...55134635597824

So I have no idea how things will be affected, but I've got hope. Also, I hope the writer digs into the past to revitalize some rogues.

The Jury, Orwell Taylor or the Life Foundation could get a fresh coat of paint and menace our symbiote protagonist(s). They had potential and weren't utilized as much as they could have been.
    Voice Actor and Symbiote Fanatic -- Hoping for Anti-Venom's return daily.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, is this a joke? After so many years and stories, they want to turn Venom back into a villain? How stupid is that?!! Let's think about the consequences:
    + They can't turn Flash into villain or remove the symbiote from him, at least while he doesn't have his legs.
    + Merging Venom and Eddie Brock after so much time would be pathetic. So many years of character development just to turn back to square one.
    + Flash could then merge with Toxin and became "Agent Toxin", which might actually work; considering we saw Toxin with an outfit very similar to the original "Agent Venom". Of course, the problem is still the return of the classic Venom.
    + Mania could actually "evolve" and became the new "Venom", so we could have two Venoms as there are two of each character now (Captain America, Spider-Mna, Thor... etc).
    They better don't try yo use it as a villain again versus Spider-Man, like in "Renew Your Vows", because is embarrasing returning to that after so much time.