Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Green Lantern officially never coming on Arrow. according to Executive Producer

Executive Producer Wendy Mericle officially announced that Green Lantern will never appear on Arrow. then why dropped pointless Easter Eggs to excite the Fans for no reason?

i know that Wendy is being told to say these things by WB and i don't think they have no excuses for this. we have two versions of Flash and two versions of Superman they have no excuses what's so ever. if WB wants DC TV and DC Film separate then what's the harm in having two versions? i say none at all but what's done is done.

do you think this was a bad decision? or do you think they should reconsider this in the near future? please post your opinions there are much appreciated.
    Last edited by AndrewBatman82; 10-29-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Mighty Member

If GL came on Arrow he would just be another one of Felicity's pathetic admirers. She would hack his ring or something and of course he would love her like Ray, Barry & Oliver.

Maybe they dont see the need for just hal on the show and dont have the budget for him with powers

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    If GL came on Arrow he would just be another one of Felicity's pathetic admirers. She would hack his ring or something and of course he would love her like Ray, Barry & Oliver.
    This. How the fuck are people still expecting more characters to be brought to this show? The only reason I can see is that they hate them and want to see them completely ruined.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

He will never be on Arrow ....... now Green Lantern appearing on Flash is another story all together.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hmm, Green Lantern might actually be a better fit on Supergirl, since the Green Lantern Corps is typically a long-lived intergalactic/interstellar peacekeeping force that Hal Jordan (and Earth as a whole) is newly inducted into. With more extraterrestrial criminals and lawbreakers hiding out or basing their operations on Earth, that would provide an excuse for the Guardians of Oa to send Sector 2814's Green Lantern to Earth, with the rogue Lantern Sinestro also going there to recruit an army of these extraterrestrial criminals and terrorists for his own ends . . . cue retelling of the classic Green Lantern origin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Retired

I think adding Hal would be a way to kick ARROW lose of the formula it's stuck in. Get Ollie and Hal out on the road, shake things up.

As for Green Lantern. Hal wouldn't have to be a GL. It's probably too expensive and might be too over the top. Jordan could refer to his history as an integalactic cop, talk about having had a ring that was taken away from him by his bosses. Ollie would be skeptical--but at the end of their quest, Hal would win back his ring and the last image would be Hal flying off into space.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, Green Lantern might actually be a better fit on Supergirl, since the Green Lantern Corps is typically a long-lived intergalactic/interstellar peacekeeping force that Hal Jordan (and Earth as a whole) is newly inducted into. With more extraterrestrial criminals and lawbreakers hiding out or basing their operations on Earth, that would provide an excuse for the Guardians of Oa to send Sector 2814's Green Lantern to Earth, with the rogue Lantern Sinestro also going there to recruit an army of these extraterrestrial criminals and terrorists for his own ends . . . cue retelling of the classic Green Lantern origin.
    It could be Kyle Rayner, working as an artist for CatCo. His appearance in Superman TAS had him in the same role for the Daily Planet. There may have been an Emerald Twilight-like event that leaves him the only ring slinger in the universe at this point.

Plus Supergirl became a Red Lantern for a short while in the Red Daughter of Krypton storyline. The TV version still retains some anger issues (she showed passion in the last episode with her story for Snapper) and it is possible she would become disillusioned at some point enough to attract a red ring.

Astonishing Member

So why those missing pilot and flight jacket easter eggs? Those two aspects are strongly tied to Hal Jordan, and now we know it's not leading anywhere is just plain disappointing.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It probably would have been better to say that they presently have no plans for featuring Green Lantern on TV than simply rule it out altogether.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It probably would have been better to say that they presently have no plans for featuring Green Lantern on TV than simply rule it out altogether.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Better for whom?

I was thinking to myself that we might see some teases to the Green Lantern Corps. (or the Legion as well) in the upcoming Invasion! crossover, but that was always going to be a long-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    So why those missing pilot and flight jacket easter eggs? Those two aspects are strongly tied to Hal Jordan, and now we know it's not leading anywhere is just plain disappointing.
    It's like the Ted Kord teases through Arrow seasons 1-2. He was supposed to fulfill Ray's role in season 3, but they couldn't use him because DC had "plans."

So basically all that build-up led to nothing .

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I am saddened by this news.

Well then, If you won't put him in Arrow give him his own TV show and i'll let bygones be bygones.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

Isn't the Alan version supposed to exist as the father of Obsidian? Besides, plans change when the cash register calls.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I am saddened by this news.

Well then, If you won't put him in Arrow give him his own TV show and i'll let bygones be bygones.
    Or revive Green Lantern: The Animated Series .