Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I thought Carter looked more alien/martian-ish than ancient demi-god in that brief moment. But more to come!
    If you look at that episode, again, and episodes in the past, you will find that President Marsden's eyes glowed blue in that big reveal, at the end. On Supergirl, all of the disguised Martians' eyes have typically glowed red - not blue. This indicates that she is not a Martian, but, some other non-human or superhuman creature.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-16-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Take another look at the CGI on Lynda Carter's transformation, on Supergirl. While, the Martians are distinguished by red eyes, and that includes the 'white Martians', Lynda's character is distinguished by bluish white eyes and some kind of red, vein-like discoloration on the skin. For this reason, I don't think she is intended to be a Martian, but, something else, entirely.

I think that, with a Wonder Woman film being released, this summer, Supergirl is going to cash in on its popularity by introducing Circe, played by Lynda. Circe is orchestrating some kind of plot to take over the world, using mankind's hysterical fear or extra-terrestrials, that ultimately ends in her pitting aliens against mankind ..or something, like that. I also couldn't help noticing the familiar green of her scarf, a shade that we've often scene Circe wearing in the comics, ..but, there's an even bigger clue that Lynda might be playing Circe...

What's Lynda Carter doing, here? Especially...what's Lynda Carter doing on Supergirl in the same year that a WW film, the first WW film, comes to theatres? I think Lynda Carter is here, because of her association with Wonder Woman, and a storyline that will feature elements from the WW comics, like Circe ..or Donna Troy.

Of course, ..there's also Maxima. Maybe, she's Maxima.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-24-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Take another look at the CGI on Lynda Carter's transformation, on Supergirl. While, the Martians are distinguished by red eyes, and that includes the 'white Martians', Lynda's character is distinguished by bluish white eyes and some kind of red, vein-like discoloration on the skin. For this reason, I don't think she is intended to be a Martian, but, something else, entirely.

I think that, with a Wonder Woman film being released, this summer, Supergirl is going to cash in on its popularity by introducing Circe, played by Lynda. Circe is orchestrating some kind of plot to take over the world, using mankind's hysterical fear or extra-terrestrials, that ultimately ends in her pitting aliens against mankind ..or something, like that. I also couldn't help noticing the familiar green of her scarf, a shade that we've often scene Circe wearing in the comics, ..but, there's an even bigger clue that Lynda might be playing Circe...

What's Lynda Carter doing, here? Especially...what's Lynda Carter doing on Supergirl in the same year that a WW film, the first WW film, comes to theatres? I think Lynda Carter is here, because of her association with Wonder Woman, and a storyline that will feature elements from the WW comics, like Circe ..or Donna Troy.

Of course, ..there's also Maxima. Maybe, she's Maxima.
    I would say it's quite a stretch to say blue eyes and a green scarf would indicate Lynda is Circe... especially when there are quite a few alien races in DC who have red or reddish skin.
    And even if you are talking magic... there is Trigon and his brood, who's eyes outside of cartoons tend to turn brigt yellow or white... so she might be Raven

As for why Lynda is there... fanservice, and because Lynda is an actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I would say it's quite a stretch to say blue eyes and a green scarf would indicate Lynda is Circe... especially when there are quite a few alien races in DC who have red or reddish skin.
    And even if you are talking magic... there is Trigon and his brood, who's eyes outside of cartoons tend to turn brigt yellow or white... so she might be Raven

As for why Lynda is there... fanservice, and because Lynda is an actress.
    My answer to that is...

Here's a Kirbyesque Circe from 'Justice League' cartoon (DCAU)
    Here's another Circe image from DCUO

So far, President Marsdin (Carter) is championing extraterrestrials seeking asylum on Earth, without hostility. The question, of course, ..is, "Why would Circe want Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El and the DEO preoccupied with fighting and keeping track of a tidal wave of aliens?"
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-19-2017 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

My answer to that is...

So basically nothing at all save speculation.

So far, President Marsdin (Carter) is championing extraterrestrials seeking asylum on Earth, without hostility. The question, of course, ..is, "Why would Circe want Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El and the DEO preoccupied with fighting and keeping track of a tidal wave of aliens?"
    The answer lies in:

It isn't Circe.

As we all know, it just isn't in Circe's character to hide who she is unless absolutely necessary to pull of her plans... and getting elected to the presidency seems like a bit too much for anyone frankly. (How does the master mind intend to get the nuclear weapon? He will get themselves elected!).
    Second point is, Circe does not have red skin, so even if Carter is posing as Circe there's no real reason for her to turn a shade of red if she was changing back into her real form. Then there is the motivation you mention, it would be pretty left field for a magic based character to distract the hero with random aliens. Plus there is that small bit about Circe traditionally having zero interests in aliens, Kryptonian or Martians. Last ofcourse is the absence of magic thus far.

What is possibly though, with all the Martians running around, is that she is a Red Martian using her powers to get someone onto the planet for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    So basically nothing at all save speculation.

The answer lies in:

It isn't Circe.

As we all know, it just isn't in Circe's character to hide who she is unless absolutely necessary to pull of her plans... and getting elected to the presidency seems like a bit too much for anyone frankly. (How does the master mind intend to get the nuclear weapon? He will get themselves elected!).
    Second point is, Circe does not have red skin, so even if Carter is posing as Circe there's no real reason for her to turn a shade of red if she was changing back into her real form. Then there is the motivation you mention, it would be pretty left field for a magic based character to distract the hero with random aliens. Plus there is that small bit about Circe traditionally having zero interests in aliens, Kryptonian or Martians. Last ofcourse is the absence of magic thus far.

What is possibly though, with all the Martians running around, is that she is a Red Martian using her powers to get someone onto the planet for whatever reason.
    Red Martians are from the John Carter stories. DC has no red Martians.

Something is up, though - the eyes look a little like Silver Banshee's, though she makes as little sense, plotting an alien attack, as Circe does, ..and maybe, even less. There's no reason for production to go to the expense of CGI Lynda's eyes and face, if she isn't some kind of very recognizable super-villain.

I just think Lynda Carter joining the cast of Supergirl, a year prior to a WW movie probably means she'll be playing a character from the WW comics. Presently, her Saturnian super-villain, Eviless, is the picture of obscurity - Eviless hasn't been in the WW comics, since the 1940s - but, I'd love to see her brought back to life on this show, right in the middle of the upcoming Wonder Woman mania.

Then, again...maybe, it is Circe.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

On Supergirl, a magical enemy is as likely to be Selena as Circe. (And Faye Dunaway's performance as Selena is hilarious when approached in the right frame of mind.)
    Last edited by SteveGus; 02-19-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    On Supergirl, a magical enemy is as likely to be Selena as Circe. (And Faye Dunaway's performance as Selena is hilarious when approached in the right frame of mind.)
    Selena...that would be so wicked.

BANNED

Red Martians are from the John Carter stories. DC has no red Martians.
    They do actually since the recent Martian Manhunter limited series.

Something is up, though - the eyes look a little like Silver Banshee's, though she makes as little sense, plotting an alien attack, as Circe does, ..and maybe, even less. There's no reason for production to go to the expense of CGI Lynda's eyes and face, if she isn't some kind of very recognizable super-villain.

I just think Lynda Carter joining the cast of Supergirl, a year prior to a WW movie probably means she'll be playing a character from the WW comics. Presently, her Saturnian super-villain, Eviless, is the picture of obscurity - Eviless hasn't been in the WW comics, since the 1940s - but, I'd love to see her brought back to life on this show, right in the middle of the upcoming Wonder Woman mania.

Then, again...maybe, it is Circe.
    The problem is that she isn't recognizable as she is now... since none of us can tell who she actually is.

And while that might be nice, I don't think they are going to do that. Marvel ties their TV shows to their movies, because they are taking place in the same universes, while DC's TV and movie productions are separate entities. Like neither Flash or Arrow did anything to commemorate BvS or Suicide Squad.

But likely it is not.