Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who Is Your Favourite Superhero/Villain and Why?

I'm posting this in both Marvel and DC sub-divisions, so you can have a Marvel side and a DC side.

I'm just curious as to who you guys like the most and why. I always see people saying they love people like Doctor Fate and The Question (who I both enjoy), but I've wondered why. I always feel like my favourites end up being the stereotypical Superman/Flash/Batman characters and not the slightly more obscure choices. Who's your favourite and why? Sound away!

Classic 90's Giffen & Grant Version of Lobo. Just share a lot of the same out looks on life in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Classic 90's Giffen & Grant Version of Lobo. Just share a lot of the same out looks on life in common.
    Me too. I'm really looking forward to having the Biz Bo back.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

BANNED

Batman is my favorite. Preferably The TAS Batman, that's pretty much what Batman is for me but i enjoyed somewhat more socially healty takes on him too in comics... lol but what i really identify with is the TAS Batman and Batman's costume is cool.

Joker is my favorite villain... i don't get identify with him or anything. lol I guess he comes in the same package with Batman. I mean if you like Batman, you probably like Joker too. He's crazy lol and did some real damage, that's what i like about a villain. I look for the damage that he has done. Did he really ruin the heroe's life at some point or something like that and we have two of them with Joker. He killed one of the Robins and Cripled Barbara... those were really personal for Bruce and ruined his life so he's a good villain too but as i said before he comes in the same package with Batman, that's why he's my favorite villain. They are inseparable.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Batman is my favourite super-hero, partly due to the 90s animated series but also because of the films that were made in the late 80s as well. Particularly the Michael Keaton films, I thought he was awesome in that role though I didn't mind the Val Kilmer one.

As for my favourite villain, I'll have to go with Joker for that one.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

It's never been set in stone. If you'd asked the eight year old me that question then it would have been Superman without doubt.

For the last decade or so my favourite hero has been Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Superman and Aquaman push him really close though.

Nominating a favourite villain is even more difficult. This is one area where DC are imperious. I'll go for Lex Luthor.

Darkseid, General Zod, Brainiac, Sinestro, Joker, Penguin, Black Manta, Ocean Master, Ares, Zoom etc - what a list.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 10-30-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: don't like the word 'question' twice in a sentence

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

If my avatar isn't a dead giveaway, Batman is my favorite DC superhero. I like how he decided from an early age that he was going to turn his tragedy into a force for good. He could easily have grown up a spoiled and disgruntled rich brat. Instead, he's used his wealth for good causes and to fund his life as a superhero to protect his city and prevent tragedies like the one that happened to his parents. He's driven almost to the point of obsession, but also surrounds himself with those who he calls family and truly cares for them--Alfred, Damian, Dick, Tim, Jason, etc.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Batman has always been my #1 favorite. He was such a huge part of my childhood, especially TAS version. Nowadays, Batman is still #1, but I really like Barry Allen/the Flash, too. I'll throw in Rorschach as a favorite anti-hero, too. I'll add Deadpool to that category.

Gray area- I like the Comedian from Watchmen, too. He's not a hero, but he's not a villain. Some of his dialogue/inner thoughts are the best I've seen in comics.

The Joker is my favorite villain, when he's done correctly. I loved him in BTAS, I loved him in Dark Knight, and he was terrifying in Death of The Family. I'll add Dr. Manhattan to the list, seeing that he seems to have pulled a heel turn in DC Rebirth by doing something so colossal.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

All-New Member

My Favourite superhero is Animal Man and favourite Villain is Ares,

WONDER WOMAN is my favorite super heroes because she's strong independent and fearless and believe and worship her GOD'S who grant her power to carry out her mission of LOVE and PEACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
    Me too. I'm really looking forward to having the Biz Bo back.
    I refuse to let my hopes get up. DC has burned them and thrown the ashes in my face too many times.

Fantastic Member

Batman is my favorite DC hero due to the 90s animated series, Superman's a close second but Batman's show came first lol

Favorite Villain is either gonna be Joker or Lex Luthor, can never pick who's better although I probably just give to Lex due to him being one of my fav characters on Smallville
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman and Lex Luthor!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman and the Joker, as overplayed as they are. With that many stories devoted to them, you're gonna stack up quite a few crappy ones. The Joker in particular has been transformed into a pretty bad caricature of himself over the last couple years. But they're pop culture juggernauts for a reason.

Superman and Lex would be very close seconds. Wonder Woman and Cheetah too, but more for concept than execution most of the time.

Nerdqueen

My favorite: DC hero is probably Jessica Cruz! I love her because first off she is a girl superhero, but also she isn't full of her self. At first it seems like she isn't going to be a great green lantern because she can't even make a construct, but she over comes her fear and saves Simon Baez from Atrocious. (Sorry if I spelled that wrong lol)

My favorite DC villain is defiantly the joker. He is just so ambiguous and evil that it's great. However, he also has the comical air to him that just makes him sooo good!! Killing joke is especially one of his great comics!