Default Will You Be Watching Hacksaw Ridge?

The big movie coming out next weekend will be Doctor Strange. I will definitely be watching that. However, there's also another movie coming out that is looking absolutely stellar. Hacksaw Ridge, starring Andrew Garfield and directed by Mel Gibson. Will you be watching it? See trailer below:

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am not sure. One on hand it SCREAMS Oscar bait, but on the other it does look like and interesting story. Think I will have to wait and here some reviews. I do hate giving any money to and ******* like Gibson though.

There's a guy I know that saw it and said to me it's one of the best movie experiences he's had in a long time. The concept is about a peace-loving guy who doesn't want to fire a gun but everything arounds him is pretty freakin hardcore. Almost Braveheart in WW2.

I have not seen a lot of movies on the big screen this year - I saw The Shallows, Don't Breath and Magnificent Seven and just a few others - and I will definitely see this. I miss the times when Hollywood was making epic flicks that wasn't just super-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    it SCREAMS Oscar bait.
    You got that right. And because it's directed by Mel Gibson, how much do you want to bet that the main character spends a good third of the movie going on a tirade about the Jews?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am not sure. One on hand it SCREAMS Oscar bait, but on the other it does look like and interesting story. Think I will have to wait and here some reviews. I do hate giving any money to and ******* like Gibson though.
    It does go back to that question of which is more important: the art or the artist?

I think in a lot of ways, there's a lot of assholes who you may have paid money for their art and not even know it, because their shitty nature is hidden. When you know things about artists, that question becomes a little harder to answer because the artist may be amazing at art, but a terrible person.

With Gibson, there's no denying that he's a gifted director. He is also a great actor, IMO.

I guess once you answer the question of which is more important, you can make a decision about whether to support this movie or not. If you are waiting for reviews, you may reluctant to hear that so far, this movie is supposed to be pretty great.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Probably not. Just watching the trailers, Andrew Garfield's southern accent is so fake-sounding that it's like nails on a chalkboard. I don't think I could put up with it for a whole movie.