BANNED

Default Why do people want Rucka to combine Doctor Cyber with Cale?

I'm not saying that Cale as basically a poor man's version of Superman: Birthright Alex is great, but why combine her with Cyber and essentially deplete WW's already made fun of rogues gallery? Doctor Cyber could easily be salvaged, she's basically an evil Iron Man/female Doctor Doom.

I don't think we need to make Cale, the new Doctor Cyber. I think it's wasteful.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

While I dont think there is a huge crowd that wants this, I can see the reason behind it. Cale was basically Rucka's pet character, his attempt at giving Diana a real Lex Luthor type that most didn't bother with after he left the book, while Cyber has become this obscure character no one really knows what to do with any more.
    The idea would be to combine two poorly characters into one better one that isn't totally a rip off of one of the greatest villains in the DCU. Like you get Veronica Cale, highly successful business woman during the day, and the ruthless armored criminal Dr. Cyber at night. Alternatively you could go full Iron Man and have Cale explain Cyber as being her employee/bodyguard who sadly goes out of line. You could even bring back the old 'seemingly died' idea where Cyber explodes or otherwise appears to die if cornered.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, it's mostly due to to both characters being kind of weak on their own but could potentially be made better if combined. Dr. Cyber is pretty much a nothing character beyond her name and design...but those are both basically pretty cool, so why let it go to waste? Cale is basically a female post-Crisis Lex Luthor, and I have trouble caring about that version of Lex to begin with. My Lex is a very public mad criminal scientist who prays to Einstein. So I guess if the "corrupt CEO" niche needs to be filled, I think I'd rather it be Cale than him, but that still leaves kind of a boring set up for WW's arch nemesis, which I sometimes think is what Rucka is trying to push her as. If it's not Cheetah, it should be Ares or Circe.

Like SiegePerilous02 said, Cyber has name and powers but nothing on the inside that matters, Cale has motivation and personality but no much to fight WW with, combine them and get something. Or at least somehow connect them like siblings or Cyber is Cale's AI.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Like SiegePerilous02 said, Cyber has name and powers but nothing on the inside that matters, Cale has motivation and personality but no much to fight WW with, combine them and get something. Or at least somehow connect them like siblings or Cyber is Cale's AI.
    That's like combining Luthor with Conduit. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    That's like combining Luthor with Conduit. What's the point?
    Cale doesn't have much to fight with and Cyber doesn't have that much depth, so combining them could "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak or with Cale's tech skills connecting them could create some good stories or create a partnership.

Combining Luthor with Conduit wouldn't make sense since Luthor does has his own "Warsuit" but Luthor making an alter ego called Conduit and pretending to be a hero or a mercenary could help him either make Superman look bad or get him some connections to some businesses or other villains without them knowing its Luthor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Cale doesn't have much to fight with and Cyber doesn't have that much depth, so combining them could "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak or with Cale's tech skills connecting them could create some good stories or create a partnership.

Combining Luthor with Conduit wouldn't make sense since Luthor does has his own "Warsuit" but Luthor making an alter ego called Conduit and pretending to be a hero or a mercenary could help him either make Superman look bad or get him some connections to some businesses or other villains without them knowing its Luthor.
    And Cale couldn't have her own suit?

Plus having Luthor have a Cyber suit doesn't mean let's combine Luthor with brainiac and metallo

Veronica Cale is a doctor and it seemed to be where the story was going when Greg Rucka's last stint on the book was cut short. Circe had embedded a magic crystal in Cale's shoulder in a way that suggested it would lead to some type of superpower.

I'd prefer they remain separate characters. I see Doctor Cyber leading a shadow, meta espionage organization that comes into conflict with Diana via ARGUS. A cross between Kobra and the League of Shadows.